Is mandriva 2008 responsive on my laptop?

I have mandriva 2008 installed on my laptop - compaq presario c702tu. It has 1.73 Ghz Celeron M cpu and 512 RAM.

It takes 1 minute to boot. (duration from pressing the power start button to the complete KDE desktop).

Is it the normal boot time or is my laptop/mandriva slow?

Also at startup and shutdown I see the following line.

ACPI Exception (processor_core-0781): AE_NOT_FOUND, Processor Device is not present [20070126]

Is it a fatal message? If so, what can I do to get over it?

Please suggest me.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by manmath sahu

One minute sounds perfectly fine to me. My install takes one minute on a Core 2 Duo 2GHz, with 4GB RAM.

Thanks!

But what about that - ACPI Exception (processor_core-0781): AE_NOT_FOUND, Processor Device is not present [20070126]

Is it a fatal message? I wonder how to stop this message.

Googling seems to suggest a problem with cpufreq. I suppose you could disable the cpufreq services, and then see if you still get the same error message. I'm unsure, but I don't think cpufreq or cpu frequency scaling will work on your Celeron M processor anyhow. But, if you have cpufreq enabled, disable it, and then see if you get the error on reboot.

If not, have a read through some of these to see if you have any symptoms:

1. http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=608361&page=2

2. http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=ACPI+Exce...art=10&sa=N

the last is the google search I did to find out more about your error message. I'm sure you might find an answer here if what I've suggested doesn't help. Otherwise, if no symptoms or problems - just ignore it as previously mentioned.