emulating oovoo with wine

Install wine, make sure the wine process is running, click on the setup.exe or install.exe. If you're lucky it will install and run. If you have problems, check out the AppDB at WineHQ for possible hints and tips. It looks as though this is a very new application and so there is likely to be very little experience of trying to run it under wine.

Jim

yes so i have to install it?? i tried to go with a console in the windows partition, in the oovoo installed folder, and did wine oovoo.exe... and it gave me a lot of errors etc...so i'll try installing it :D

thanks

ps: my webcam is a xboxlive cam, it will be never recognized in linux will it?

Edited by AleXxiO

So far it seems that noone tried installing it under wine, but it seems unlikely to install properly.

Anyway, first configure your fake windoze drive ( "winecfg" and setting the sound and video prefs) and then try installing it.

You will likely have better luck with vmware, virtualbox or qemu (although if the application uses extensive directx routines it may fail under such environment, as well).

They *might* issue a Linux version of it later this year, but don't take it for granted...

i try installing but didn't go...i'm too much inexpert so i don't know where to go in configs...i'll try with qemu or something :)

ps: i could solve if there were a linux program (available in windows version for my friends) that supports multi video conference, i mean a videoconference with more than 2 guests (skype can't do it , nor ekiga etc)