Network printer hp 2600

c-clone

Friends,

What a relief to have my 2007.1 able to detect network printer hp 2600. During the detection, mandriva did prompt that it cant find the color driver. Then a black n white test page came out of the printer perfectly. Now when I try to print to this printer nothing happens. Why did the test page came out ok but not the document I want to print. Where to start? This is the second last item I need to solve to be independent of windoze.

Open a browser and enter "localhost:631" . This is the CUPS print manager.

Is the printer listed as active?

Is it listed at all?

Can you print a test from there?

I used Konqueror to access "localhost:631". Cool. I'm impressed with this feature. My HP2600 network printer is listed on this page. Did a print test page before realising my network printer's 2month old black toner is out(i guess my 4 other mates print ebooks daily). Anyway got a new toner on friday, redo print test page and i get "usr/lib/cups/backend/samba failed" from http://localhost:631/printers .

After installing hplip package from repos, retry to print test page. In the localhost:631 i got "unable to connect to CIFS host, will retry in 60 seconds...."

More then five minutes now, still waiting....

Almost done with a thousand questions! :lol:

Can you browse the printer by typing in the ip address? If you can, you might try configuring with the ip and port 6100. (I thnk!) http//:what.ever.the.ip:6100