Screen Saver Problem

NavyLT

I don't know what happened, but now when the default Mandriva Slide Show screen saver starts, it does not occupy the entire screen. It appears to be the proper resolution, but is about 30% too low and to the right, like it is off center. I get the rest of my desktop showind in the backround that the screen saver isn't covering. Any ideas? I am using Mandriva Free installed from the 3 cd set on a Toshiba laptop with ATI Radeon 9100 and 1280x800 resolution. If I go into control panel and the screen saver options and use the test button, it works fine, this only occurs when it starts on timeout.

Thanks!

John

[moved from Software by spinynorman]

...but is about 30% too low and to the right, like it is off center. I get the rest of my desktop showind in the backround that the screen saver isn't covering.

I have had the same problem, though not all the time, with other screensavers. I think the screensaver in KDE is very buggy, though it does seem to be worse in Mandriva than in other distros I have used. I would suggest you don't use the slide show screensaver at all. I have had problems when using it that it locks up the PC and reboot is the only solution.