Mandriva and Turbolinux Announce a Partnership

spinynorman

Mandriva, the leading European editor of Linux distributions, and Turbolinux, a leading Linux client and server distributor in Japan and China, signed the agreement about Manbo-Labs last October and have been working together since then. Both companies decided to wait until first internal delivery to issue this announcement.

Manbo-Labs' team is composed of more than ten developers from France, Japan, Brazil and also includes developers from the community. Altogether, they have been working on building a common Linux base system to be released in April 2008. Mandriva Linux 2008 Spring will be based on this system.

The current internal delivery is composed of: gcc; glibc; rpm; kernel; bin-utils; mkinitrd; udev.

As usual, I was unable to find any reference to this on the Mandriva site. The press release is here.

Maybe both of you should look twice? Here it is.

I don't think Mandriva.com had published that piece of news at that time.

Mandriva and Turbolinux announce a partnership and create a joint development lab called Manbo-Labs

Wed, 01/16/2008 - 16:14

I'm guessing that is CET 16:14 (a.k.a. 4:14 pm)

http://blog.mandriva.com/2008/01/18/grokla...and-turbolinux/

should make Mandriva's position clear enough.

btw. on Jan. 16. there was nothing to read on mandriva.com, but at least we needed not to wait for the official anouncement for weeks, it was there on the 17.

Maybe LSB is a bit slow in following technical development ?

In the end LSB mainly standardizes File Hierarchy and which core libraries should be at what place.

So since it seems to be just a followup to LCC, all the "Mandriva-bows-to-Microsoft" Hype by some little kids is "much ado about nothing"

Edited by lavaeolus

Guest angrykeyboarder (Scott)
Oh please stop that. The kids are making enough noise on the club forum.

Stop what? I just reported what I read. I think it's much ado over nothing.