Where can I get 9.1? Forget downloading on my wimpy dialup

Steve Scrimpshire

I cannot seem to find it anywhere...or any MDK release for that matter. Is it not publicly available yet? I've tried Best Buy, ElectronicsBoutique, WalMart and Office Depot. I would also prefer not to order over the internet...it's that paranoia thing.

Thanks...after posting this, I saw that it is not 'in stock' even at MandrakeStore, but can be preordered. The PowerPack DVD looks promising. Having the 8.1 Standard edition and a year and a half experience, I don't think I'll need the mauals and other stuff with the boxed product.

Guest jglen490

Try one of the GPL idstributors such as Edmunds. They deliver fast and will take most any form of payment known to humanity, including via snail mail :D !! They're good and deliver a quality product burned from the download version.

I usually get my copy from www.chguy.net. The first time ordering by cheque, he waits for the cheque then ships. After that, you say the word and he sends out the CDs and waits for payment. He charges $5 per CD. Since I'm impatient, I cough up another $5 for Express Post delivery. Each release ends up costing $20.

Regards....Paul

I've always wondered.......how do they make any money, selling so cheap?

CD-R media is cheap ( 30c/disc as in http://www.bestbuy.com/basket/loadbasket.a...at=516&scat=517 ). Burning an iso on a cd-r disc costs little since cd-burning software is free (on linux). Selling that CD for $3 (packaging, handling and shipping is extra) will make u atleast $2 of profit. I think we should become partners in such a business.