ati catalyst control center [solved]

Guest damianrecomienda

Guest damianrecomienda

first at all, my English is not good.

I'm new with linux, mandriva is my first experience.

I have installed ati drivers on my dell inspiron 6400, ati radeon mobility x1300 and it's working fine., but i can not access to the catalyst control center, when I click the icon it starts loading but it never loads at all.

any suggestions?

thanks,

damianrecomienda.

Edited by damianrecomienda

Guest damianrecomienda

thnks.

sorry, I don't understand what "amdccc iirc" means

and I don't even know how to run the control center from the terminal

I'm really new in linux world.

I have read the new mandriva 2008 includes ati drivers, so... I'll wait till its download's complete

( besides I can use my wireless conexion, I couldn't install that driver, neither -ipw3945- and it's also included )

thnks again

damianrecomienda.

iirc = if i recall correctly http://www.geocities.com/SouthBeach/Lagoon...9/acronyms.html

the konsole is somewhere in the tools section of the "start" menu start it and type amd and try hitting tab a few times, it will try to autocomplete . I don't have an ati setup here and am not to sure about the name of the control center amdccc or something but use tab to autocomplete... then post the output here

To launch a command in a terminal (command-line mode), you have to open a program that provide this feature (terminal); there are a number of such programs. The most used are: konsole, gnome-terminal, xterm, aterm, rxvt, but there are many others.

In such a program, typing for example "mcc" without the quotes will launch the Mandriva Control Center. Sometimes, you don't know the exact name of the command, or its name is long and you don't want to bother; in such a situation, you can type the first letter(s), and a hit on the [TAB] key will auto-complete the command name if possible; you can auto-complete in several steps if the first [TAB] leads to several possible completions.

ffi says that the command is named amdccc, or something like that, so you can for example type:

[a][m][TAB], which will hopefully auto-complete to the wanted command.

While using the command line is not an obligation in modern Linux, it still is very present because it gives more information in case of trouble, and because, unlike old DOS, it is well integrated with the whole environment, and in particular with the GUI (graphical interface): you can launch any graphical tool from the command line. Besides, the Unix/Linux command line is way more powerfull than DOS ever will be, and can accomplish things that no graphical tool will ever do.

Yves.

Guest damianrecomienda

thanks a lot.

here's what i get:

[damian@localhost ~]$ am

amarok amarok_libvisual amixer

amarokapp amarok_proxy.rb amor

amarokcollectionscanner amdcccle amstex

amarok_daapserver.rb amidi amuFormat.sh

[damian@localhost ~]$ amdcccle

amdcccle: error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

[damian@localhost ~]$

Edited by damianrecomienda

Did you install the ATi drivers using the ATi proprietary installer?

It should be easier to install them using the RPM's from the "non-free" repository, as this would also bring+install the missing compatibility library. Anyway, open a root console and:

urpmi libstdc++5

(provided that your URPMI repositories are set- if not do it right now) should resolve that small issue... no need to remove the installed driver and reinstall from RPM (but it should be handy in the future, as you wouldn't have to rebuild the modules when upgrading kernel).

Edited by scarecrow

As scarecrow has noted, you need to install libstdc++5. I suggest that you start with reading this post on Software installation.

Then set up easyurpmi as per the instructions in that thread, so you can install the packages you need.

More instructions can be found on the wiki: Installing_and_removing_software

Guest damianrecomienda

[root@localhost damian]# urpmi libstdc++5

instalando libstdc++5-3.3.6-3mdk.i586.rpm desde //var/ftp/pub/Mandrivalinux/media/main

Preparando... #############################################

1/1: libstdc++5 #############################################

[root@localhost damian]#

now it works !!!!

thanks you all !!!!