Usb cable for cellphone

Rowan

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To update regarding the moving of pictures off of my RAZR V3xx:

I decided against P2kCommander for Windows. This phone hacker software just made me wary.

On the linux side, it appears that moto4lin does not support the V3xx.

I am ashamed to admit this here, but I have given up and installed the motorola phone tools software. :blush: Moving pictures to and from the phone is easy.

Are the photos stored on your phone or on the SDcard ? I wonder why it is not accessed as removable media like any ordinary USB-Stick (at least in Windows it should work this way). I did not need phone tools for accessing the pictures on my phone.

but there is a card-slot ? (just curious, maybe there are different 3xx versions out there), that might be the problem, you can somewhere specify how the phone connects to your computer (modem, storage-medium, if it uses telephone storage or card). Sorry but please don't ask me where to find this in the menu of your phone, I know it's there, but I can't tell you the place exactly and I haven't my 3xx here for looking).

if I recall correctly the phone is normally set to connect as modem-device with the computer, but there is an option that it connects as storage device, if it is set to storage device you can either chose to access the internal phone memory or the slot-mounted card, then you can access it directly with your filemanager (no extra software needed). at least for me it worked this way

if I recall correctly the phone is normally set to connect as modem-device with the computer, but there is an option that it connects as storage device, if it is set to storage device you can either chose to access the internal phone memory or the slot-mounted card, then you can access it directly with your filemanager (no extra software needed). at least for me it worked this way

i'll second this. on saturday i bought a 1 GB microSD card from Sam's Club (for 14 dollars with the adapters for other SD card slots). I changed the setting to storage device, formatted the card and gave it a name. now when i plug it in, it automatically gets mounted. i already have ppt presentations on my cellphone.

i don't know if this will work without the microSD card.

Jon:

In an earlier post, you indicated you have a v3xx. Where is the storage device setting you speak of? I cannot seem to locate it on any of the menus from my AT&T v3xx.

My current status is that I am able to download/upload to my phone from Win2K using the Motorola software. This is adequate for my needs. However, I am curious about the storage device setting you speak of. Recall that I do not have a supplementary card like you do.

Back again. Firstly AussieJohn thanks for the offer of a dvd or 2007 or 2008. If I decided to take you up on your offer I would need to think a little - I want to keep my home directory intact and only work on the os.

My wife just bought me a usb bluetooth with the intention of making life easier - and also more portable. I plugged it in and tried to use my cellphone to find it - it is found but unable to connect. I went into MCC to check that it was detected and it is but it needs configuration. The three sections are: ignore, reset and isoc. I have no idea what parameters to put in these three sections and any advice would be appreciated.

PS the bluetooth unit is from Dick Smith Electronics and states that it will work on any system with kernel 2.4.? and above.

Jon:

In an earlier post, you indicated you have a v3xx. Where is the storage device setting you speak of? I cannot seem to locate it on any of the menus from my AT&T v3xx.

My current status is that I am able to download/upload to my phone from Win2K using the Motorola software. This is adequate for my needs. However, I am curious about the storage device setting you speak of. Recall that I do not have a supplementary card like you do.

If I do

Main Menu->Settings->Connection->USB Settings

the only setting to change is "Default Connection" and it has three options. They are

1. Data Connection

2. Memory Card

3. USB Printing

I just select Memory Card. I hope this helps.

Jon

Thanks for the response Jon.

As I indicated in a previous post, I am content using the Motorola software under Windows on those few occasions when I need to offload pictures.

Most of this offloading involves my wife and her pictures. She is more comfortable using Windows anyway. :rolleyes:

Hey guys

pls look at this:

( no one has try google("p2kcommander linux) ? )

Not completed yet, but under heavy development, and partially usable even if your phone is p2k05 as V3xx.

Read more : whttp://ww.el-co.hu/smf

Edited by s5vi