Can't Log in anymore [solved]

UCDKid

Hello All,

So I have run into a bit of a problem. I was experimenting with the 3D Desktop settings, to see which one i liked best. So I switched from Compiz to Metisse, and I didnt really like it, so I changed back to Compiz. However, after i logged out and logged back in, all that would show is a blank blue screen, or in some cases, a weird black screen with colors, but nothing distinguishable from my desktop. How can I resolve this problem? Hopefully I can resolve this issue without losing any of my data.

Thanks in advance.

PS. I have tried looking at etc/x11/xorg.conf but everything looks ok. I am not sure where the configuration settings for the 3D Desktop might be located.

Happy Holidays.

At your log in screen select for the 'session type' drak3d. When the dialog opens select 'no 3d effects' . Reboot, at the log in screen for your 'session type' change it it to what you normally use and you should be able to log in again.

Thanks! I will try that as soon as I get home. Are there a lot of issues with compiz?

I've not noticed any major problems with compiz-fusion. From time to time my window decorations tend to crash that's all.

Thanks! That worked great. I believe that Compiz is also the reason why my screensaver was not working correctly. My screen saver would only cover about 3/4 of the screen and did not grant much privacy when locking my desktop, as basically everything still showed. I think i can live without the fancy cube :). Thanks again!

(Solved)