Other Linux boards.

Pepse

Besides this site and Justlinux does anybody have links to other similar boards?? I am having a problem with the latest version of CDRtools (2.0) not being recognized by the latest version of XCDroast (0.98 Alpha13) and have posted on this board and Justlinux and haven't received any replies. Just trying some other places to get help.

Later. Pepse.

Well for starters this is the first reply of any sort to my problem. To let you know where I am at with the problem I first installed the latest ver of cdrtools (2.0) as tar.gz. Then I installed 'Roast Alpha13 (from tar.gz) . Then when going to 'Roast in root I get an error of " Invalid cdrecord version 1.11a32 found. Expecting at least 1.11a34. So, I re-installed cdrtools 2.0 and still get the same error. Now when doing the "cdrecord --scanbus " I get "Cdrecord 1.11a32 " and other things pertainging to the scsi bus and where my CDRW is. Before checking out Gentoo I will wait for your reply.

Later. Pepse.

Did you remove all instance of cdrtools 1.3.whatever before to 'make install' in the cdrtool 2.0 directory? Because XCDroast does not seems to find it. I suggest you open rpmdrake and look for cdrtool and remove version 1.11a32. Now recompile cdrtools 2.0 and install it (make install). Btw, why not using rpms? I'm sure you can find an rpm for cdrtools at

www.rpmfind.net or www.rpmseek.com

MOttS

Uh, no, but then I am never sure when some former versions of something has to be removed. Consider that I didn't have to remove the previous version of XCDroast. As for tar.gz verses RPM's?? To me on the 2 help sites I frequent that seems to be 6 of 1 and a half-dozen of the other as far as which is better, easier, blah, blah, blah. Altho in this case in particular I went with the tar.gz for practice. Up to this point in my Linux knowledge (1+ years) I feel that I need more work with tar.gz's. RPM's and SRC.RPM's are fairly simple and straight forward. I will do what is needed and post the reply later. I gotta deal with some pre-Bunny things before it's too late.

Later. Pepse.

OK, I went to RPMdrake and did a search for cdrtool (s) and the result is nothing. So, I went to Kpackage and it states, when clicking un-install cdrecord "error: removing these packages would break dependencies " for the 4 cd burning packages that are in MDK 9.0. After it shows what it would break the dependencies of I get a line of: "result-1" . And of course if I click un-install again I get the same error screen.

Later. Pepse.