RPM repository mandriva.99k.org

mapi

There are some RPM for i686 2008.0 not released in main, contrib, non-free, plf-free and plf-nonfree
I must be missing something - where are the rpms? If they're not in any of those repositories then where are they - are you supposed to configure urpmi to use an additional repository at 99k.org? This isn't made clear in the FAQ.

Also you may want to re-word the following instruction in the "wanted rpms" thread:

Please don't remember to write:

Site link

Source file link

;)

Each forum has a Configure Repository announcement, for example here. :)
Doh, sorry my mistake, I must have missed those somehow...

Nice that the example urls are based in Switzerland too, handy for me!

Hi mapi, I'm in Switzerland too but in Zurigo not Ticino :D

I'd be interested to know what kind of security measures are in place on that 99k.org server to make sure that rogue code isn't uploaded there. I don't mean to sound paranoid but any rpms on that server are going to get installed with root permissions so could potentially open up all sorts of issues. Are the packages signed or something to verify the contents?

Hallo!

@neddie

Ooops! Remember ---> forget, now it's OK!

Are the packages signed or something to verify the contents?

They aren't signed, but, if they are damaged rpm doesn't install them.

You can see the rpm inside with krusader and after installation with

rpm -ql rpm_name

Bye and... MfG!

You would appear to be violating the GPL, for all packages that are licensed under it, by distributing binaries without distributing the source or providing a clear written offer to distribute the source.

You should rectify this as soon as possible. Easiest way is simply to add a SRPMS repository.

In general, we'd like to have all packaging work for Mandriva in the official repositories - it creates less trouble than having third party repositories. If you send me the .src.rpms for new packages you've created or ones you've updated compared to the official repositories, I can check them out and upload them to the official /backports repositories. If your packaging skills seem to be fine, we could probably give you a contributor account so you could work directly in the official repositories.

Thanks for the work :)