problem with pulse audio

sermat

Hi: I just installed 2008.0. I also installed mplayer/mplayerplug-in. Now, when I go to pgatour.com and try to play a video, it plays fine the first time. But, it fails to play the second time. The only cure is to "# killall pulseaudio", and then it plays the video again. Anyone can comment on this.

NOTE: earlier versions of Mandriva never had this problem.

Many thanks,

serge.

[moved from Software by spinynorman]

PulseAudio looks very promising, but it (still) has some issues even in stable releases (like the latest Fedora Core). I do like the idea of having Pulse in Mandriva, but IMHO you shouldn't expect everything working in Cooker, especially if something (like Pulse here) is just recently introduced.

what does pulse audio have that amarok fdoesnt>?

Excluding the insignificant fact the former being an audio server, and the latter a media client, they are identical... :P

Off the record: I love Amarok, but it has two big cons: 1. tagging only via the unreliable MusicBrainz, and 2 (a big stopper for me) being unable to utilize jack-audio-server as backend.