Compiz Fusion

Antkeane

Compiz Fusion

Hi there

Another Linux Newbee here.

Can anyone let me know how I install Compiz Fusion and get it to work?

Can I install it through the package manager or do I need to download a tarball from the compiz website?

When I get it installed is it difficult to get up and running? Is it difficult to add additional plugins etc.

If anybody could help or could guide me towards a good how to it would be great.

Many thanks

Hi Antkeane, have you tried enabling Compiz Fusion through the 3D section of the Mandriva Control Centre (MCC)? This should install the correct packages for you, and tell you if your hardware won't support it. You can always switch back via the same process if need be.

Hi there

Yes, I switched that on but nothing happened. So last evening I installed xgl server through the package installer and boom, can't see anything now! Just see loads of lines on the screen. Have no idea how to turn it off now as I can't see the screen. I think my video card may not have been compatible. Any suggestions?

I am thinking, if I purchase the powerpack DVD and do a complete fresh install will it have all the relevant drivers built in? The 3D stuff worked fine when I used the One Live CD, but nothing seems to work since I installed the 2008.0 Free DVD.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

• 1 month later...