DSPAM and Quarantine

Is anyone using dspam out there? Did you manage to get it quarantining emails?

Currently, I'm using dspam linked with amavisd-new. All emails get processed by amavisd-new, but it passes them to dspam. I have a nice history of logging, where I can mark emails as spam or retrain if they are incorrectly identified, but I've not got anything appearing in the quarantine.

Amavisd-new is doing the quarantining, and storing them in a directory, which means I'd have to manually check there to get it back again.

If you're using dspam, how did you get it to quarantine? I'd be interested to know :)

Haven't used dspam, but have been looking at using "ask" lately, a little program that holds your mail until the user confirms they are not spamming. Basically this stops most spam getting through. Haven't honestly taken the time to look into how to set it up yet... what's dspam and do you recommend it?

More info on dspam:

http://dspam.nuclearelephant.com/

currently, I've implemented with amavisd-new. Most of my filtering is done with this, but I wanted to look at using dspam as it would be better if the quarantine could be managed from the web interface. This was my main reason for looking into it.

let amavis do the quarintine'ing :)

spam_quarantine = spam_quarantine\@domain.com

then I have 2 email account

spam_learn@domain and ham_learn@domain

I'm using cyrus, so I give everybody access to the spam_quarantine so they can forward emails to ham_learn themselves.

I had it slightly differently in my amavisd config:

spam_quarantine_to = 'quarantine\@$mydomain';

so I've got this bit set now. Now, all I need to figure out is how to get the spam and ham email addresses recognised with dspam.

EEK, that didn't work. Things weren't quarantining after this. Changed:

$QUARANTINEDIR = "quarantine\@$mydomain";

and will now see if this works instead. This apparently can be done. I tried using spam_quarantine = but this didn't work, said it was invalid in my config. Hmm, well, shall see in the next few hours I reckon.

Yah, quarantine working now to mailbox. Seems the double-quotes were required and not single how I had originally. :thumbs:

Now, I gotta figure out how the system will work with the spam-amavis@mydomain.com address for learning anything I send there.