Help! Completely lost display even under 2.6.17-13

pelusa

Hi,

please help, I installed 2007.1 and everything is fine. Then I wanted to add 3d desktop effects, and after a reboot i completely lost my graphical interface. I installed dkms-ati (I am using the ATI radeon X1950 card), installed ati and the kernel source, right now still 2.6.17-13. I also tried to follow the errata 9.1 on 2007.1, but even if I boot into 2.6.17-13 I have the display is so bad i cannot read anything. i therefore cannot go into the control center to reconfigure the graphics card. Before this happened, after I played with the 3D desktop interface, I lost the panels of my windows ...

I found in this thread the help:

https://mandrivausers.org/index.php?showtopic=40799

After that (at least I think it was after that .... uninstalling task-3ddesktop via urpme did not help) I completely lost the graphical interface not just the panels. Booting in safe mode I can see in /etc/X11/xorg.conf that fglrx is the driver that is installed. Trying to change that to vesa did not help either./ Please don't tell me I have to reinstall everything again. Is there a way to configure the graphics card vis the command line?

AAAhhhhhhhh

Thomas :sad:

Thank you so much! i see something. I unchecked "enable translucency (composite extension)" and finally I have my display back.

The only thing right now is that in System->Administration->Ati Control Panel, it sais that driver does not provide the FireGL X11 extensions ....

Oh well i will google for this issue further.

thanks

Thomas