My Business Website

ianw1974

/start shameless website plug.

I decided to create myself a business website, to see if I can attempt to generate something. Originally I had created Linux Solutions as my Linux website, but decided to keep this as more a personal than business website.

So my business website is Linux Systems Limited.

Currently, quite a small site, but would be interested in knowing what you think of it so far. It's running on joomla (like Linux Solutions is), and chosen a different template for this one. I might decide, if the business takes off, to get a more professional template, that doesn't have all the links pointing back to who designed the template, but we shall see.

Interested to hear your feedback!

/end shameless website plug. :)

I liked the Linux Solutions site, even added it to my favorites.

Regarding the Linux systems - I would add to the intro page some more information for the potential customer. Are you international? Do you give service worldwide, or in a certain continent/region/nation? Who are your potential customers - organizations, private users, do you support PC's, servers, both, etc. And I would skip the resolution remark, or at least put it in another place (bottom of the page), and smaller font. It's not what you want the customer to focus on.

The theme looks great to me - it's very pleasant, and the structure of the site looks quite logical at a first glance. If I think of anything else, I'll let you know.

Good luck!

I have the company stuff in there, check the Legal page ;)

I've tried to make the contacts better, but I think a lot of it is to do with the template. I might have to try some others to make it better.

Thanks for the feedback, I can make some mods to make it look a lot better, and add the extra content you mentioned yossarian.

Another remark I thought about on my way home: since this is a business site, IMHO the marketing part is not emphasized enough, and it should be more aggressive. Why should the customer buy the service from you? What is the added value you provide relative to your competitors? Are you quicker, better, cheaper? Do you give service 24/7? Are you more experienced than the others? You get what I mean.

Those are just ideas, if I'm not helping just give me the sign and I'll shut up. :mellow:

Edited by yossarian

About Us: You are platform independent. :)

I think you have too many contacts on your contacts page... :P

Contact Us - Contacts

Please contact us using one of the following contacts below.

There are two types of methods to contact us. A Phone numbers is are listed below, or if you prefer, a form can be completed to send an email to us, by selecting the appropriate department. We will reply to your email as soon as possible.

Really appreciate all the comments.

I've given the contacts a thought, and dropped them to just one :P

I'll have to think about the marketing aspect and see what I can write up and add there.

EDIT: added some extra stuff to the main and services pages to help the marketing side a bit. I'm sure I still need to write more, need a bit more time to think perhaps.

Looking good ian, just a couple of points. First off, really professional, I'm impressed. I like the format of your page, and seems there has been some thought that's gone into making it readable and simple.

I think the 'about us' page and the 'services' need to be clearer. In the first place, you don't tell us enough about your company. Who are you, what have you done, who you've worked for, etc. Most importantly, this page should include credentials. This can be you saying who you've worked for, what you've done for them, or ideally, testimonials from customers who've loved your business. While a totally different industry, I found that as soon as I started including testimonials from happy customers my business skyrocketed. Suddenly we looked professional, and that there were many people who used our services. I think this carries across. While you say what you've done in the past in your 'about us' page, it is very general. Can you be more specific, and include projects, and names, that you've worked on?

Secondly, your services page has less information than 'about us'. This page should be your hook. This is where people see what you offer and say 'wow! I want that!' You could afford to make it bigger, and go more in depth about what you offer. I would consider having links on this page to each of the services you offer, elaborating on them, and wihtin those links directing them back to your 'about us' page with lots of info from happy customers.

Final point is your contacts page. Most companies I know of which use forms don't display their emails on the page, for the simple reason the forms are there so they don't get spam. I'm not personally worried about this for my site. Is this an issue for yours? The form looks good, but is there a reason you don't simply have your email address? The form looks professional, but is it necessary?

Anyway, hope some of this helps. If not just, ignore it. Cheers.

Spelling mistake amended, thanks spiny (sorry I missed it the first time).

And for the rest, I'm gonna think of what I can write. I'll get some testimonials up there also. I have been waiting for one from a guy who I did some work for. Sadly, it hasn't appeared and I don't want to hassle him for it. But I have one at least and I'm sure I can get more. Also, some of the stuff is things I've done and implemented when I've worked for other companies.

Thanks for all the comments thus far, I'll update here shortly, when I've put more in play, and see how we're going direction wise with the site.

As Mitchell suggested, put some more information on there. Currently this is mostly in summary form, so that you get a feel of what you can get. Then I mentioned to contact us for further information on the solution itself - I feel this is a good way to do it, without listing all sorts of information that might be too much for some people as they are just needing to get a feel of features available.

Interested in what you think and if there's anything you think I might need to change or add, do let me know. It will hopefully help me get my business off the ground :)

Testimonials I will add shortly.