Import email from Thunderbird in XP to TB in Linux

Peter Snow

Hi,

I'm trying to import my emails from my Thunderbird in Windows to my Thunderbird in Linux. Unfortunately when in Linux TB and I select the import option, the only option is from Communicator 4.x.

There doesn't appear to be any opportunity to browse for a mail folder or to choose another program. I checked all the addons and I can't find an addon that can help me either, so I'm at a bit of a loss.

Has anyone done this before?

Thanks

Peter

Hi,

If I remember it right you can't import the mails through Thunderbirds import function, but you can copy them from Windows to Linux.

You'll have to find these paths

Windows: c:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Application Data\Thunderbird\Profiles\mll39647.default_this_will_ proberly_be different\Mail\Local Folders

Linux /home/USERNAME/.thunderbird/66ea86m6.default_this_will_ proberly_be different/Mail/Local Folders-1

I can't remember if you have to set up a mailaccount on the Linux part before you can do this.

I can't remember if you have to set up a mailaccount on the Linux part before you can do this.

I think you need to do that first. And then copy the file from windows into the appropriate folder. Otherwise you wouldn't have "the appropriate folder" to start with. :P Me thinks.

I think you need to do that first. And then copy the file from windows into the appropriate folder. Otherwise you wouldn't have "the appropriate folder" to start with. :P Me thinks.

I think that you are right about this, it's a long time ago that I have used Thunderbird.

The only reason that I could come with this solution, is that I had it in my notes ;)