Virtualbox

Lando

I'm a bit unclear here. Are you running Windows XP, and wanting to get Virtualbox running under it, or are you running Mandriva/Linux and wanting to get Virtualbox running under this? Also, what Iso image are you referring to? If you mena the virtualbox additions module, then yes, that's an iso, and located in different places depending on which operating system you're using. Also, if you are running Mandriva, which version (2007.1, 2008.0, etc) and which kernel are you using? We need more information.

Sorry...

Virtualbox run under linux, and winXP in a virtual machine . The virtual machine configuration need a WinXP iso image . Actually my XP is in its " C" partition (or disk...) .

I don't believe you can do that. I think you can only put your XP cd in the drive and do a fresh install under virtualbox. I assume from what you have said that you have both Linux and XP installed and you are doing a duel boot but want to use your current XP install under Virtualbox. Is that correct?

Sorry...

Virtualbox run under linux, and winXP in a virtual machine . The virtual machine configuration need a WinXP iso image . Actually my XP is in its " C" partition (or disk...) .

Yeah, I'm really confused here as well. The best way to get help in these forums is to give as much detail as possible, it's really difficult to offer advice if we don't know what's actually going on... too many unanswered questions from me. A good rule of thumb is to start every post with the operating system you are running on your computer (or systems), Version number or name (XP, Mandriva 2007.1, Mandriva 2008.0, etc.), and sometimes the kernel you are using. I've recently updated my kernel in Mandriva, and found some issues with configuring Virtualbox, thus my earlier question. As pointed out by ixoye777 in the past post, my understanding is also that you need the installation disc for Windows XP to install it under virtualbox. Any other operating system will need an installation disc.. The only iso image you should need under virtualbox is for the add on modules, which add more features. Depending on your installation with virtualbox, this comes included.

Please write more if you need help still, but try and be clear as to what you are actually doing. The more info the better. Cheers.