VPN Cisco on Mandriva 2008.0 (One) [solved]

Guest seb-beaulieu

Guest seb-beaulieu

Hello,

I've just installed Mandriva 2008.0 (One) on my laptop and I am trying to configure my school's VPN service which is provided by cisco. I've look into the other posts but the thing is that I don't find anything about /usr/src/linux-* on my system... I can't find the source codes

here is the content of the /usr/src directory

fglrx-8.40.4-7mdv2008.0

fglrx-hd2000-8.41.7-3mdv2008.0

hcfpcimodem-1.13

hsfmodem-7.60.00.09

madwifi-0.9.3.2-3mdv2008.0

nvidia71xx-1.0-7185.5mdv2008.0

nvidia96xx-1.0-9639.4mdv2008.0

nvidia-current-100.14.19-1mdv2008.0

rpm

slmodem-2.9.11-0.20070813.2mdv2008.0

unicorn-0.9.3

vboxadd-1.5.0-6mdv2008.0

vboxvfs-1.5.0-6mdv2008.0

so, I am confused and when i go to the /lib/modules/2.6.22.9-desktop586-1mdv directory, I don't find any build or source files/docs, but only in the media:/hda3/lib/modules/2.6.18-xen directory but both the source and build links lead to unexisting files...

An error occurred while loading /lib/modules/2.6.18-xen/build:

The file or folder /lib/modules/2.6.18-xen/build does not exist.

Alright, I don't really know what to do and I don't have that big of a background on linux to

Thanks

Not having /usr/src/linux means you don't have kernel-source installed.

But, unless I miss something big, you don't need kernel sources to configure a VPN... this can be done manually, using webmin or within Mandriva Control Center- whatever you prefer.

In your /usr/src directory you have files for ATi and Nvidia cards (unless you have both these on the machine, which is bit unlikely, I can't understand what you were doing...), Xen and VirtualBox binaries (again I don't think you need both- VirtualBox suffices for most emulation tasks) and several different modem binaries, which are pretty irrelevant to the issue.

Which "other posts" you're referring to?

Edited by scarecrow

Guest seb-beaulieu

I am refering to the topic

Cisco VPN Connection Problem [solved]

I tried to configure the VPN with the Mandriva linux control center but I don't have enough information about the server that i am trying to reach, and the school's website ask me to download an installer, where it requires the kernel source.

I'll try to find a way to install this source with the software management in the control center, maybe its there.

Guest seb-beaulieu

I've not achieve in installing the source, but i managed to install Kvpnc from Mandriva Config center and connect to the network, so this issue is solved now. No need to install the Cisco program