XmmS

strunal

in kde right click file, select app to open with and check "Remember application....."

thanks, just like in ms windows.

And xmms may be the "glorious past", but IMO it shouldn't be used in a modern system...

Audacious has all the xmms functionality, plus many more, and it's much prettier, and not heavier on resources.

i'll take a look in to this Audacious, the only reason i like Xmms is because of a skin to match my window style and theme

http://www.kde-look.org/CONTENT/content-pre2/67013-2.jpg

When you simply want an application to play your MP3s and Ogg without a lot of unnecessary attached bells and whistles then XMMS is perfect for the job.

I constantly use XMMS and even though I have tried other apps with their fancy layouts etc I still settle back to xmms.

Age of an app has NOTHING to do with whether it will suit your needs.

If you want a do everything apps including putting on the kettle for a cuppa then use one of them.

XMMS for me. Cheers. John.

I thought I would take a look at Audacious. Installed it and frankly apart from the preferences set up gui which does look good, when you look at the skinned mode of xmms and Audacious side by side you will be hard put to the difference. Remember when you have setup preferences you don't see that gui any more when you use Audacious. And no, there is nothing wrong with my eyesight. With Audacious you CANNOT select random skins as you can do in XMMS. I was so underwhelmed that I deleted Audacious and will continue with XMMS.

You can as users, choose Audacious and that surely is your choice but to say it is even a little superior to XMMS is really stretching it a bit I think. :D

Cheers. John.

Edited by AussieJohn