Guest Alireza

Guest Alireza

I have a HP500 notebook but Mandriva 2007 OS, can't detect :

Touchscreen

AC'97 modem

Wireless Network adapter

and I can't set the power option for my device like:

Close LID (Mandriva go shut down)

When the buttery is very low or going empty it's turn of (without doing shutting down!!!!)

Plese help me :wall:

is acpi working ? you can check this by looking if you have a directory named /proc/acpi.

for your modem: it propably is a softmodem (most notebook-modems are of this type), which needs a driver, you should find out what the exact type of your modem is (manufacturer would help), maybe there is a driver for it (not all softmodems do have linux drivers, the situation is nat as bad as it was 2 or 3 years ago, but it is still far from perfect)

what type is your wireless card ?

did you mean touchscreen or touchpad ?

if it's the touchpad it might be synaptics, which should work, maybe you have to install the driver, it is called synaptics

without further information about your hardware specs it is somewhat difficult to help.

ok searched a bit:

your modem seems to be a conexant, there should be a driver for it, I am not sure but it should be hcfpcimodem or something like this

WLAN seems to be Intel PRO/Wireless 2200BG, there should be a driver too, search for ipw2200, maybe you can try ndiswrapper instead

one note: I checked the drivers for Mandriva 2008, therefore I am not entirely sure if they are all there for Mandriva 2007