Firefox 2.0.0.9 is out

dexter11

It will be in the official updates once it passed the usual QA process.

That process must be very slow. Mandriva 2008.0 has Firefox 2.0.0.6, 2.0.0.9 is out now. 3 versions of difference, waiting for approval. i bleieve that QA process is no justification for this delay in firefox updates in Mandriva repositories...

That process must be very slow. Mandriva 2008.0 has Firefox 2.0.0.6, 2.0.0.9 is out now. 3 versions of difference, waiting for approval. i bleieve that QA process is no justification for this delay in firefox updates in Mandriva repositories...

What are you talking about. I've had 2.0.0.8 for quite some time now... These are the two latest items in the changelog.

* Sat Oct 20 2007 Marcelo Ricardo Leitner <mrl@mandriva.com> 2.0.0.8-1mdv2008.1
	   + Revision: 100400
	   - Protect enable-svg-renderer and enable-reorder flags to be used only on
		 cooker builds.
	   - Removed patch pangocairo-noxft: fixed in upstream.
	   - New upstream: 2.0.0.8
	   - Rediffed startupnotification patch.
	   - Removed patches already applied: fixgtk212 and g_thread_init.

* Fri Oct 19 2007 Tomasz Pawel Gajc <tpg@mandriva.org> 1mdv2008.1-current
	   + Revision: 99811
	   - new version 2.0.0.7
	   - use cairo for svg rendering
	   - enable anti-phishing support
	   - compile with pthreads
	   - remove dead configure options

That's weird, then.

My girlfriend installed Mandriva 2008.0, with official repositories, and the last version there is 2.0.0.6... What's the repository for your firefox 2.0.0.8 ?

Thanks for the answers.

EDIT: I found out what's wrong. The official repositories she was using are portuguese mirrors, which aren't as updated as other mirrors, as I found out. I changed it to French ones, rpmfind.net, and it updated Firefox to 2.0.0.8 and other programs also.

I'll try other repositories, because rpmfind.net sometimes is full of users and it can't work correctly, but at least I found and solved the problem.

Thanks for your help. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Edited by HolyMurderer

That's weird, then.

My girlfriend installed Mandriva 2008.0, with official repositories, and the last version there is 2.0.0.6... What's the repository for your firefox 2.0.0.8 ?

Thanks for the answers.

It's weird seeing people complaining about stuff that is in the regular updates repo since quite a few days ago... :P

That is for Firefox 2.0.0.8 - version 2.0.0.9 is not there -yet.

If your girlfriend (or you) have no idea how to enable the update repository, then either ask, or check the "easyurpmi" link on top of this page.

It's weird seeing people complaining about stuff that is in the regular updates repo since quite a few days ago... :P

That is for Firefox 2.0.0.8 - version 2.0.0.9 is not there -yet.

If your girlfriend (or you) have no idea how to enable the update repository, then either ask, or check the "easyurpmi" link on top of this page.

Fortunately I do, because I use Linux in 9 years ;) It was only a repository problem. I forgot to try another repositories first. I also added easyurpmi repositories and official, but the officials I used weren't the best.

Sorry again.

Sorry again.

No prob' & nothing to be sorry about! ;)

It's just a bit weird that the files were not updated to your sources as this has been out there for two weeks or so. There really is a big difference which sources one uses.