Show off your desktop November, 2007

Greg2

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The avant-window-navigator package requires compiz. At least I found this on Gentoo, but can't get compiz working yet. I think I have some weird xorg.conf problem. As for the desklets tyme has I'm presuming this is part of avant-window-navigator.

the screenlets...are screenlets (not gdesklets)... ;)

they play very nicely with compiz's "dashboard" feature (works like the dashboard in OSX)

phunni: you're actually supposed to be under "Linux", but somehow you got moved...don't feel so special :P

don't know...did you try removing just one of them? do they both disappear if you remove one? i had one screenlet do the same thing, and i just removed it and re-added it and it was fine. right click on the screenlet and there should be an option to delete it. i think it might just be a bug.

tyme; I've got the screenlets running but everytime I start them I have 2 clocks that start up. How do I stop that from happening?

Thanks

I think it is a bug - I had the same thing happen with the clock. The only difference was that I had four of them. Haven't tried deleting it and re-installing it, but it sounds like it may work.

do they both disappear if you remove one?

Yes, in my case they all disappered when trying to remove just one.

Edited by dude67

I decided to make a new desktop for myself. It's amazing what you can do with the gimp tuts out there.

http://fc02.deviantart.com/fs24/f/2007/326...t_by_Dude67.png

There's also a variation in blue and I've also made versions for widescreens (1600x1200). (The wide versions are for A.I. ;) ) They are here if you would like to DL them: feel free. B)

http://dude67.deviantart.com/gallery/#_bro.../wallpaper/misc

It may take some time to download the files as they are quite large...

-edit- Had to change the link to the deviantart page.

Edited by dude67