My experience upgrading from 2007.1 to 2008

Praxis

I know I should really file a few bug reports, but its late and my dog wants his walk and I'm not registered at the Bugzilla site so I'll just fling a post here for the time being and if other folks have had my issues, maybe I'll try to cobble together a bug report later. (I know, I'm a whiny, useless bitch, you don't have to rub it in.)

I realize that with most distros it really is probably faster and easier to just format an old install and start over than upgrade an existing system, but I live in hope that the process will become smoother (as it has a little over time). This computer started out as a Mandriva 2006 box and morphed in to 2007.1 (I think I skipped 2007 on this install, I did do it on another Spring 2007 machine I have). I had a pretty fair share of issues on those upgrades but mostly sorted it out in the end. There is a big enough community of Mandriva users, I figure the same will happen with 2008 if I'm persistent. Onwards...

I read the release notes and booted to the 2008 DVD and chose to install, and got as far as Partitioning and chose to update an existing install. Then I got a blue screen and a big white bar and no obvious indication that anything good was happening. But I used Ctrl+Alt+F3 to go to another TTY and ran the 'top' command and it looked like something was going on, that it actually was installing, so I switched to another computer and checked back in periodically. At some point when I used Ctrl+Alt+F1 to check the initial TTY I saw the presumably standard Progress bar with an estimate of how long the install would take. I have a lot of junk on my system, so it took hours, I certainly don't hold that against Mandriva. But a relative newbie might have given up at that point.

The installer finished and gave me some configuration options, I looked over my services and tried to play around with the X server (it didn't work, gave me some error, when I tried to test my screen resolution, but I'd backed up my xorg.conf and wasn't too worried). I encouraged the installer to put grub on the /dev/hda MBR and rebooted. I saw a flashy new grub screen with an entry for Mandriva 2008 and figured all was gravy. So I tried to boot to it and it seemed to hang at some 'sensord' message and didn't progress for a few minutes, so I rebooted and got to the same location. I went back to my other computer for a while and when I got back I had INIT 3 login prompt, so I logged in as root, which wasn't easy, since messages kept appearing in the terminal periodically, disrupting what I was doing. I looked over DMESG and saw some failures, stuff about how UDEV wasn't supported by my kernel, so I did a 'uname -r' and realized that I was booting with a kernel I believe from 2006, here is what the boot stanza looked like:

title linux

kernel (hd0,5)/boot/vmlinuz-i686-up-4GB BOOT_IMAGE=linux root=/dev/hda6 resume=/dev/hda5 splash=silent

initrd (hd0,5)/boot/initrd-i686-up-4GB.img

Oy, the grub boot screen had showed that paragraph as belonging to 2008. There was no 2.6.22 verbiage anywhere in the menu.lst. (You'd think the installer would have at least used my 2.6.17 kernel from 2007.) So I used looked at what was in the /boot directory and used 'vi' to re-edit the stanza so it looked like this:

title linux

kernel (hd0,5)/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.22.9-desktop-1mdv BOOT_IMAGE=linux root=/dev/hda6 resume=/dev/hda5 splash=silent

initrd (hd0,5)/boot/initrd-2.6.22.9-desktop-1mdv.img

Then I rebooted and got the KDM and booted in to KDE. That would have been a show-stopper for a less experienced upgrader, not a goodness at all.

When I got to KDE most things seemed OK. Xinerama (dual monitors) was working, my chosen wallpaper was replaced by No Picture, but no big deal, the wallpapers I'd put in /usr/share/wallpaper were still there. I noticed that Single clicking chose a file in Konqueror file manager (which I hate, but I know how to fix it in kcontrol, probably a KDE thing not a Mandriva bug). The menus seemed reorganized and I didn't much care for them, but I normally use shortcuts on my panel or the command line for things I use often.

One annoyance that would be a real problem for a new user was that the GUI configuration utilities were inaccessible to a regular user. Going to Kmenu-Tools-System Tools-Configure Your Computer spits up a dialogue box with a red circle that says "Unknown error". "drakconf" or "mcc" at the user command line had the same result. "kdesu mcc" would give me a password dialogue box but would not produce the Mandriva Control Center (but no error message, either). Luckily, I could still call it up from a root KONSOLE (actually, I don't use it much, since GUI utilities often seem more trouble than they are worth in Linux and I've gotten used to using the command line for a lot of stuff).

One slight weirdness was that the installer had changed the verbiage in my automatically mounted server Samba share in my /etc/fstab from the preferred "file_mode=0777" to the older smbfs wording "fmask=777", though when I manually unmounted the share and remounted the share the terminal would complain that fmask and dmask were deprecated and that I should use file_mode and dir_mode (which I did, Dog Bless VI).

Still, something is a little funky with my shares, it seems like I can write to my shares when I am only two levels deep, but as soon as I get three directories in to a share I loose permission to write as a normal user, very annoying. If I create the directories myself I can write deeper than 2 levels, though I haven't tested that after a reboot or anything. UPDATE: However, I found if I changed the mount point from /home/user/mount_point to /mnt/mount_point I could write at least 4 levels deep (which is as far as I tested it). So I guess I can fix this, though all my Konqueror book marks are written for my current set up and I'd have to re-edit them. Anyway, this isn't a problem I've had with any other distro (and I've used many of 'em).

What else? Oh, the programs in the standard respository don't seem that up to date, considering how recent 2008 is. Seamonkey, for instance, was at 1.1.1, even though it the official realease was at 1.1.4 when the distro was released (and 1.1.5 now). Once I went through EasyURPMI and added the main-updates repository I was able to upgrade to 1.1.4. You'd think things like that got upgraded more quickly because of security concerns (Seamonkey and Firefox both got a new release last week because of newly discovered vulnerability).

One last weirdness I've noted to date, though 2008 uses Compiz-Fusion, I noticed that the Beryl-Manager was installed. I doubt that I installed it since I have an unsupported 3D Rage Pro 215GP card along with my Radeon R100 QD [Radeon 7200] card in Xinerama, but maybe it is left over from my upgrade to 2007.1. Seems like it should have been automatically removed, though.

I really like Mandriva when it gets dialed in, very solid, pretty and nice. I would like to install it on other people's machines (as I have in the past), but Mandriva is only supported for about 18 months and upgrades are 10% less than fun. Something always seems to be broken, and in this case, even the installer didn't do a great job.

[moved from Software by spinynorman]

thanks for the report...

the problem with the kernel is because your grub config is using the 'really old' kernel naming scheme, the one from 2005 or 2006 (I forget which) - not just the 'old' kernel naming scheme (the one from 2007). the 2008 upgrader can, I think, handle migrating from the 2007 naming scheme, but not the 2005 / 2006 one...

for the problem launching drakconf , check /etc/pam.d for files with a .rpmnew extension. If there are any, copy them over the originals (so foobar.rpmnew becomes foobar). In fact, it would be a good idea to use locate to check the entire filesystem for .rpmnew files, and merge them into the originals as appropriate (for the pam.d files it's okay to just blindly copy the .rpmnew over the originals, but for others, you'd want to check if there are any changes you need to preserve). this may well resolve various miscellaneous weirdnesses.

Seamonkey you probably still had the 2007.1 package. It's not on the discs (it's a contrib package). So it wouldn't get updated till you added the 2008 repos. In fact, now you've added the 2008 repos, you should probably do an urpmi --auto-select -v to make sure any remaining packages from 2007.1 are upgraded. Anything you had installed that wasn't on the 2008 CD / DVD you used for the upgrade, won't be upgraded till you do this. Probably the same issue with beryl-manager.

for the problem launching drakconf , check /etc/pam.d for files with a .rpmnew extension. If there are any, copy them over the originals (so foobar.rpmnew becomes foobar).

Thanks for the hint, copying the 3 rpmnew files in /etc/pam.d over the originals did indeed clear up that problem.

In fact, it would be a good idea to use locate to check the entire filesystem for .rpmnew files, and merge them into the originals as appropriate (for the pam.d files it's okay to just blindly copy the .rpmnew over the originals, but for others, you'd want to check if there are any changes you need to preserve). this may well resolve various miscellaneous weirdnesses.

I did an updatedb to use 'locate' and realized that by default Mandriva doesn't index vfat file systems or permanent network mounts, oh well, not too hard to edit /etc/updatedb.conf, but seems like most other distros tend to index a little more. I got to practice my CLI-fu figuring out how to back up the new and old files to my root's directory, stuff like:

find /etc -name *.rpmnew | sed 's/^/"/;s/$/"/' | xargs -i cp {} /root/rpmnew

I'd never (consciously) used XARGS before to pipe things around, very handy. I looked around and saved my old files that I'd modified like hosts, fstab, etc. I didn't know what to do with the binary /etc/localtime file, since I couldn't look at it, but I copied the new version over anyway, figuring I could straighten it out later if there was a problem. I edited the smb.conf to incorporate some my old settings, figuring some of the new verbiage might help. Some files didn't want to let me copy them over, they were probably system logs in use:

# /etc/sysconfig/system.rpmnew /etc/sysconfig/system

bash: /etc/sysconfig/system.rpmnew: Permission denied

All and all a pretty tedious process that would flummox a newcomer (not that I'm an expert, Lord no!), but I can see why it would be necessary. Maybe a mention of the process would have been appropriate in the Release Notes. Gosh, some sort of GUI that allowed me to look at both files and copy the modified new ones afterwards would have been helpful. apt-get has a leg up in this respect, it tells you when you are modifying a file and lets you compare your file to the original. Showing you the files side by side and letting you edit them at the time would be nice, & then and then automatically install the newer files when you are satisfied. Also it would be nice to have the ability to automatically back up all your old config files to a central place in case you need to look at them later.

Seamonkey you probably still had the 2007.1 package. It's not on the discs (it's a contrib package). So it wouldn't get updated till you added the 2008 repos. In fact, now you've added the 2008 repos, you should probably do an urpmi --auto-select -v to make sure any remaining packages from 2007.1 are upgraded. Anything you had installed that wasn't on the 2008 CD / DVD you used for the upgrade, won't be upgraded till you do this. Probably the same issue with beryl-manager.

You were quite right about beryl-manager being removed when I ran my first "urpmi --auto-select" (which I was in the process of doing as I composed my post last night). But other packages still seem a little creaky even with the standard updates repository enabled. For instance, I am using Firefox 2.0.0.6, the current version is 2.0.0.8. 2.0.0.6 was released on July 30th, 2007 and replaced by the security fix 2.0.0.7 on September 18th. Mandriva 2008 was released about October 9th. Seems like 20 days would be enough time to include a security fix and it has been over a month and it still isn't in the updates repository. I guess I can install the backports repository, but in my experience that moves me a little too close to Cooker and sometimes I've ended up with a hybrid system and had to make a forced, buggy upgrade, so I resist backports.

Wow those are some amazing posts. You write very well, Praxis. I am a complete noob with Linux and I attempted to update to firefox 2.0.0.8, but because of the protection on the directory where the program is stored, the automatic update failed. Luckily the release notes that were on the firefox update page were enough to teach me how to do it from the terminal console. Then I came here to find out how to get around the protection on the directory. I hope I'll understand all this as well as you seem to one day.

Firefox 2.0.0.7 had no relevance to Linux. It fixed a bug that only mattered to Windows. We therefore didn't ship it as a security update, and didn't break the 2008 version freeze to include it.

2.0.0.8 does have relevance for Linux, and it was released as an official update for 2008 and 2007.1 yesterday.

"Some files didn't want to let me copy them over, they were probably system logs in use:"

actually, no, you just made a mistake with the command:

you're trying to *run* /etc/sysconfig/system.rpmnew . You left out the 'cp'. :)

I believe rpmdrake actually has an interface for merging rpmnew files when you do updates via rpmdrake, but yes, perhaps it could be added to the installer too...

[quote name='adamw' post='331803' date='Oct 24 2007, 10:51 AM']Firefox 2.0.0.7 had no relevance to Linux. It fixed a bug that only mattered to Windows. We therefore didn't ship it as a security update, and didn't break the 2008 version freeze to include it.

2.0.0.8 does have relevance for Linux, and it was released as an official update for 2008 and 2007.1 yesterday.[/quote]

That makes sense, I now have 2.0.0.8. I formally withdraw my quibble.

[quote name='adamw' post='331803' date='Oct 24 2007, 10:51 AM']I believe rpmdrake actually has an interface for merging rpmnew files when you do updates via rpmdrake, but yes, perhaps it could be added to the installer too.[/quote]

That would be a niceness. Ubuntu's Update Manager works acceptably well if you are sufficiently geeky, but still could use some polish (showing the files side by side, highlighting the differences, highlighting user-made changes, giving you can change to edit the file and backup the old one).

[quote name='adamw' post='331803' date='Oct 24 2007, 10:51 AM']"Some files didn't want to let me copy them over, they were probably system logs in use:"

actually, no, you just made a mistake with the command:

you're trying to *run* /etc/sysconfig/system.rpmnew . You left out the 'cp'. :)[/quote]

I guess I was tired as well as not too bright, it works now.

BTW, thanks for the kind words, Zac, I really am not very technically inclined and it is all Black Magic to me. I just consult tombs of arcane incantations (mostly Google) and mutter the spells I find and sometimes a nice rose grows out of a pile of poop. Its not like I ever wanted to learn all this stuff, it is just that everything that could go wrong did go wrong. Computers are awfully finicky, complex, buggy beasts, and I had the same experience in my Windows days, both with hardware and software. After a while I acquired a fair body of knowledge and found myself being required to trouble shoot (and build) systems for friends and family.

But Linux really does have rather a steep learning curve for all its advances. Upgrades in particular are always problematic. T.S. Eliot was only partially right, [url="http://www.bartleby.com/201/1.html"]April is the cruelest month[/url], but so is October, because that is when the major distros tend to issue releases. You look forward to them for months, bittorrent them as soon as they are released, burn the discs and upgrade when you have a chance, and it often ends in tears if you are upgrading existing systems. For instance, I have recently updated four systems, each of them required fairly significant use of the command line to get in an acceptable state.
[indent] Mandriva 2007.1 to 2008
OpenSUSE 10.2 AMD64 to 10.3 AMD64
Kubuntu Feisty to Gutsy[/indent]

The fourth is still FUBAR, I'm afraid, an attempt to upgrade a Mandriva 2006 box to 2008. In terms of hardware, it is very similar to the 2007.1 upgrade box (same board, dual monitor, a Radeon AGP and Rage ATI card), but the upgrade didn't work & adamw may be just the man to poke me in the right direction if he (presumably) is still monitoring this thread (I ran across his blog when I was researching possible solutions, and I gather he is a Mandriva developer concerned with video drivers).

The upgrade process was similar to the first one except that instead of accepting the default GRUB layout which it appears used the first item on my old menu.lst I made a new default entry and was able to find the correct kernel and initrd with the GUI. Even that would have been opaque to a complete beginner, but it worked for me and I booted to a lovely black login prompt, no X at all. I verified that I was using the correct kernel, updated the system with all the update and contrib repositories, copied over the rpmnew files that I wanted, and played around with hand editing the xorg.conf and using drakx11 and XFdrak a fair bit, but couldn't get a GUI to save my life, even when I asked the system-deities (drakx11) to only to configure the first Radeon video card and disabled all the bells and whistles (GLX, etc.). I tried using a variety of drivers, vesa, ati, radeon (which I gather is just another name for ati), etc. I even imported my working xorg.conf from my other new 2008 box, adjusting the BusID. XFdrak Tests & "startx" would just give me a band of green and blue at the top of my main monitor on the Radeon card for a second and bounce me back to text mode, while coughing up a variety of error messages.

Here is my hardware:
[code] lspci | grep VGA
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc Radeon R100 QD [Radeon 7200]
02:08.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc 3D Rage Pro 215GP (rev 5c)

# lshw -C display
*-display
description: VGA compatible controller
product: Radeon R100 QD [Radeon 7200]
vendor: ATI Technologies Inc
physical id: 0
bus info: pci@0000:01:00.0
version: 00
width: 32 bits
clock: 66MHz
capabilities: agp agp-2.0 pm vga bus_master cap_list
configuration: latency=32 mingnt=8
*-display
description: VGA compatible controller
product: 3D Rage Pro 215GP
vendor: ATI Technologies Inc
physical id: 8
bus info: pci@0000:02:08.0
version: 5c
width: 32 bits
clock: 33MHz
capabilities: vga
configuration: latency=32 mingnt=8[/code]

I seem to have most of the current drivers installed:
[code]# urpmi x11-driver-video-vga x11-driver-video-vesa x11-driver-video-ati x11-driver-video-radeonhd
Packages x11-driver-video-vesa-1.3.0-3mdv2008.0.i586, x11-driver-video-radeonhd-1.1.1-0.20070928.1mdv2008.0.i586, x11-driver-video-ati-6.6.3-3mdv2008.0.i586, x11-driver-video-vga-4.1.0-2mdv2008.0.i586 are already installed[/code]

The most common message that drakx11 would spit up was:
[code]An error occurred:
(EE) AIGLX: DRI module not loaded

Try to change some parameters.[/code]

Oy weh, any way to disable AIGLX? I'm not going to use it with my elderly 8 MB Rage PCI video card.

I grepped through my /var/log/Xorg.0.log file and found a few entries that were intriguing, but didn't suggest to me what to do.

[indent] (WW) warning, (EE) error, (NI) not implemented, (??) unknown
[/indent]
[indent] could not open default font 'fixed'[/indent]

[indent]X Window System Version 1.3.0
Release Date: 19 April 2007
X Protocol Version 11, Revision 0, Release 1.3
Build Operating System: Linux_2.6.12-12mdksmp Mandriva
Current Operating System: Linux drak.ejb.edu 2.6.22.9-desktop-1mdv #1 SMP Thu Sep 27 04:07:04 CEST 2007 i686
Build Date: 01 October 2007[/indent]

Seems like the Build OS is different than the Current OS.

I did a "rpm -qa" and most of the programs seem to be 2008, not really a hybrid system, but there were a short list of packages that seem to be from the older incarnation, here are a few of them that I thought might be problematic?:
[quote]kat-0.6.4-6.3.20060mdk
libc-client-php0-2006j-1mdv2008.0
libclamav1-0.90-0.1.20060mdk
libcurl3-7.14.0-2.2.20060mdk
libdbus-1_0-0.23.4-5.2.20060mdk
libdbus-glib-1_0-0.23.4-5.2.20060mdk
libgdk-pixbuf-gnomecanvas1-0.22.0-8.2.20060mdk
libgnutls11-1.0.25-2.2.20060mdk
libgraphviz7-2.2.1-3.1.20060mdk
libhal0-0.4.8-15.1.20060mdk
libheartbeat0-1.2.3-5.2.20060mdk
libheartbeat-pils0-1.2.3-5.2.20060mdk
libheartbeat-stonith0-1.2.3-5.2.20060mdk
libhylafax4.2.0-4.2.1-2.2.20060mdk
libkat0-0.6.4-6.3.20060mdk
libMagick8.4.2-6.2.4.3-1.5.20060mdk
libmdbtools1-0.6-0.20060524.2mdv2008.0
libmysql14-4.1.12-4.10.20060mdk
libmysql14-devel-4.1.12-4.10.20060mdk
libopenssl0.9.7-0.9.7g-2.5.20060mdk
libpoppler0-0.4.1-3.2.20060mdk
libpostproc0-1.0-1.pre7.12.4.20060mdk
libpq4-8.0.11-0.1.20060mdk
libpython2.4-2.4.1-5.1.20060mdk
libsoup-2.2_7-2.2.3-2.1.20060mdk
libtunepimp2-0.3.0-3.2.20060mdk
libwv-1.0_3-1.0.3-3.1.20060mdk
mandriva-create-kde-mdk-menu-2006-2mdk[/quote]

However there are large numbers of files with "2007.1" in them, even though I never installed 2007. Some of them look a bit suspicious, e.g.:
[code]x11-font-bitstream-100dpi-1.0.0-4mdv2007.0
x11-driver-video-via-0.2.2-2mdv2007.1[/code]
And several other fonts and video drivers.

Seems like most of the important xorg files are up-to-date:
[indent]grep xorg rpm.txt
libxorg-x11-7.2.0-2mdv2008.0
libxorg-x11-devel-7.2.0-2mdv2008.0
x11-server-xorg-1.3.0.0-24mdv2008.0
xorg-x11-100dpi-fonts-7.2.0-2mdv2008.0
xorg-x11-7.2.0-2mdv2008.0
xorg-x11-75dpi-fonts-7.2.0-2mdv2008.0
xorg-x11-xauth-7.2.0-2mdv2008.0
xorg-x11-xfs-7.2.0-2mdv2008.0[/indent]

Is there some particular package of which I should check the status? Anyone have any suggestions about forums to POST or which IRC channel to importune to get some help with this quandary? I looked around for phrases like "(EE) AIGLX: DRI module not loaded" to no avail. Whine, cringe, grovel, help?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
The stuff below is just my xorg.conf and Xorg.0.log and is of no real interest to any sentient being:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
For grins, here is a sample xorg.conf that I used that seems to me like it should be fairly sane (unless I forgot the 'cp' command again):
[quote]# File generated by XFdrake (rev 230776)

# **********************************************************************
# Refer to the XF86Config man page for details about the format of
# this file.
# **********************************************************************

Section "Files"
# Multiple FontPath entries are allowed (they are concatenated together)
# By default, Mandrake 6.0 and later now use a font server independent of
# the X server to render fonts.
FontPath "unix/:-1"
EndSection

Section "ServerFlags"
#DontZap # disable <Crtl><Alt><BS> (server abort)
#DontZoom # disable <Crtl><Alt><KP_+>/<KP_-> (resolution switching)
AllowMouseOpenFail # allows the server to start up even if the mouse does not work
EndSection

Section "Module"
Load "dbe" # Double-Buffering Extension
Load "v4l" # Video for Linux
Load "extmod"
Load "type1"
Load "freetype"
# Load "glx" # 3D layer
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
Identifier "Keyboard1"
Driver "kbd"
Option "XkbModel" "pc105"
Option "XkbLayout" "en_US"
Option "XkbOptions" "compose:rwin"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
Identifier "Mouse1"
Driver "mouse"
Option "Protocol" "IMPS/2"
Option "Device" "/dev/mouse"
Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
Identifier "monitor1"
VendorName "NEC"
ModelName "NEC MultiSync P1150"
HorizSync 31.0-94.0
VertRefresh 55.0-160.0

# TV fullscreen mode or DVD fullscreen output.
# 768x576 @ 79 Hz, 50 kHz hsync
ModeLine "768x576" 50.00 768 832 846 1000 576 590 595 630

# 768x576 @ 100 Hz, 61.6 kHz hsync
ModeLine "768x576" 63.07 768 800 960 1024 576 578 590 616
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
Identifier "monitor2"
VendorName "NEC"
ModelName "NEC MultiSync P1150"
HorizSync 31.0-94.0
VertRefresh 55.0-160.0

# TV fullscreen mode or DVD fullscreen output.
# 768x576 @ 79 Hz, 50 kHz hsync
ModeLine "768x576" 50.00 768 832 846 1000 576 590 595 630

# 768x576 @ 100 Hz, 61.6 kHz hsync
ModeLine "768x576" 63.07 768 800 960 1024 576 578 590 616
EndSection

Section "Device"
Identifier "device1"
VendorName "ATI Technologies Inc"
BoardName "ATI Radeon 9250 and earlier"
Driver "ati"
BusID "PCI:1:0:0"
Option "DPMS"
# Option "XaaNoOffscreenPixmaps" "1"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
Identifier "screen1"
Device "device1"
Monitor "monitor1"
DefaultColorDepth 16

Subsection "Display"
Depth 8
Modes "1280x1024" "1152x864" "1024x768" "832x624" "800x600" "640x480" "480x360" "320x240"
EndSubsection

Subsection "Display"
Depth 15
Modes "1280x1024" "1152x864" "1024x768" "832x624" "800x600" "640x480" "480x360" "320x240"
EndSubsection

Subsection "Display"
Depth 16
EndSubsection

Subsection "Display"
Depth 24
EndSubsection
EndSection

Section "ServerLayout"
Identifier "layout1"
InputDevice "Keyboard1" "CoreKeyboard"
InputDevice "Mouse1" "CorePointer"
Screen "screen1"
Option "Clone" "off" # EJB added
# Option "Xinerama"
EndSection[/quote]

And here is a fairly typical Xorg.0.log entry:
[quote]# cat /var/log/Xorg.0.log

X Window System Version 1.3.0
Release Date: 19 April 2007
X Protocol Version 11, Revision 0, Release 1.3
Build Operating System: Linux_2.6.12-12mdksmp Mandriva
Current Operating System: Linux drak.ejb.edu 2.6.22.9-desktop-1mdv #1 SMP Thu Sep 27 04:07:04 CEST 2007 i686
Build Date: 01 October 2007
Before reporting problems, check [url="http://wiki.x.org"]http://wiki.x.org[/url]
to make sure that you have the latest version.
Module Loader present
Markers: (--) probed, (**) from config file, (==) default setting,
(++) from command line, (!!) notice, (II) informational,
(WW) warning, (EE) error, (NI) not implemented, (??) unknown.
(==) Log file: "/var/log/Xorg.0.log", Time: Fri Oct 26 14:27:16 2007
(==) Using config file: "/etc/X11/xorg.conf"
(==) ServerLayout "layout1"
(**) |-->Screen "screen1" (0)
(**) | |-->Monitor "monitor1"
(**) | |-->Device "device1"
(**) |-->Input Device "Keyboard1"
(**) |-->Input Device "Mouse1"
(**) FontPath set to:
unix/:-1
(==) RgbPath set to "/usr/share/X11/rgb"
(==) ModulePath set to "/usr/lib/xorg/modules"
(**) Option "AllowMouseOpenFail"
(II) Open ACPI successful (/var/run/acpid.socket)
(II) Loader magic: 0x820e520
(II) Module ABI versions:
X.Org ANSI C Emulation: 0.3
X.Org Video Driver: 1.2
X.Org XInput driver : 0.7
X.Org Server Extension : 0.3
X.Org Font Renderer : 0.5
(II) Loader running on linux
(II) LoadModule: "pcidata"
(II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules//libpcidata.so
(II) Module pcidata: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
compiled for 1.3.0, module version = 1.0.0
ABI class: X.Org Video Driver, version 1.2
Using vt 7
(--) using VT number 7

(II) PCI: PCI scan (all values are in hex)
(II) PCI: 00:00:0: chip 10de,00e1 card 1019,3401 rev a1 class 06,00,00 hdr 00
(II) PCI: 00:01:0: chip 10de,00e0 card 1019,3401 rev a2 class 06,01,00 hdr 80
(II) PCI: 00:01:1: chip 10de,00e4 card 1019,3401 rev a1 class 0c,05,00 hdr 80
(II) PCI: 00:02:0: chip 10de,00e7 card 1019,3401 rev a1 class 0c,03,10 hdr 80
(II) PCI: 00:02:1: chip 10de,00e7 card 1019,3401 rev a1 class 0c,03,10 hdr 80
(II) PCI: 00:02:2: chip 10de,00e8 card 1019,3401 rev a2 class 0c,03,20 hdr 80
(II) PCI: 00:05:0: chip 10de,00df card 1019,2501 rev a2 class 06,80,00 hdr 00
(II) PCI: 00:06:0: chip 10de,00ea card 1019,aa2e rev a1 class 04,01,00 hdr 00
(II) PCI: 00:08:0: chip 10de,00e5 card 1019,3401 rev a2 class 01,01,8a hdr 00
(II) PCI: 00:0a:0: chip 10de,00e3 card 1019,5400 rev a2 class 01,01,85 hdr 00
(II) PCI: 00:0b:0: chip 10de,00e2 card 0000,0000 rev a2 class 06,04,00 hdr 01
(II) PCI: 00:0e:0: chip 10de,00ed card 0000,0000 rev a2 class 06,04,00 hdr 01
(II) PCI: 00:18:0: chip 1022,1100 card 0000,0000 rev 00 class 06,00,00 hdr 80
(II) PCI: 00:18:1: chip 1022,1101 card 0000,0000 rev 00 class 06,00,00 hdr 80
(II) PCI: 00:18:2: chip 1022,1102 card 0000,0000 rev 00 class 06,00,00 hdr 80
(II) PCI: 00:18:3: chip 1022,1103 card 0000,0000 rev 00 class 06,00,00 hdr 80
(II) PCI: 01:00:0: chip 1002,5144 card 1002,02aa rev 00 class 03,00,00 hdr 00
(II) PCI: 02:08:0: chip 1002,4750 card 1002,0080 rev 5c class 03,00,00 hdr 00
(II) PCI: End of PCI scan
(II) Host-to-PCI bridge:
(II) Bus 0: bridge is at (0:0:0), (0,0,2), BCTRL: 0x0008 (VGA_EN is set)
(II) Bus 0 I/O range:
[0] -1 0 0x00000000 - 0x0000ffff (0x10000) IX[B]
(II) Bus 0 non-prefetchable memory range:
[0] -1 0 0x00000000 - 0xffffffff (0x0) MX[B]
(II) Bus 0 prefetchable memory range:
(II) PCI-to-ISA bridge:
(II) Bus -1: bridge is at (0:1:0), (0,-1,-1), BCTRL: 0x0008 (VGA_EN is set)
(II) PCI-to-PCI bridge:
(II) Bus 1: bridge is at (0:11:0), (0,1,1), BCTRL: 0x000e (VGA_EN is set)
(II) Bus 1 I/O range:
[0] -1 0 0x00009000 - 0x000090ff (0x100) IX[B]
[1] -1 0 0x00009400 - 0x000094ff (0x100) IX[B]
[2] -1 0 0x00009800 - 0x000098ff (0x100) IX[B]
[3] -1 0 0x00009c00 - 0x00009cff (0x100) IX[B]
(II) Bus 1 non-prefetchable memory range:
[0] -1 0 0xe0000000 - 0xe1ffffff (0x2000000) MX[B]
(II) Bus 1 prefetchable memory range:
[0] -1 0 0xd8000000 - 0xdfffffff (0x8000000) MX[B]
(II) PCI-to-PCI bridge:
(II) Bus 2: bridge is at (0:14:0), (0,2,2), BCTRL: 0x0206 (VGA_EN is cleared)
(II) Bus 2 I/O range:
[0] -1 0 0x0000a000 - 0x0000a0ff (0x100) IX[B]
[1] -1 0 0x0000a400 - 0x0000a4ff (0x100) IX[B]
[2] -1 0 0x0000a800 - 0x0000a8ff (0x100) IX[B]
[3] -1 0 0x0000ac00 - 0x0000acff (0x100) IX[B]
(II) Bus 2 non-prefetchable memory range:
[0] -1 0 0xe2000000 - 0xe3ffffff (0x2000000) MX[B]
(II) Bus 2 prefetchable memory range:
[0] -1 0 0xe4000000 - 0xe4ffffff (0x1000000) MX[B]
(--) PCI:*(1:0:0) ATI Technologies Inc Radeon R100 QD [Radeon 7200] rev 0, Mem @ 0xd8000000/27, 0xe1000000/19, I/O @ 0x9000/8
(--) PCI: (2:8:0) ATI Technologies Inc 3D Rage Pro 215GP rev 92, Mem @ 0xe4000000/24, 0xe3000000/12, I/O @ 0xa000/8
(II) Addressable bus resource ranges are
[1] -1 0 0x00000000 - 0x0000ffff (0x10000) IX[B]
(II) OS-reported resource ranges:
[0] -1 0 0x00100000 - 0x3fffffff (0x3ff00000) MX[B]E(B)
[1] -1 0 0x000f0000 - 0x000fffff (0x10000) MX[B]
[2] -1 0 0x000c0000 - 0x000effff (0x30000) MX[B]
[3] -1 0 0x00000000 - 0x0009ffff (0xa0000) MX[B]
[4] -1 0 0x0000ffff - 0x0000ffff (0x1) IX[B]
[5] -1 0 0x00000000 - 0x000000ff (0x100) IX[B]
(II) PCI Memory resource overlap reduced 0xd0000000 from 0xd7ffffff to 0xcfffffff
(II) Active PCI resource ranges:
[0] -1 0 0xe5000000 - 0xe5000fff (0x1000) MX[B]
[1] -1 0 0xe5005000 - 0xe5005fff (0x1000) MX[B]
[2] -1 0 0xe5004000 - 0xe50040ff (0x100) MX[B]
[3] -1 0 0xe5003000 - 0xe5003fff (0x1000) MX[B]
[4] -1 0 0xe5002000 - 0xe5002fff (0x1000) MX[B]
[5] -1 0 0xd0000000 - 0xcfffffff (0x0) MX[B]O
[6] -1 0 0xe1000000 - 0xe107ffff (0x80000) MX[B](B)
[7] -1 0 0xd8000000 - 0xdfffffff (0x8000000) MX[B](B)
[8] -1 0 0x0000dc00 - 0x0000dc7f (0x80) IX[B]
[9] -1 0 0x0000d800 - 0x0000d80f (0x10) IX[B]
[10] -1 0 0x00000b70 - 0x00000b73 (0x4) IX[B]
[11] -1 0 0x00000970 - 0x00000977 (0x8) IX[B]
[12] -1 0 0x00000bf0 - 0x00000bf3 (0x4) IX[B]
[13] -1 0 0x000009f0 - 0x000009f7 (0x8) IX[B]
[14] -1 0 0x0000f000 - 0x0000f00f (0x10) IX[B]
[15] -1 0 0x0000bc00 - 0x0000bc7f (0x80) IX[B]
[16] -1 0 0x0000b800 - 0x0000b8ff (0x100) IX[B]
[17] -1 0 0x0000b400 - 0x0000b407 (0x8) IX[B]
[18] -1 0 0x00004c40 - 0x00004c7f (0x40) IX[B]
[19] -1 0 0x00004c00 - 0x00004c3f (0x40) IX[B]
[20] -1 0 0x0000e000 - 0x0000e01f (0x20) IX[B]
[21] -1 0 0x00009000 - 0x000090ff (0x100) IX[B](B)
(II) Inactive PCI resource ranges:
[0] -1 0 0xe3000000 - 0xe3000fff (0x1000) MX[B](B)
[1] -1 0 0xe4000000 - 0xe4ffffff (0x1000000) MX[B](B)
[2] -1 0 0x0000a000 - 0x0000a0ff (0x100) IX[B](B)
(II) Active PCI resource ranges after removing overlaps:
[0] -1 0 0xe5000000 - 0xe5000fff (0x1000) MX[B]
[1] -1 0 0xe5005000 - 0xe5005fff (0x1000) MX[B]
[2] -1 0 0xe5004000 - 0xe50040ff (0x100) MX[B]
[3] -1 0 0xe5003000 - 0xe5003fff (0x1000) MX[B]
[4] -1 0 0xe5002000 - 0xe5002fff (0x1000) MX[B]
[5] -1 0 0xd0000000 - 0xcfffffff (0x0) MX[B]O
[6] -1 0 0xe1000000 - 0xe107ffff (0x80000) MX[B](B)
[7] -1 0 0xd8000000 - 0xdfffffff (0x8000000) MX[B](B)
[8] -1 0 0x0000dc00 - 0x0000dc7f (0x80) IX[B]
[9] -1 0 0x0000d800 - 0x0000d80f (0x10) IX[B]
[10] -1 0 0x00000b70 - 0x00000b73 (0x4) IX[B]
[11] -1 0 0x00000970 - 0x00000977 (0x8) IX[B]
[12] -1 0 0x00000bf0 - 0x00000bf3 (0x4) IX[B]
[13] -1 0 0x000009f0 - 0x000009f7 (0x8) IX[B]
[14] -1 0 0x0000f000 - 0x0000f00f (0x10) IX[B]
[15] -1 0 0x0000bc00 - 0x0000bc7f (0x80) IX[B]
[16] -1 0 0x0000b800 - 0x0000b8ff (0x100) IX[B]
[17] -1 0 0x0000b400 - 0x0000b407 (0x8) IX[B]
[18] -1 0 0x00004c40 - 0x00004c7f (0x40) IX[B]
[19] -1 0 0x00004c00 - 0x00004c3f (0x40) IX[B]
[20] -1 0 0x0000e000 - 0x0000e01f (0x20) IX[B]
[21] -1 0 0x00009000 - 0x000090ff (0x100) IX[B](B)
(II) Inactive PCI resource ranges after removing overlaps:
[0] -1 0 0xe3000000 - 0xe3000fff (0x1000) MX[B](B)
[1] -1 0 0xe4000000 - 0xe4ffffff (0x1000000) MX[B](B)
[2] -1 0 0x0000a000 - 0x0000a0ff (0x100) IX[B](B)
(II) OS-reported resource ranges after removing overlaps with PCI:
[4] -1 0 0x0000ffff - 0x0000ffff (0x1) IX[B]
[5] -1 0 0x00000000 - 0x000000ff (0x100) IX[B]
(II) All system resource ranges:
[4] -1 0 0xe5000000 - 0xe5000fff (0x1000) MX[B]
[5] -1 0 0xe5005000 - 0xe5005fff (0x1000) MX[B]
[6] -1 0 0xe5004000 - 0xe50040ff (0x100) MX[B]
[7] -1 0 0xe5003000 - 0xe5003fff (0x1000) MX[B]
[8] -1 0 0xe5002000 - 0xe5002fff (0x1000) MX[B]
[9] -1 0 0xd0000000 - 0xcfffffff (0x0) MX[B]O
[10] -1 0 0xe1000000 - 0xe107ffff (0x80000) MX[B](B)
[11] -1 0 0xd8000000 - 0xdfffffff (0x8000000) MX[B](B)
[12] -1 0 0xe3000000 - 0xe3000fff (0x1000) MX[B](B)
[13] -1 0 0xe4000000 - 0xe4ffffff (0x1000000) MX[B](B)
[14] -1 0 0x0000ffff - 0x0000ffff (0x1) IX[B]
[15] -1 0 0x00000000 - 0x000000ff (0x100) IX[B]
[16] -1 0 0x0000dc00 - 0x0000dc7f (0x80) IX[B]
[17] -1 0 0x0000d800 - 0x0000d80f (0x10) IX[B]
[18] -1 0 0x00000b70 - 0x00000b73 (0x4) IX[B]
[19] -1 0 0x00000970 - 0x00000977 (0x8) IX[B]
[20] -1 0 0x00000bf0 - 0x00000bf3 (0x4) IX[B]
[21] -1 0 0x000009f0 - 0x000009f7 (0x8) IX[B]
[22] -1 0 0x0000f000 - 0x0000f00f (0x10) IX[B]
[23] -1 0 0x0000bc00 - 0x0000bc7f (0x80) IX[B]
[24] -1 0 0x0000b800 - 0x0000b8ff (0x100) IX[B]
[25] -1 0 0x0000b400 - 0x0000b407 (0x8) IX[B]
[26] -1 0 0x00004c40 - 0x00004c7f (0x40) IX[B]
[27] -1 0 0x00004c00 - 0x00004c3f (0x40) IX[B]
[28] -1 0 0x0000e000 - 0x0000e01f (0x20) IX[B]
[29] -1 0 0x00009000 - 0x000090ff (0x100) IX[B](B)
[30] -1 0 0x0000a000 - 0x0000a0ff (0x100) IX[B](B)
(II) LoadModule: "dbe"
(II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions//libdbe.so
(II) Module dbe: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
Module class: X.Org Server Extension
ABI class: X.Org Server Extension, version 0.3
(II) Loading extension DOUBLE-BUFFER
(II) LoadModule: "v4l"
(II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers//v4l_drv.so
(II) Module v4l: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
compiled for 1.3.0, module version = 0.1.1
(II) LoadModule: "extmod"
(II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions//libextmod.so
(II) Module extmod: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
Module class: X.Org Server Extension
ABI class: X.Org Server Extension, version 0.3
(II) Loading extension SHAPE
(II) Loading extension Multi-Buffering
(II) Loading extension MIT-SUNDRY-NONSTANDARD
(II) Loading extension BIG-REQUESTS
(II) Loading extension SYNC
(II) Loading extension MIT-SCREEN-SAVER
(II) Loading extension XC-MISC
(II) Loading extension XFree86-VidModeExtension
(II) Loading extension XFree86-Misc
(II) Loading extension XFree86-DGA
(II) Loading extension DPMS
(II) Loading extension TOG-CUP
(II) Loading extension Extended-Visual-Information
(II) Loading extension XVideo
(II) Loading extension XVideo-MotionCompensation
(II) Loading extension X-Resource
(II) LoadModule: "type1"
(II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/fonts//libtype1.so
(II) Module type1: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
compiled for 1.3.0, module version = 1.0.2
Module class: X.Org Font Renderer
ABI class: X.Org Font Renderer, version 0.5
(II) Loading font Type1
(II) LoadModule: "freetype"
(II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/fonts//libfreetype.so
(II) Module freetype: vendor="X.Org Foundation & the After X-TT Project"
compiled for 1.3.0, module version = 2.1.0
Module class: X.Org Font Renderer
ABI class: X.Org Font Renderer, version 0.5
(II) Loading font FreeType
(II) LoadModule: "ati"
(II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers//ati_drv.so
(II) Module ati: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
compiled for 1.3.0, module version = 6.6.3
Module class: X.Org Video Driver
(II) LoadModule: "kbd"
(II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/input//kbd_drv.so
(II) Module kbd: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
compiled for 7.2.0, module version = 1.1.0
Module class: X.Org XInput Driver
ABI class: X.Org XInput driver, version 0.7
(II) LoadModule: "mouse"
(II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/input//mouse_drv.so
(II) Module mouse: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
compiled for 1.3.0, module version = 1.2.2
Module class: X.Org XInput Driver
ABI class: X.Org XInput driver, version 0.7
(II) v4l driver for Video4Linux
(II) ATI: ATI driver (version 6.6.3) for chipsets: ati, ativga
(II) R128: Driver for ATI Rage 128 chipsets:
ATI Rage 128 Mobility M3 LE (PCI), ATI Rage 128 Mobility M3 LF (AGP),
ATI Rage 128 Mobility M4 MF (AGP), ATI Rage 128 Mobility M4 ML (AGP),
ATI Rage 128 Pro GL PA (PCI/AGP), ATI Rage 128 Pro GL PB (PCI/AGP),
ATI Rage 128 Pro GL PC (PCI/AGP), ATI Rage 128 Pro GL PD (PCI),
ATI Rage 128 Pro GL PE (PCI/AGP), ATI Rage 128 Pro GL PF (AGP),
ATI Rage 128 Pro VR PG (PCI/AGP), ATI Rage 128 Pro VR PH (PCI/AGP),
ATI Rage 128 Pro VR PI (PCI/AGP), ATI Rage 128 Pro VR PJ (PCI/AGP),
ATI Rage 128 Pro VR PK (PCI/AGP), ATI Rage 128 Pro VR PL (PCI/AGP),
ATI Rage 128 Pro VR PM (PCI/AGP), ATI Rage 128 Pro VR PN (PCI/AGP),
ATI Rage 128 Pro VR PO (PCI/AGP), ATI Rage 128 Pro VR PP (PCI),
ATI Rage 128 Pro VR PQ (PCI/AGP), ATI Rage 128 Pro VR PR (PCI),
ATI Rage 128 Pro VR PS (PCI/AGP), ATI Rage 128 Pro VR PT (PCI/AGP),
ATI Rage 128 Pro VR PU (PCI/AGP), ATI Rage 128 Pro VR PV (PCI/AGP),
ATI Rage 128 Pro VR PW (PCI/AGP), ATI Rage 128 Pro VR PX (PCI/AGP),
ATI Rage 128 GL RE (PCI), ATI Rage 128 GL RF (AGP),
ATI Rage 128 RG (AGP), ATI Rage 128 VR RK (PCI),
ATI Rage 128 VR RL (AGP), ATI Rage 128 4X SE (PCI/AGP),
ATI Rage 128 4X SF (PCI/AGP), ATI Rage 128 4X SG (PCI/AGP),
ATI Rage 128 4X SH (PCI/AGP), ATI Rage 128 4X SK (PCI/AGP),
ATI Rage 128 4X SL (PCI/AGP), ATI Rage 128 4X SM (AGP),
ATI Rage 128 4X SN (PCI/AGP), ATI Rage 128 Pro ULTRA TF (AGP),
ATI Rage 128 Pro ULTRA TL (AGP), ATI Rage 128 Pro ULTRA TR (AGP),
ATI Rage 128 Pro ULTRA TS (AGP?), ATI Rage 128 Pro ULTRA TT (AGP?),
ATI Rage 128 Pro ULTRA TU (AGP?)
(II) RADEON: Driver for ATI Radeon chipsets: ATI Radeon QD (AGP),
ATI Radeon QE (AGP), ATI Radeon QF (AGP), ATI Radeon QG (AGP),
ATI Radeon VE/7000 QY (AGP/PCI), ATI Radeon VE/7000 QZ (AGP/PCI),
ATI ES1000 515E (PCI), ATI ES1000 5969 (PCI),
ATI Radeon Mobility M7 LW (AGP),
ATI Mobility FireGL 7800 M7 LX (AGP),
ATI Radeon Mobility M6 LY (AGP), ATI Radeon Mobility M6 LZ (AGP),
ATI Radeon IGP320 (A3) 4136, ATI Radeon IGP320M (U1) 4336,
ATI Radeon IGP330/340/350 (A4) 4137,
ATI Radeon IGP330M/340M/350M (U2) 4337,
ATI Radeon 7000 IGP (A4+) 4237, ATI Radeon Mobility 7000 IGP 4437,
ATI FireGL 8700/8800 QH (AGP), ATI Radeon 8500 QL (AGP),
ATI Radeon 9100 QM (AGP), ATI Radeon 8500 AIW BB (AGP),
ATI Radeon 8500 AIW BC (AGP), ATI Radeon 7500 QW (AGP/PCI),
ATI Radeon 7500 QX (AGP/PCI), ATI Radeon 9000/PRO If (AGP/PCI),
ATI Radeon 9000 Ig (AGP/PCI), ATI FireGL Mobility 9000 (M9) Ld (AGP),
ATI Radeon Mobility 9000 (M9) Lf (AGP),
ATI Radeon Mobility 9000 (M9) Lg (AGP),
ATI Radeon 9100 IGP (A5) 5834,
ATI Radeon Mobility 9100 IGP (U3) 5835, ATI Radeon 9100 PRO IGP 7834,
ATI Radeon Mobility 9200 IGP 7835, ATI Radeon 9250 5960 (AGP),
ATI Radeon 9200 5961 (AGP), ATI Radeon 9200 5962 (AGP),
ATI Radeon 9200SE 5964 (AGP), ATI FireMV 2200 (PCI),
ATI Radeon Mobility 9200 (M9+) 5C61 (AGP),
ATI Radeon Mobility 9200 (M9+) 5C63 (AGP), ATI Radeon 9500 AD (AGP),
ATI Radeon 9500 AE (AGP), ATI Radeon 9600TX AF (AGP),
ATI FireGL Z1 AG (AGP), ATI Radeon 9700 Pro ND (AGP),
ATI Radeon 9700/9500Pro NE (AGP), ATI Radeon 9600TX NF (AGP),
ATI FireGL X1 NG (AGP), ATI Radeon 9600 AP (AGP),
ATI Radeon 9600SE AQ (AGP), ATI Radeon 9600XT AR (AGP),
ATI Radeon 9600 AS (AGP), ATI FireGL T2 AT (AGP),
ATI FireGL RV360 AV (AGP),
ATI Radeon Mobility 9600/9700 (M10/M11) NP (AGP),
ATI Radeon Mobility 9600 (M10) NQ (AGP),
ATI Radeon Mobility 9600 (M11) NR (AGP),
ATI Radeon Mobility 9600 (M10) NS (AGP),
ATI FireGL Mobility T2 (M10) NT (AGP),
ATI FireGL Mobility T2e (M11) NV (AGP), ATI Radeon 9650,
ATI Radeon 9800SE AH (AGP), ATI Radeon 9800 AI (AGP),
ATI Radeon 9800 AJ (AGP), ATI FireGL X2 AK (AGP),
ATI Radeon 9800PRO NH (AGP), ATI Radeon 9800 NI (AGP),
ATI FireGL X2 NK (AGP), ATI Radeon 9800XT NJ (AGP),
ATI Radeon X600 (RV380) 3E50 (PCIE),
ATI FireGL V3200 (RV380) 3E54 (PCIE),
ATI Radeon Mobility X600 (M24) 3150 (PCIE),
ATI Radeon Mobility X300 (M24) 3152 (PCIE),
ATI FireGL M24 GL 3154 (PCIE), ATI Radeon X300 (RV370) 5B60 (PCIE),
ATI Radeon X600 (RV370) 5B62 (PCIE),
ATI Radeon X550 (RV370) 5B63 (PCIE),
ATI FireGL V3100 (RV370) 5B64 (PCIE),
ATI FireMV 2200 PCIE (RV370) 5B65 (PCIE),
ATI Radeon Mobility X300 (M22) 5460 (PCIE),
ATI Radeon Mobility X600 SE (M24C) 5462 (PCIE),
ATI FireGL M22 GL 5464 (PCIE), ATI Radeon XPRESS 200 5A41 (PCIE),
ATI Radeon XPRESS 200M 5A42 (PCIE),
ATI Radeon XPRESS 200 5A61 (PCIE),
ATI Radeon XPRESS 200M 5A62 (PCIE),
ATI Radeon XPRESS 200 5954 (PCIE),
ATI Radeon XPRESS 200M 5955 (PCIE),
ATI Radeon XPRESS 200 5974 (PCIE),
ATI Radeon XPRESS 200M 5975 (PCIE), ATI FireGL V5000 (RV410) (PCIE),
ATI Mobility FireGL V5000 (M26) (PCIE),
ATI Mobility FireGL V5000 (M26) (PCIE),
ATI Mobility Radeon X700 XL (M26) (PCIE),
ATI Mobility Radeon X700 (M26) (PCIE),
ATI Mobility Radeon X700 (M26) (PCIE),
ATI Radeon X700 PRO (RV410) (PCIE),
ATI Radeon X700 XT (RV410) (PCIE), ATI Radeon X700 (RV410) (PCIE),
ATI Radeon X700 SE (RV410) (PCIE), ATI Radeon X700 SE (RV410) (PCIE),
ATI Radeon X800 (R420) JH (AGP), ATI Radeon X800PRO (R420) JI (AGP),
ATI Radeon X800SE (R420) JJ (AGP), ATI Radeon X800 (R420) JK (AGP),
ATI Radeon X800 (R420) JL (AGP), ATI FireGL X3 (R420) JM (AGP),
ATI Radeon Mobility 9800 (M18) JN (AGP),
ATI Radeon X800XT (R420) JP (AGP), ATI Radeon X800 SE (R420) (AGP),
ATI Radeon AIW X800 VE (R420) JT (AGP),
ATI Radeon X800 (R423) UH (PCIE),
ATI Radeon X800PRO (R423) UI (PCIE),
ATI Radeon X800LE (R423) UJ (PCIE),
ATI Radeon X800SE (R423) UK (PCIE),
ATI FireGL V5100 (R423) UQ (PCIE),
ATI FireGL unknown (R423) UR (PCIE),
ATI FireGL unknown (R423) UT (PCIE),
ATI Radeon X800XT (R423) 5D57 (PCIE), ATI FireGL V7100 (R423) (PCIE),
ATI Mobility FireGL V5100 (M28) (PCIE),
ATI Mobility Radeon X800 (M28) (PCIE),
ATI Mobility Radeon X800 XT (M28) (PCIE),
ATI Radeon X800 (R430) (PCIE), ATI Radeon X800 XL (R430) (PCIE),
ATI Radeon X800 SE (R430) (PCIE), ATI Radeon X800 XTP (R430) (PCIE),
ATI Radeon X850 5D4C (PCIE),
ATI unknown Radeon / FireGL (R480) 5D50 (PCIE),
ATI Radeon X850 SE (R480) (PCIE), ATI Radeon X850 PRO (R480) (PCIE),
ATI Radeon X850 XT (R480) (PCIE),
ATI Radeon X850 XT PE (R480) (PCIE),
ATI Radeon X850 PRO (R480) (AGP), ATI Radeon X850 SE (R480) (AGP),
ATI Radeon X850 XT (R480) (AGP), ATI Radeon X850 XT PE (R480) (AGP)
(II) Primary Device is: PCI 01:00:0
(II) ATI: Candidate "Device" section "device1".
(II) ATI: Shared PCI/AGP Mach64 in slot 2:8:0 detected.
(--) Chipset ATI Radeon QD (AGP) found
(II) resource ranges after xf86ClaimFixedResources() call:
[14] -1 0 0x0000ffff - 0x0000ffff (0x1) IX[B]
[15] -1 0 0x00000000 - 0x000000ff (0x100) IX[B]
[16] -1 0 0x0000dc00 - 0x0000dc7f (0x80) IX[B]
[17] -1 0 0x0000d800 - 0x0000d80f (0x10) IX[B]
[18] -1 0 0x00000b70 - 0x00000b73 (0x4) IX[B]
[19] -1 0 0x00000970 - 0x00000977 (0x8) IX[B]
[20] -1 0 0x00000bf0 - 0x00000bf3 (0x4) IX[B]
[21] -1 0 0x000009f0 - 0x000009f7 (0x8) IX[B]
[22] -1 0 0x0000f000 - 0x0000f00f (0x10) IX[B]
[23] -1 0 0x0000bc00 - 0x0000bc7f (0x80) IX[B]
[24] -1 0 0x0000b800 - 0x0000b8ff (0x100) IX[B]
[25] -1 0 0x0000b400 - 0x0000b407 (0x8) IX[B]
[26] -1 0 0x00004c40 - 0x00004c7f (0x40) IX[B]
[27] -1 0 0x00004c00 - 0x00004c3f (0x40) IX[B]
[28] -1 0 0x0000e000 - 0x0000e01f (0x20) IX[B]
[29] -1 0 0x00009000 - 0x000090ff (0x100) IX[B](B)
[30] -1 0 0x0000a000 - 0x0000a0ff (0x100) IX[B](B)
(II) Loading sub module "radeon"
(II) LoadModule: "radeon"
(II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers//radeon_drv.so
(II) Module radeon: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
compiled for 1.3.0, module version = 4.2.0
Module class: X.Org Video Driver
(II) resource ranges after probing:
[14] 1 0 0x000a0000 - 0x000affff (0x10000) MS[B]
[15] 1 0 0x000b0000 - 0x000b7fff (0x8000) MS[B]
[16] 1 0 0x000b8000 - 0x000bffff (0x8000) MS[B]
[17] -1 0 0x0000ffff - 0x0000ffff (0x1) IX[B]
[18] -1 0 0x00000000 - 0x000000ff (0x100) IX[B]
[19] -1 0 0x0000dc00 - 0x0000dc7f (0x80) IX[B]
[20] -1 0 0x0000d800 - 0x0000d80f (0x10) IX[B]
[21] -1 0 0x00000b70 - 0x00000b73 (0x4) IX[B]
[22] -1 0 0x00000970 - 0x00000977 (0x8) IX[B]
[23] -1 0 0x00000bf0 - 0x00000bf3 (0x4) IX[B]
[24] -1 0 0x000009f0 - 0x000009f7 (0x8) IX[B]
[25] -1 0 0x0000f000 - 0x0000f00f (0x10) IX[B]
[26] -1 0 0x0000bc00 - 0x0000bc7f (0x80) IX[B]
[27] -1 0 0x0000b800 - 0x0000b8ff (0x100) IX[B]
[28] -1 0 0x0000b400 - 0x0000b407 (0x8) IX[B]
[29] -1 0 0x00004c40 - 0x00004c7f (0x40) IX[B]
[30] -1 0 0x00004c00 - 0x00004c3f (0x40) IX[B]
[31] -1 0 0x0000e000 - 0x0000e01f (0x20) IX[B]
[32] -1 0 0x00009000 - 0x000090ff (0x100) IX[B](B)
[33] -1 0 0x0000a000 - 0x0000a0ff (0x100) IX[B](B)
[34] 1 0 0x000003b0 - 0x000003bb (0xc) IS[B]
[35] 1 0 0x000003c0 - 0x000003df (0x20) IS[B]
(II) Setting vga for screen 0.
(**) RADEON(0): RADEONPreInit
(II) RADEON(0): MMIO registers at 0xe1000000: size 512KB
(II) RADEON(0): PCI bus 1 card 0 func 0
(**) RADEON(0): Depth 16, (--) framebuffer bpp 16
(II) RADEON(0): Pixel depth = 16 bits stored in 2 bytes (16 bpp pixmaps)
(==) RADEON(0): Default visual is TrueColor
(II) Loading sub module "vgahw"
(II) LoadModule: "vgahw"
(II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules//libvgahw.so
(II) Module vgahw: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
compiled for 1.3.0, module version = 0.1.0
(II) RADEON(0): vgaHWGetIOBase: hwp->IOBase is 0x03d0, hwp->PIOOffset is 0x0000
(==) RADEON(0): RGB weight 565
(II) RADEON(0): Using 6 bits per RGB (8 bit DAC)
(==) RADEON(0): X server will not keep DPI constant for all screen sizes
(II) Loading sub module "int10"
(II) LoadModule: "int10"
(II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules//libint10.so
(II) Module int10: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
(II) RADEON(0): initializing int10
(II) RADEON(0): Primary V_BIOS segment is: 0xc000
(--) RADEON(0): Chipset: "ATI Radeon QD (AGP)" (ChipID = 0x5144)
(--) RADEON(0): Linear framebuffer at 0xd8000000
(II) RADEON(0): AGP card detected
(II) RADEON(0): Detected total video RAM=32768K, accessible=65536K (PCI BAR=131072K)
(--) RADEON(0): Mapped VideoRAM: 32768 kByte (128 bit DDR SDRAM)
(II) RADEON(0): Color tiling enabled by default
(II) Loading sub module "ddc"
(II) LoadModule: "ddc"(II) Module already built-in
(II) Loading sub module "i2c"
(II) LoadModule: "i2c"(II) Module already built-in
(II) RADEON(0): I2C bus "DDC" initialized.
(II) RADEON(0): Legacy BIOS detected
(WW) RADEON(0): No Connector Info Table found!
(II) RADEON(0): I2C device "DDC:ddc2" registered at address 0xA0.
(II) RADEON(0): I2C device "DDC:ddc2" removed.
(II) RADEON(0): DDC Type: 2, Detected Type: 1
(II) RADEON(0): Monitor1 EDID data ---------------------------
(II) RADEON(0): Manufacturer: EPI Model: a995 Serial#: 91873
(II) RADEON(0): Year: 2002 Week: 2
(II) RADEON(0): EDID Version: 1.2
(II) RADEON(0): Analog Display Input, Input Voltage Level: 0.700/0.700 V
(II) RADEON(0): Sync: Separate
(II) RADEON(0): Max H-Image Size [cm]: horiz.: 36 vert.: 27
(II) RADEON(0): Gamma: 2.20
(II) RADEON(0): DPMS capabilities: Off; RGB/Color Display
(II) RADEON(0): First detailed timing is preferred mode
(II) RADEON(0): redX: 0.626 redY: 0.340 greenX: 0.288 greenY: 0.608
(II) RADEON(0): blueX: 0.148 blueY: 0.064 whiteX: 0.283 whiteY: 0.298
(II) RADEON(0): Supported VESA Video Modes:
(II) RADEON(0): 720x400@70Hz
(II) RADEON(0): 640x480@60Hz
(II) RADEON(0): 640x480@75Hz
(II) RADEON(0): 800x600@75Hz
(II) RADEON(0): 1024x768@75Hz
(II) RADEON(0): 1280x1024@75Hz
(II) RADEON(0): Manufacturer's mask: 0
(II) RADEON(0): Supported Future Video Modes:
(II) RADEON(0): #0: hsize: 640 vsize 480 refresh: 85 vid: 22833
(II) RADEON(0): #1: hsize: 800 vsize 600 refresh: 85 vid: 22853
(II) RADEON(0): #2: hsize: 1024 vsize 768 refresh: 85 vid: 22881
(II) RADEON(0): #3: hsize: 1280 vsize 960 refresh: 85 vid: 22913
(II) RADEON(0): #4: hsize: 1280 vsize 1024 refresh: 85 vid: 39297
(II) RADEON(0): #5: hsize: 1600 vsize 1200 refresh: 75 vid: 20393
(II) RADEON(0): Supported additional Video Mode:
(II) RADEON(0): clock: 157.5 MHz Image Size: 360 x 270 mm
(II) RADEON(0): h_active: 1280 h_sync: 1344 h_sync_end 1504 h_blank_end 1728 h_border: 0
(II) RADEON(0): v_active: 1024 v_sync: 1025 v_sync_end 1028 v_blanking: 1072 v_border: 0
(II) RADEON(0): Monitor name: ENVISION
(II) RADEON(0): Monitor name: EN-910e
(II) RADEON(0): Ranges: V min: 50 V max: 160 Hz, H min: 30 H max: 95 kHz, PixClock max 200 MHz
(II) RADEON(0): EDID (in hex):
(II) RADEON(0): 00ffffffffffff00160995a9e1660100
(II) RADEON(0): 020c010268241b782a4f29a057499b26
(II) RADEON(0): 10484ca4430031594559615981598199
(II) RADEON(0): a94f01010101863d00c05100304040a0
(II) RADEON(0): 1300680e1100001e000000fc00454e56
(II) RADEON(0): 4953494f4e200a202020000000fc0045
(II) RADEON(0): 4e2d393130650a2020202020000000fd
(II) RADEON(0): 0032a01e5f14000a20202020202000d5
(II) RADEON(0): End of Monitor1 EDID data --------------------
(II) RADEON(0): Primary:
Monitor -- CRT
Connector -- DVI-D
DAC Type -- Primary
TMDS Type -- Internal
DDC Type -- DVI_DDC
(II) RADEON(0): PLL parameters: rf=2700 rd=60 min=12000 max=35000; xclk=16600
(WW) RADEON(0): Failed to detect secondary monitor, MergedFB/Clone mode disabled
(==) RADEON(0): Using gamma correction (1.0, 1.0, 1.0)
(II) RADEON(0): Validating modes on Primary head ---------
(II) RADEON(0): monitor1: Using hsync range of 31.00-94.00 kHz
(II) RADEON(0): monitor1: Using vrefresh range of 55.00-160.00 Hz
(II) RADEON(0): Clock range: 12.00 to 350.00 MHz
(II) RADEON(0): Not using default mode "512x384" (bad mode clock/interlace/doublescan)
(II) RADEON(0): Not using default mode "512x384" (bad mode clock/interlace/doublescan)
(II) RADEON(0): Not using default mode "576x432" (bad mode clock/interlace/doublescan)
(II) RADEON(0): Not using default mode "640x480" (bad mode clock/interlace/doublescan)
(II) RADEON(0): Not using default mode "640x480" (bad mode clock/interlace/doublescan)
(II) RADEON(0): Not using default mode "640x512" (bad mode clock/interlace/doublescan)
(II) RADEON(0): Not using default mode "640x512" (bad mode clock/interlace/doublescan)
(II) RADEON(0): Not using default mode "800x600" (bad mode clock/interlace/doublescan)
(II) RADEON(0): Not using default mode "800x600" (bad mode clock/interlace/doublescan)
(II) RADEON(0): Not using default mode "1600x1200" (hsync out of range)
(II) RADEON(0): Not using default mode "896x672" (bad mode clock/interlace/doublescan)
(II) RADEON(0): Not using default mode "1792x1344" (hsync out of range)
(II) RADEON(0): Not using default mode "896x672" (bad mode clock/interlace/doublescan)
(II) RADEON(0): Not using default mode "928x696" (bad mode clock/interlace/doublescan)
(II) RADEON(0): Not using default mode "1856x1392" (hsync out of range)
(II) RADEON(0): Not using default mode "928x696" (bad mode clock/interlace/doublescan)
(II) RADEON(0): Not using default mode "960x720" (bad mode clock/interlace/doublescan)
(II) RADEON(0): Not using default mode "1920x1440" (hsync out of range)
(II) RADEON(0): Not using default mode "960x720" (bad mode clock/interlace/doublescan)
(II) RADEON(0): Not using default mode "576x384" (bad mode clock/interlace/doublescan)
(II) RADEON(0): Not using default mode "700x525" (bad mode clock/interlace/doublescan)
(II) RADEON(0): Not using default mode "700x525" (bad mode clock/interlace/doublescan)
(II) RADEON(0): Not using default mode "800x512" (bad mode clock/interlace/doublescan)
(II) RADEON(0): Not using default mode "1920x1440" (hsync out of range)
(II) RADEON(0): Not using default mode "2048x1536" (hsync out of range)
(II) RADEON(0): Not using default mode "1024x768" (bad mode clock/interlace/doublescan)
(II) RADEON(0): Not using default mode "2048x1536" (hsync out of range)
(II) RADEON(0): Not using default mode "1024x768" (bad mode clock/interlace/doublescan)
(II) RADEON(0): Not using default mode "2048x1536" (bad mode clock/interlace/doublescan)
(II) RADEON(0): Not using mode "480x360" (no mode of this name)
(II) RADEON(0): Not using default mode "1920x1440" (width too large for virtual size)
(II) RADEON(0): Not using default mode "1856x1392" (width too large for virtual size)
(II) RADEON(0): Not using default mode "1792x1344" (width too large for virtual size)
(II) RADEON(0): Not using default mode "1600x1200" (width too large for virtual size)
(II) RADEON(0): Not using default mode "1600x1200" (width too large for virtual size)
(II) RADEON(0): Not using default mode "1400x1050" (width too large for virtual size)
(II) RADEON(0): Not using default mode "1400x1050" (width too large for virtual size)
(--) RADEON(0): Virtual size is 1280x1024 (pitch 1280)
(**) RADEON(0): *Default mode "1280x1024": 157.5 MHz, 91.1 kHz, 85.0 Hz
(II) RADEON(0): Modeline "1280x1024" 157.50 1280 1344 1504 1728 1024 1025 1028 1072 +hsync +vsync
(**) RADEON(0): *Default mode "1152x864": 108.0 MHz, 67.5 kHz, 75.0 Hz
(II) RADEON(0): Modeline "1152x864" 108.00 1152 1216 1344 1600 864 865 868 900 +hsync +vsync
(**) RADEON(0): *Default mode "1024x768": 94.5 MHz, 68.7 kHz, 85.0 Hz
(II) RADEON(0): Modeline "1024x768" 94.50 1024 1072 1168 1376 768 769 772 808 +hsync +vsync
(**) RADEON(0): *Default mode "832x624": 57.3 MHz, 49.7 kHz, 74.6 Hz
(II) RADEON(0): Modeline "832x624" 57.28 832 864 928 1152 624 625 628 667 -hsync -vsync
(**) RADEON(0): *Default mode "800x600": 56.3 MHz, 53.7 kHz, 85.1 Hz
(II) RADEON(0): Modeline "800x600" 56.30 800 832 896 1048 600 601 604 631 +hsync +vsync
(**) RADEON(0): *Default mode "640x480": 36.0 MHz, 43.3 kHz, 85.0 Hz
(II) RADEON(0): Modeline "640x480" 36.00 640 696 752 832 480 481 484 509 -hsync -vsync
(**) RADEON(0): *Default mode "320x240": 18.0 MHz, 43.3 kHz, 85.2 Hz (D)
(II) RADEON(0): Modeline "320x240" 18.00 320 348 376 416 240 240 242 254 doublescan -hsync -vsync
(**) RADEON(0): Default mode "1280x1024": 135.0 MHz, 80.0 kHz, 75.0 Hz
(II) RADEON(0): Modeline "1280x1024" 135.00 1280 1296 1440 1688 1024 1025 1028 1066 +hsync +vsync
(**) RADEON(0): Default mode "1280x1024": 108.0 MHz, 64.0 kHz, 60.0 Hz
(II) RADEON(0): Modeline "1280x1024" 108.00 1280 1328 1440 1688 1024 1025 1028 1066 +hsync +vsync
(**) RADEON(0): Default mode "1280x960": 148.5 MHz, 85.9 kHz, 85.0 Hz
(II) RADEON(0): Modeline "1280x960" 148.50 1280 1344 1504 1728 960 961 964 1011 +hsync +vsync
(**) RADEON(0): Default mode "1280x960": 108.0 MHz, 60.0 kHz, 60.0 Hz
(II) RADEON(0): Modeline "1280x960" 108.00 1280 1376 1488 1800 960 961 964 1000 +hsync +vsync
(**) RADEON(0): Default mode "1152x768": 65.0 MHz, 44.2 kHz, 54.8 Hz
(II) RADEON(0): Modeline "1152x768" 65.00 1152 1178 1314 1472 768 771 777 806 +hsync +vsync
(**) RADEON(0): Default mode "1024x768": 78.8 MHz, 60.0 kHz, 75.0 Hz
(II) RADEON(0): Modeline "1024x768" 78.75 1024 1040 1136 1312 768 769 772 800 +hsync +vsync
(**) RADEON(0): Default mode "1024x768": 75.0 MHz, 56.5 kHz, 70.1 Hz
(II) RADEON(0): Modeline "1024x768" 75.00 1024 1048 1184 1328 768 771 777 806 -hsync -vsync
(**) RADEON(0): Default mode "1024x768": 65.0 MHz, 48.4 kHz, 60.0 Hz
(II) RADEON(0): Modeline "1024x768" 65.00 1024 1048 1184 1344 768 771 777 806 -hsync -vsync
(**) RADEON(0): Default mode "1024x768": 44.9 MHz, 35.5 kHz, 86.9 Hz (I)
(II) RADEON(0): Modeline "1024x768" 44.90 1024 1032 1208 1264 768 768 776 817 interlace +hsync +vsync
(**) RADEON(0): Default mode "800x600": 49.5 MHz, 46.9 kHz, 75.0 Hz
(II) RADEON(0): Modeline "800x600" 49.50 800 816 896 1056 600 601 604 625 +hsync +vsync
(**) RADEON(0): Default mode "800x600": 50.0 MHz, 48.1 kHz, 72.2 Hz
(II) RADEON(0): Modeline "800x600" 50.00 800 856 976 1040 600 637 643 666 +hsync +vsync
(**) RADEON(0): Default mode "800x600": 40.0 MHz, 37.9 kHz, 60.3 Hz
(II) RADEON(0): Modeline "800x600" 40.00 800 840 968 1056 600 601 605 628 +hsync +vsync
(**) RADEON(0): Default mode "800x600": 36.0 MHz, 35.2 kHz, 56.2 Hz
(II) RADEON(0): Modeline "800x600" 36.00 800 824 896 1024 600 601 603 625 +hsync +vsync
(**) RADEON(0): Mode "768x576": 63.1 MHz, 61.6 kHz, 100.0 Hz
(II) RADEON(0): Modeline "768x576" 63.07 768 800 960 1024 576 578 590 616
(**) RADEON(0): Mode "768x576": 50.0 MHz, 50.0 kHz, 79.4 Hz
(II) RADEON(0): Modeline "768x576" 50.00 768 832 846 1000 576 590 595 630
(**) RADEON(0): Default mode "640x480": 31.5 MHz, 37.5 kHz, 75.0 Hz
(II) RADEON(0): Modeline "640x480" 31.50 640 656 720 840 480 481 484 500 -hsync -vsync
(**) RADEON(0): Default mode "640x480": 31.5 MHz, 37.9 kHz, 72.8 Hz
(II) RADEON(0): Modeline "640x480" 31.50 640 664 704 832 480 489 492 520 -hsync -vsync
(**) RADEON(0): Default mode "640x480": 25.2 MHz, 31.5 kHz, 59.9 Hz
(II) RADEON(0): Modeline "640x480" 25.18 640 656 752 800 480 490 492 525 -hsync -vsync
(**) RADEON(0): Default mode "720x400": 35.5 MHz, 37.9 kHz, 85.0 Hz
(II) RADEON(0): Modeline "720x400" 35.50 720 756 828 936 400 401 404 446 -hsync +vsync
(**) RADEON(0): Default mode "640x400": 31.5 MHz, 37.9 kHz, 85.1 Hz
(II) RADEON(0): Modeline "640x400" 31.50 640 672 736 832 400 401 404 445 -hsync +vsync
(**) RADEON(0): Default mode "640x350": 31.5 MHz, 37.9 kHz, 85.1 Hz
(II) RADEON(0): Modeline "640x350" 31.50 640 672 736 832 350 382 385 445 +hsync -vsync
(**) RADEON(0): Default mode "512x384": 22.4 MHz, 35.5 kHz, 86.6 Hz (D)
(II) RADEON(0): Modeline "512x384" 22.45 512 516 604 632 384 384 388 409 interlace doublescan +hsync +vsync
(**) RADEON(0): Default mode "416x312": 28.6 MHz, 49.7 kHz, 74.7 Hz (D)
(II) RADEON(0): Modeline "416x312" 28.64 416 432 464 576 312 312 314 333 doublescan -hsync -vsync
(**) RADEON(0): Default mode "400x300": 28.1 MHz, 53.7 kHz, 85.3 Hz (D)
(II) RADEON(0): Modeline "400x300" 28.15 400 416 448 524 300 300 302 315 doublescan +hsync +vsync
(**) RADEON(0): Default mode "400x300": 24.8 MHz, 46.9 kHz, 75.1 Hz (D)
(II) RADEON(0): Modeline "400x300" 24.75 400 408 448 528 300 300 302 312 doublescan +hsync +vsync
(**) RADEON(0): Default mode "400x300": 25.0 MHz, 48.1 kHz, 72.2 Hz (D)
(II) RADEON(0): Modeline "400x300" 25.00 400 428 488 520 300 318 321 333 doublescan +hsync +vsync
(**) RADEON(0): Default mode "400x300": 20.0 MHz, 37.9 kHz, 60.3 Hz (D)
(II) RADEON(0): Modeline "400x300" 20.00 400 420 484 528 300 300 302 314 doublescan +hsync +vsync
(**) RADEON(0): Default mode "400x300": 18.0 MHz, 35.2 kHz, 56.3 Hz (D)
(II) RADEON(0): Modeline "400x300" 18.00 400 412 448 512 300 300 301 312 doublescan +hsync +vsync
(**) RADEON(0): Default mode "320x240": 15.8 MHz, 37.5 kHz, 75.0 Hz (D)
(II) RADEON(0): Modeline "320x240" 15.75 320 328 360 420 240 240 242 250 doublescan -hsync -vsync
(**) RADEON(0): Default mode "320x240": 15.8 MHz, 37.9 kHz, 72.8 Hz (D)
(II) RADEON(0): Modeline "320x240" 15.75 320 332 352 416 240 244 246 260 doublescan -hsync -vsync
(**) RADEON(0): Default mode "320x240": 12.6 MHz, 31.5 kHz, 60.1 Hz (D)
(II) RADEON(0): Modeline "320x240" 12.59 320 328 376 400 240 245 246 262 doublescan -hsync -vsync
(**) RADEON(0): Default mode "360x200": 17.8 MHz, 37.9 kHz, 85.0 Hz (D)
(II) RADEON(0): Modeline "360x200" 17.75 360 378 414 468 200 200 202 223 doublescan -hsync +vsync
(**) RADEON(0): Default mode "320x200": 15.8 MHz, 37.9 kHz, 85.3 Hz (D)
(II) RADEON(0): Modeline "320x200" 15.75 320 336 368 416 200 200 202 222 doublescan -hsync +vsync
(**) RADEON(0): Default mode "320x175": 15.8 MHz, 37.9 kHz, 85.3 Hz (D)
(II) RADEON(0): Modeline "320x175" 15.75 320 336 368 416 175 191 192 222 doublescan +hsync -vsync
(--) RADEON(0): Display dimensions: (360, 270) mm
(--) RADEON(0): DPI set to (90, 96)
(II) Loading sub module "fb"
(II) LoadModule: "fb"
(II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules//libfb.so
(II) Module fb: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
ABI class: X.Org ANSI C Emulation, version 0.3
(II) Loading sub module "ramdac"
(II) LoadModule: "ramdac"(II) Module already built-in
(==) RADEON(0): Using XAA acceleration architecture
(II) Loading sub module "xaa"
(II) LoadModule: "xaa"
(II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules//libxaa.so
(II) Module xaa: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
compiled for 1.3.0, module version = 1.2.0
(II) RADEON(0): MM_TABLE: 01-0c-0e-17-06-00-2d-66-02-01-00-06-00-07
(!!) RADEON(0): For information on using the multimedia capabilities
of this adapter, please see [url="http://gatos.sf.net"]http://gatos.sf.net[/url].
(II) do I need RAC? No, I don't.
(II) resource ranges after preInit:
[0] 1 0 0xe1000000 - 0xe107ffff (0x80000) MX[B]
[1] 1 0 0xd8000000 - 0xdfffffff (0x8000000) MX[B]
[2] -1 0 0x00100000 - 0x3fffffff (0x3ff00000) MX[B]E(B)
[3] -1 0 0x000f0000 - 0x000fffff (0x10000) MX[B]
[4] -1 0 0x000c0000 - 0x000effff (0x30000) MX[B]
[5] -1 0 0x00000000 - 0x0009ffff (0xa0000) MX[B]
[6] -1 0 0xe5000000 - 0xe5000fff (0x1000) MX[B]
[7] -1 0 0xe5005000 - 0xe5005fff (0x1000) MX[B]
[8] -1 0 0xe5004000 - 0xe50040ff (0x100) MX[B]
[9] -1 0 0xe5003000 - 0xe5003fff (0x1000) MX[B]
[10] -1 0 0xe5002000 - 0xe5002fff (0x1000) MX[B]
[11] -1 0 0xd0000000 - 0xcfffffff (0x0) MX[B]O
[12] -1 0 0xe1000000 - 0xe107ffff (0x80000) MX[B](B)
[13] -1 0 0xd8000000 - 0xdfffffff (0x8000000) MX[B](B)
[14] -1 0 0xe3000000 - 0xe3000fff (0x1000) MX[B](B)
[15] -1 0 0xe4000000 - 0xe4ffffff (0x1000000) MX[B](B)
[16] 1 0 0x000a0000 - 0x000affff (0x10000) MS[B](OprU)
[17] 1 0 0x000b0000 - 0x000b7fff (0x8000) MS[B](OprU)
[18] 1 0 0x000b8000 - 0x000bffff (0x8000) MS[B](OprU)
[19] 1 0 0x00009000 - 0x000090ff (0x100) IX[B]
[20] -1 0 0x0000ffff - 0x0000ffff (0x1) IX[B]
[21] -1 0 0x00000000 - 0x000000ff (0x100) IX[B]
[22] -1 0 0x0000dc00 - 0x0000dc7f (0x80) IX[B]
[23] -1 0 0x0000d800 - 0x0000d80f (0x10) IX[B]
[24] -1 0 0x00000b70 - 0x00000b73 (0x4) IX[B]
[25] -1 0 0x00000970 - 0x00000977 (0x8) IX[B]
[26] -1 0 0x00000bf0 - 0x00000bf3 (0x4) IX[B]
[27] -1 0 0x000009f0 - 0x000009f7 (0x8) IX[B]
[28] -1 0 0x0000f000 - 0x0000f00f (0x10) IX[B]
[29] -1 0 0x0000bc00 - 0x0000bc7f (0x80) IX[B]
[30] -1 0 0x0000b800 - 0x0000b8ff (0x100) IX[B]
[31] -1 0 0x0000b400 - 0x0000b407 (0x8) IX[B]
[32] -1 0 0x00004c40 - 0x00004c7f (0x40) IX[B]
[33] -1 0 0x00004c00 - 0x00004c3f (0x40) IX[B]
[34] -1 0 0x0000e000 - 0x0000e01f (0x20) IX[B]
[35] -1 0 0x00009000 - 0x000090ff (0x100) IX[B](B)
[36] -1 0 0x0000a000 - 0x0000a0ff (0x100) IX[B](B)
[37] 1 0 0x000003b0 - 0x000003bb (0xc) IS[B](OprU)
[38] 1 0 0x000003c0 - 0x000003df (0x20) IS[B](OprU)
(**) RADEON(0): RADEONScreenInit d8000000 0
(**) RADEON(0): Map: 0xd8000000, 0x02000000
(==) RADEON(0): Write-combining range (0xd8000000,0x2000000)
(**) RADEON(0): RADEONSave
(**) RADEON(0): RADEONSaveMode(0x823a118)
(**) RADEON(0): Read: 0x0000003c 0x0007010b 0x00000000
(**) RADEON(0): Read: rd=60, fd=267, pd=7
(**) RADEON(0): RADEONSaveMode returns 0x823a118
(**) RADEON(0): RADEONInitMemoryMap() :
(**) RADEON(0): mem_size : 0x04000000
(**) RADEON(0): MC_FB_LOCATION : 0xdbffd800
(**) RADEON(0): MC_AGP_LOCATION : 0xffffffc0
(**) RADEON(0): RADEONModeInit()
1280x1024 157.50 1280 1344 1504 1728 1024 1025 1028 1072 (16,16) +H +V
1280x1024 157.50 1280 1344 1504 1728 1024 1025 1028 1072 (16,16) +H +V
(**) RADEON(0): Pitch = 10485920 bytes (virtualX = 1280, displayWidth = 1280)
(**) RADEON(0): dc=15750, of=15750, fd=350, pd=1
(**) RADEON(0): RADEONInit returns 0x823aac8
(**) RADEON(0): RADEONRestoreMode()
(**) RADEON(0): RADEONRestoreMemMapRegisters() :
(**) RADEON(0): MC_FB_LOCATION : 0xdbffd800
(**) RADEON(0): MC_AGP_LOCATION : 0xffffffc0
(**) RADEON(0): Map Changed ! Applying ...
(**) RADEON(0): Map applied, resetting engine ...
(**) RADEON(0): Updating display base addresses...
(**) RADEON(0): Memory map updated.
(**) RADEON(0): Programming CRTC1, offset: 0x00000000
(**) RADEON(0): Wrote: 0x0000003c 0x0000015e 0x00000000 (0x0000a700)
(**) RADEON(0): Wrote: rd=60, fd=350, pd=0
(**) RADEON(0): GRPH_BUFFER_CNTL from 20007c7c to 20117c7c
(**) RADEON(0): RADEONSaveScreen(0)
(II) RADEON(0): Depth moves disabled by default
(**) RADEON(0): Setting up initial surfaces
(**) RADEON(0): Initializing fb layer
(**) RADEON(0): Setting up accel memmap
(II) RADEON(0): Memory manager initialized to (0,0) (1280,8191)
(II) RADEON(0): Reserved area from (0,1024) to (1280,1026)
(II) RADEON(0): Largest offscreen area available: 1280 x 7165
(**) RADEON(0): Initializing backing store
(==) RADEON(0): Backing store disabled
(WW) RADEON(0): Direct rendering disabled
(**) RADEON(0): Setting up final surfaces
(**) RADEON(0): Initializing Acceleration
(II) RADEON(0): Render acceleration enabled
(**) RADEON(0): EngineInit (16/16)
(**) RADEON(0): Pitch for acceleration = 160
(**) RADEON(0): EngineRestore (16/16)
(II) RADEON(0): Using XFree86 Acceleration Architecture (XAA)
Screen to screen bit blits
Solid filled rectangles
8x8 mono pattern filled rectangles
Indirect CPU to Screen color expansion
Solid Lines
Dashed Lines
Scanline Image Writes
Offscreen Pixmaps
Setting up tile and stipple cache:
32 128x128 slots
32 256x256 slots
16 512x512 slots
(II) RADEON(0): Acceleration enabled
(**) RADEON(0): Initializing DPMS
(**) Option "dpms"
(**) RADEON(0): DPMS enabled
(**) RADEON(0): Initializing Cursor
(==) RADEON(0): Silken mouse enabled
(II) RADEON(0): Using hardware cursor (scanline 1026)
(II) RADEON(0): Largest offscreen area available: 1280 x 7158
(**) RADEON(0): Initializing color map
(**) RADEON(0): Initializing DGA
(**) RADEON(0): Initializing Xv
(II) Loading sub module "i2c"
(II) LoadModule: "i2c"(II) Module already built-in
(II) RADEON(0): Using Radeon bus access method
(II) RADEON(0): I2C bus "Radeon multimedia bus" initialized.
(II) Loading sub module "fi1236"
(II) LoadModule: "fi1236"
(II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/multimedia//fi1236_drv.so
(II) Module fi1236: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
(II) RADEON(0): I2C device "Radeon multimedia bus:FI12xx Tuner" registered at address 0xC6.
(II) RADEON(0): Detected FQ1216ME/P device at 0xc6
(II) Loading sub module "uda1380"
(II) LoadModule: "uda1380"
(II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/multimedia//uda1380_drv.so
(II) Module uda1380: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
compiled for 4.3.99.902, module version = 1.0.0
(II) Loading sub module "msp3430"
(II) LoadModule: "msp3430"
(II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/multimedia//msp3430_drv.so
(II) Module msp3430: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
(II) RADEON(0): Found MSP3410D, rom version 0x25, chip_id=0x040a
(II) RADEON(0): I2C device "Radeon multimedia bus:MSP34xx" registered at address 0x80.
(II) RADEON(0): Detected MSP3430 at 0x80
(II) Loading sub module "theatre_detect"
(II) LoadModule: "theatre_detect"
(II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/multimedia//theatre_detect_drv.so
(II) Module theatre_detect: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
(II) RADEON(0): No response from device 0 on VIP bus
(II) RADEON(0): Device 1 on VIP bus ids as 0x4d541002
(II) RADEON(0): No response from device 2 on VIP bus
(II) RADEON(0): No response from device 3 on VIP bus
(II) RADEON(0): Detected Rage Theatre as device 1 on VIP bus with id 0x4d541002
(II) RADEON(0): Detected Rage Theatre revision 00000003
(II) RADEON(0): video decoder type is 0x40d8 (BIOS value) versus 0x40d8 (current PLL setting)
(II) RADEON(0): Tuner is on port 0
(II) RADEON(0): Composite connector is port 2
(II) RADEON(0): SVideo connector is port 6
(II) RADEON(0): Rage Theatre: Connectors (detected): tuner=0, composite=2, svideo=6
(II) RADEON(0): RageTheatre: Connectors (using): tuner=0, composite=2, svideo=6
(II) RADEON(0): video decoder type used: 0x0006
(II) RADEON(0): Going to load the corresponding theatre module
(II) Loading sub module "theatre"
(II) LoadModule: "theatre"
(II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/multimedia//theatre_drv.so
(II) Module theatre: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
(II) RADEON(0): Rage Theatre setting standard 0x0000
(**) RADEON(0): RADEONScreenInit finished
(==) RandR enabled
(II) Initializing built-in extension MIT-SHM
(II) Initializing built-in extension XInputExtension
(II) Initializing built-in extension XTEST
(II) Initializing built-in extension XKEYBOARD
(II) Initializing built-in extension XC-APPGROUP
(II) Initializing built-in extension XAccessControlExtension
(II) Initializing built-in extension SECURITY
(II) Initializing built-in extension XINERAMA
(II) Initializing built-in extension XFIXES
(II) Initializing built-in extension XFree86-Bigfont
(II) Initializing built-in extension RENDER
(II) Initializing built-in extension RANDR
(II) Initializing built-in extension COMPOSITE
(II) Initializing built-in extension DAMAGE
(II) Initializing built-in extension XEVIE
(**) Option "CoreKeyboard"
(**) Keyboard1: Core Keyboard
(**) Option "Protocol" "standard"
(**) Keyboard1: Protocol: standard
(**) Option "AutoRepeat" "500 30"
(**) Option "XkbRules" "xorg"
(**) Keyboard1: XkbRules: "xorg"
(**) Option "XkbModel" "pc105"
(**) Keyboard1: XkbModel: "pc105"
(**) Option "XkbLayout" "en_US"
(**) Keyboard1: XkbLayout: "en_US"
(**) Option "XkbOptions" "compose:rwin"
(**) Keyboard1: XkbOptions: "compose:rwin"
(**) Option "CustomKeycodes" "off"
(**) Keyboard1: CustomKeycodes disabled
(**) Option "Protocol" "IMPS/2"
(**) Mouse1: Device: "/dev/mouse"
(**) Mouse1: Protocol: "IMPS/2"
(**) Option "CorePointer"
(**) Mouse1: Core Pointer
(**) Option "Device" "/dev/mouse"
(==) Mouse1: Emulate3Buttons, Emulate3Timeout: 50
(**) Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
(**) Mouse1: ZAxisMapping: buttons 4 and 5
(**) Mouse1: Buttons: 9
(**) Mouse1: Sensitivity: 1
(II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "Mouse1" (type: MOUSE)
(II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "Keyboard1" (type: KEYBOARD)
(II) Mouse1: ps2EnableDataReporting: succeeded

Fatal server error:
could not open default font 'fixed'
(**) RADEON(0): RADEONLeaveVT
(**) RADEON(0): RADEONRestore
(**) RADEON(0): RADEONRestoreMode()
(**) RADEON(0): RADEONRestoreMemMapRegisters() :
(**) RADEON(0): MC_FB_LOCATION : 0xffff0000
(**) RADEON(0): MC_AGP_LOCATION : 0x003fffc0
(**) RADEON(0): Map Changed ! Applying ...
(**) RADEON(0): Map applied, resetting engine ...
(**) RADEON(0): Updating display base addresses...
(**) RADEON(0): Memory map updated.
(**) RADEON(0): Programming CRTC1, offset: 0x00000000
(**) RADEON(0): Wrote: 0x0000003c 0x0007010b 0x00000000 (0x0000a700)
(**) RADEON(0): Wrote: rd=60, fd=267, pd=7
(**) RADEON(0): Ok, leaving now...[/quote]