Compiz Fusion 0.6.0 released!

dexter11

This is the first stable release of Compiz Fusion, the result of more than six months of work and polish. This stable release is based on Compiz Fusion 0.5.2, released on the 13th of August. This release is meant to be used with compiz 0.6.2.

Compiz Fusion is the result of a merge between the Compiz community plugin set "Compiz Extras" and the parts of the Beryl project that are independent of the window manager core. The two communities have re-united to create a user experience for Linux that rivals anything available on other platforms.

Read more...

The 2008 backport of Compiz 0.6.2 and Compiz Fusion 0.6.0 went up today, so if you want to use it on 2008, just set up your backports repositories - go to the repository configuration tool and enable them - then update the appropriate packages (compiz, libcompizconfig, compiz-bcop, compiz-fusion-plugins-main, compizconfig-python, compiz-fusion-plugins-extra, ccsm).

I updated to 0.6.2 from 0.5.2 with MCC (from main_backports), but I'm experiencing some major problems with v0.6.2.

I lost e.g. all my window decoration (the window borders) and could not roll the cube or move windows (i.e. with <alt>+LMB). I couldn't change windows with <alt>+TAB or Super+TAB. In short: I lost all 3D effects and some other window managament items. I experienced same kind of problems earlier also with 2007 Mandriva, but they were corrected in Compiz-Fusion in 2008.0. Now these annoying problems came back.

I had to uninstall the 0.6.2 and install 0.5.2 anew to get a working 3D system back. Anyone else experiencing this?

I'm now using Gnome desktop and the graphics card is MSI NX7600GT-T2D256EZ Club 3D LITE (NVIDIA) PCI-e.

I updated to 0.6.2 from 0.5.2 with MCC (from main_backports), but I'm experiencing some major problems with v0.6.2.

I lost e.g. all my window decoration (the window borders) and could not roll the cube or move windows (i.e. with <alt>+LMB). I couldn't change windows with <alt>+TAB or Super+TAB. In short: I lost all 3D effects and some other window managament items. I experienced same kind of problems earlier also with 2007 Mandriva, but they were corrected in Compiz-Fusion in 2008.0. Now these annoying problems came back.

I had to uninstall the 0.6.2 and install 0.5.2 anew to get a working 3D system back. Anyone else experiencing this?

I'm now using Gnome desktop and the graphics card is MSI NX7600GT-T2D256EZ Club 3D LITE (NVIDIA) PCI-e.

it was a bug and it has been fixed today

it was a bug and it has been fixed today

Nice!

Has it been fixed in a new release version or fixed in the main_backports sources (as in the packages were flawed)?

Is the fix available in main_backports?

Edited by dude67

OK. Is it the one that was updated 25th Oct: 0.6.2-2mdv2008.0 (even though it says 0.6.2-2mdv2008.1 in the changelog)?

I hate to update this only to have it downgraded back. It looses the settings I've made...

Or is it something newer?

Hmmm.... just installed the backports of the latest compiz-fusion... fixed the problem about resizing video, but now there are issues about resizing Gwenview, viewing fullscreen slideshows created with microsoft powerpoint, and with the windows manager periodically crashing...though a lot less than with the last version of compiz-fusion. Also ksmoothdock isn't working properly...

Have I missed a beat? Is it possible I'm missing some essential drivers, or need to make an update I haven't thought of yet? My system seemed more stable under 2007.1, apart from a wireless card problem. Am likely to disable the 3d desktop for a time until I figure out what's going on, or until some updates fix these problems... my system works beautifully then. Cheers People.