bluetooth

Valikhan

I am just wondering to some things in 2008. Everything works fine except such small things as remote control and bluetooth.

I cannot run bluetooth from PC.

[root@localhost indi]# hid2hci

No devices in HCI mode found

[root@localhost indi]# hciconfig

hci0: Type: USB

BD Address: 00:11:67:2C:D0:4F ACL MTU: 678:8 SCO MTU: 48:10

UP RUNNING PSCAN ISCAN

RX bytes:698 acl:0 sco:0 events:23 errors:0

TX bytes:343 acl:0 sco:0 commands:23 errors:0

My phone does not see computer. And that icon in right upper corner just blue highlighted. Clicking on it do nothing, right click brings about program and quit.

[moved from Software by spinynorman]

Ok. Once i deleted all bluetooth devices in the phone, I scanned for new devices. Found PC bluetooth and typed 1234 which is default password. No luck, connection failed. Scanned for new devices again and ran command passkey-agent --default /bin/bluepin, Typed 1234 and PC seems awoke offering me to type password, I put 1234 and I have PC paired with phone. Then nothing again, I cannot send files from the phone to PC, "No devices found". And no options to send files from PC to the phone as before. However, PC got my phone...

[root@localhost indi]# hciconfig

hci0: Type: USB

BD Address: 00:11:67:2C:D0:4F ACL MTU: 678:8 SCO MTU: 48:10

UP RUNNING PSCAN ISCAN

RX bytes:1893 acl:0 sco:0 events:120 errors:0

TX bytes:728 acl:0 sco:0 commands:62 errors:0

[root@localhost indi]# hcitool scan

Scanning ...

00:E0:03:46:4F:D9 Vali

Ok.

After all I did (see above) I went to MCC>Browse and configure hardware just to check again. Ohh, I got bluetooth device in there! Mandriva immediately asked me to install kdebluetooth (kde? I use gnome). I installed that and now I can send files from PC to the dongle via OBEX.

But I cannot send files from the phone to PC. I have installed all kde and gnome packages related to bluetooth. I put PC in visible and discoverable mode. It discoverable in the phone - I got PC under two names: localhost-0 or Computer. Then nothing. Either no active devices found or sending failed. So I can send from PC to the phone but cannot from the phone to PC.