Tesco selling Linux PCs

darkscot

Well, it does say which OS they ship with. ;)

Ubuntu 6.06

Grrr, you got in first :lol2:

P.s. do you think anyone will notice this

Less prone to virus attacks

Anyway, the Linux revolution must be here now as far as the UK is concerned, given Tesco's dominance! (the other day a generic compute mag had an issue totally devoted to getting started with Linux :thumbs:)

Edited by Reiver_Fluffi

These things are good to see, and becoming more and more common. The PC Store that I buy all my stuff from, they will supply you with a system (if you like, I build my own) which all components are natively supported by Linux, and give you a good choice of pre-installed Linux disto's, which includes Mandriva, although they do suggest,

For most people who would like to try Linux as a Windows-alternative, we would recommend the Ubuntu variants for their ease of installation and configuration, and the wide range of add-on software that can be installed for free in a couple of clicks.

nothing wrong with that though, ubuntu is pretty cool.

If your in Australia and looking for PC stuff, check it out.

AusPC Market

Linux Section

Edited by esulcer

Well I have never seen anything Linux oriented where I live in the US. Even the techie-geek store where I buy components doesn't have anything about it. There was a brand new never opened box of some Red-Hat linux system in the thrift store, but that was because I found it in a heap of trsh and took it there myself (I'm kicking myself now).

Best Buy sells Linux. It is generally found on a bottom shelf, rather dusty. American business has difficulty getting away from selling software, although many better IT businesses are now recognizing the value of simply selling services rather than software. Unfortunately, many programs that are extremely specialized are windowcentric. I have an accounting client whose software must use mssql. Very lame. (yes, I tried.)