Ubuntu 7.10 is released!

Artificial Intelligence

It's very nice, I really like it, but thanks to adamw's quick work in fixing/getting fixed a couple of needed apps under Mandriva 2008, I'll be staying with it. I think it's the ducks nuts.

I definitely hate the idea reinstalling every XX months or so.

Yes that is a bit of a pain, but,

7.04 was pretty boring and too noob-oriented for my taste.

I don't mind noob-orientated/user freindliness, myself, but also the ability to dig in deep is also welcome, one thing good about Mandriva, it has the best of both worlds I think. I really liked 7.04, but now I move to Mandriva.

Like I said, I think 7.10 is very nice, I only wish I could use more than 1 distro, but I like just having one, and maybe just having a quick peek at others now and then, but for this round Mandriva won the race for me.

I still hope that the next release will be "horny hare". :D

I doubtly think it would comes to that :lol2:

Yes that is a bit of a pain, but,

No need for re-installation, just make a distro upgrade. Most linux distro (if not all) can do that.

Edited by Artificial Intelligence

I doubtly think it would comes to that :lol2:

No need for re-installation, just make a distro upgrade. Most linux distro (if not all) can do that.

Is it just a case of changing the repos in your sources-list? Reason I ask is I have Ubuntu 7.04 on my machine at home, and fancy upgrading just by using the sources. In fact, if it's like Debian, then it should be just changing this and then:

aptitude update
aptitude upgrade
aptitude dist-upgrade

or at least this is what I'm hoping on :)

Guest garvaag

Despite the popularity of Ubuntu and their success making it into the big headlines in the media, I still prefer Mandriva. I've been using Mandrake and Mandriva primarily since '99. Occasionally I tried other distros to see if I was missing something. I didn't miss anything. Mandriva 2008.0 is the most comlete distro around. It is fun to have dirty hands, but if you need something productive Mandriva is THE distro.

Despite the popularity of Ubuntu and their success making it into the big headlines in the media, I still prefer Mandriva. I've been using Mandrake and Mandriva primarily since '99. Occasionally I tried other distros to see if I was missing something. I didn't miss anything. Mandriva 2008.0 is the most comlete distro around. It is fun to have dirty hands, but if you need something productive Mandriva is THE distro.

This isn't a distro versus distro thread. It's news headlines. Please keep such stuff away.

Does it also work with my Xubuntu 7.04 (Feisty Fawn) installed in VirtualBox?

I'm not sure. But it should be available through synaptic.

------------------------

Another news:

Fluxbuntu: http://fluxbuntu.org/ - 3 days

Edited by Artificial Intelligence