Kevin Carmony CEO for Linspire resigned

Kervin Carmony, CEO for Linspire resigned due to Linspires recent move regarding Microsoft.

A couple of month later he shows up in ubuntuforums.org: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=577927

related thread in Linspire forum: http://forum.freespire.org/showthread.php?t=11697

Kervin Carmony, CEO for Linspire resigned due to Linspires recent move regarding Microsoft.
It makes no sense to me. He was the one who made that deal, wasn't he? I've read the topic on the Linspire forum and 8 pages of the topic on the Ubuntu forum. No one wrote anything like it.

Anyway he seems like a controversial man with great potential.

Maybe he left the sinking ship? Linspire6 seems to be a dead horse, according to some reviews.

Could be;

Some of my good friends and quality employees have also left Linspire and joined Canonical, and I get a sense from them of the excitement, commitment and expectations the Ubuntu team has to really make open source desktop Linux a reality. This is truly where it is at!

---------------

It makes no sense to me. He was the one who made that deal, wasn't he? I've read the topic on the Linspire forum and 8 pages of the topic on the Ubuntu forum. No one wrote anything like it.

Noone really knows who/what/why, so it is speculation. But he actually resigned briefly after the Microsoft deal.

Linspire 6 is pretty uninspiring, according to linux.com:

Former Linspire CEO Kevin Carmony was pretty gung-ho about the company's upcoming release back in June. He said it would "fill some key holes in our current offering." Unfortunately Linspire 6, released last week, lacks the refinements you'd expect in a distro you pay $50 to download. It drops some key distinguishing features, and in return gains only some Microsoft technology as spelled out in the Microsoft patent covenants Linspire agreed to. This release seems to be about deferring to Microsoft.

Some more;

Unfortunately, I have no influence with the leadership presently at Linspire. That's one of the main reason I'm making the change. I believe I actually can have a positive impact via the Ubuntu community. In the end, Michael Robertson overrode some of the most important things I wanted to do when I was CEO at Linspire, which is mainly why I left. If he didn't listen to me when I was CEO, I doubt he'll listen to me now. Ubuntu is a genuine community, and I believe good ideas will find their way into the system.