nvidia driver + kernel-sources [solved]

dijk

Hi. When I install kernel-sources (the installation goes smoothly, by the way) and does a remaster (goes smoothly, too) and then burn the remaster. When I'm booting, I get sent to "Busybox built in shell", ash. Any idea what the problem might be?

I'm using Toronto and the "right" version of kernel-sources. All my previous remasters work perfectly. I'm installing kernel-sources to be able to get the NVIDIA-driver, to get 3D-effects (with Beryl).

By the way, when will the next version be released? It's called "pilota".

Edited by dijk

Well, a live remaster is usually good enough fo minor image changes.

But for major changes (new kernel, initscripts, major packages...) a HD installation is always preferrable.

If you have some harddisk space available, but don't want to disrupt your current OS'es, a convenient solution is installing MDE under VMWare or VirtualBox. The virtual OS is as good as a real one (for 99.5% of the tasks one would wish, anyway).

How do I update the initscripts under a harddisk install?

The usual way you upgrade your system: setting up urpmi repos (via easyurpmi), and either "urpmi --auto-select" (if using urpmi), or "sudo smart update && sudo smart upgrade" if using Smart Package Manager.

MCN should still be set against the 2007.1 repos- unless I'm missing something.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.