How do I share internet from my windows computer?

Guest Valduare

Guest Valduare

i have broadband and a router already. but it is upstairs. i have a windows computer downstairs that has a wireless card in it and it is set up on the net. so i was hoping to just share its internet connection with my laptop.

Guest Valduare

ok i just did some testing and when i enable sharing on my internet connection. then i try to open a browser it dosnt let me access the internet. even though all the settings look correct.

but then i disable sharing again and i am able to browse the internet once again on the host computer.

maby if i fix this problem then i will be able to access the internet on the linux laptop too when sharring is enabled.

any ideas? im stumped

ok i just did some testing and when i enable sharing on my internet connection. then i try to open a browser it dosnt let me access the internet.

From the link I posted

When Internet Connection Sharing is enabled, your LAN adapter will be set to use IP address 192.168.0.1. Your computer may lose connectivity with other computers on your network. If these other computers have static IP addresses, it is a good idea to set them

to obtain their IP addresses automatically.

Have you done this?

I'm sorry I can't be of more help with this, but I don't have a windows pc here to take a look at it.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.