Menu text in K menu panel

fahd

What do you mean by "the button is still big"? If you want to resize it, just click with your right mouse button on the kicker (panel) and choose configuration. You can see that there is a size section in which you can resize the whole kicker.

What do you mean by "the button is still big"? If you want to resize it, just click with your right mouse button on the kicker (panel) and choose configuration. You can see that there is a size section in which you can resize the whole kicker.

I know that, but I don't want to resize kicker, just the button!

After doing all that I said, the button has the same size than after the installation, but with no text, the only thing that worked after reading every single menu issue posts on this forum...

I evene tried to change the image, but it only changes KDE Button, not Mandriva Button... And KDE Button doesn't shows with Kickoff Menu Style, just KDE Menu Style. If I change to KDE Menu Button, the same Kickoff button shows up.

Sorry if my english isn't good.

Thanks

Edited by HolyMurderer

Looks like the Kickoff menu takes the kmenu button image from a different place. You only have to find that place and change the image there. Anyway I use the KDE menu style and I managed to change the kmenu button like this.

Hi,

In kickoff configuration, one needs a file named named kmenu_basic.mng and place as described underneath in order to change the kmenu icon.

So all you need is an Icon of your choice (usually .png) rename it kmenu_basic.mng (Gimp) and then do :

cd /var/lib/mandriva/kde-profiles/powerpack/share/apps/kicker/pics/

mv /home/YOURHOME/Pictures/Tux/kmenu_basic.mng kmenu_basic.mng

then the usual dcop kicker kicker restart and you're done!

Stef

:D

Have you tried this:

Write click on the menu button on the panel, then choose "Switch to default KDE button". This will give you the small "star" only and take a lot less room on your panel.

But then again, you may be talking about something totally different....I'm a non-techie.

Richard

Have you tried this:

Write click on the menu button on the panel, then choose "Switch to default KDE button". This will give you the small "star" only and take a lot less room on your panel.

But then again, you may be talking about something totally different....I'm a non-techie.

Richard

If you try that in Kickoff Menu Mode the button doesn't change, only in KDE Menu Mode. The solution referred before worked.