IPW3945 + WPA

leezer3

Hiya,

I'm having trouble with WPA on my Intel IPW3945 card-

I can connect to WEP & unsecured networks just fine, but WPA just doesn't connect. It seems to get as far as requesting an address from DCHP, but doesn't get any further.

The IPW driver is the current version from the PLF repositories, just about everything else is standard cooker, bar a few custom built libraries (Nothing that should affect things as far as I'm aware, mostly custom support libs)

Thoughts?

-Leezer-

Guest kkristo
Hiya,

I'm having trouble with WPA on my Intel IPW3945 card-

I can connect to WEP & unsecured networks just fine, but WPA just doesn't connect. It seems to get as far as requesting an address from DCHP, but doesn't get any further.

You have same symptom: http://qa.mandriva.com/show_bug.cgi?id=34349

From Mandriva 2008.0 ipw3495 don't work correctly. Some times hangs.. even you use b/g network :(

• 1 month later...

WPA is still broken in the current Cooker builds :(

Dropped my network to WEP for the minute, so its not a major issue, but irritating nonetheless.

Haven't got round to trying the newer driver version, as I'm wondering if I should wait for the merged kernel versions.

Ho hum.

-Leezer-

I'm using Gentoo and have it working with ipw3945 but it's unstabled. After a few hours whole machine locks up. I think the problem is the ipw3945 driver mostly. wpa was working OK even with dhcp.