Can Mandriva 2008 write to NTFS partitions?

darkscot

Isn´t PClinuxOS a fork of mandriva?

Doesn´t PClinuxOS use almost the same tools provided by mandriva?

There are 2 things i like in PClinuxOS:

1 - Wide variety of software in the repos,from cursor icons to kde themes,things to make it graphical more neat.

2 - The ability to once installed in HD,make a livecd of it and it works all the time(can´t figure out why mandriva ships with mklivecd package if it doesn´t work out of the box),even when its updated(cant do that with mcn live).

These for me are the most important diferences between PClinuxOS and Mandriva.

Both are very nice distributions but dont forget that PClinuxOS is a fork of Mandriva as Mandriva was a fork of RedHat, if you don´t agree take a look at mcc/drakconf a.k.a Mandriva Control center/PCLinuxOS Control center they are almost the same except the look the functions are the same.

Cheers....

Isn´t PClinuxOS a fork of mandriva?

PCLinuxOS did start as a fork of Mandriva (well Mndrake 9.2 actually) but I think now it has very much gone its own way.

1 - Wide variety of software in the repos,from cursor icons to kde themes,things to make it graphical more neat.

You can get all that from www.kde-look.org! Why bother cluttering up a repository with thart sort of thing?

2 - The ability to once installed in HD,make a livecd of it and it works all the time(can´t figure out why mandriva ships with mklivecd package if it doesn´t work out of the box),even when its updated(cant do that with mcn live).

Mandriva installs from a Live CD. So you must have had a Live CD to be able to install it. Why do you need something that creates a live CD when you already HAVE a live CD? :huh:

PCLinuxOS did start as a fork of Mandriva (well Mndrake 9.2 actually) but I think now it has very much gone its own way.

Thats true, but Mandriva Control center and PClinuxOS Control center are the same base of code.

You can get all that from www.kde-look.org! Why bother cluttering up a repository with thart sort of thing?

I think what a regular user want is to be able to download and install a rpm of a theme or a cursor theme and then choose it at the kde control center.Somehow PClinuxOS have more kind of this things.More confortable IMHO.

Mandriva installs from a Live CD. So you must have had a Live CD to be able to install it. Why do you need something that creates a live CD when you already HAVE a live CD? :huh:

What i mean is install mandriva tune it to your taste,install software at your will and make a livecd of it,very handy.

Mandriva installs from a Live CD. So you must have had a Live CD to be able to install it. Why do you need something that creates a live CD when you already HAVE a live CD?

Mandriva is not always installed from a LiveCD. Unless I've missed something, MandrivaOne is not the only way to install Mandriva.