Hal?

Arak

Hello,

I just installed a zip drive to my computer (so i can take everything off and move it to a jump drive). When i click on the zip drive icon in the Devices folder, it gives me the message 'Feature only available with HAL'.

I'm sure the solution is super simple but i'm still unfamiliar with this wonderful operating system. How do i activate HAL?

Thanks

Hello,

Thanks for the quick replies. I had to reformat because when i tried to log into linux, it said that '/tmp is full'. This happens every few weeks so i'm used to reformating. (i know my hard drive isn't full either but i'll worry about that later).... (but feel free to help me with this. I know it's some setting that erases /tmp files on boot i just don't know where to do it)

Anyway, i reinstalled everything and also did the 'urpmi hal'.

Now when i go to my device manager, there is no zip icon.

I don't know if this makes a difference but my zip is connected to my motherboard via an IDE card. It's sort of like a card that has extra slots for people that have tons of hardware. Bios finds my zip just fine. When my computer boots up, it shows the IDE card booting up and also says it found a zip drive.

Let me know, thanks!

Arak