Good Linux / Open source websites

ac_dispatcher

So I hit up about three forums.

I hit this forum (obviously), the fedoraforum.org and ubuntuforums.org. I think these are good forums. I've got a laptop so I look at linux-laptop.net pretty frequently for make Dell laptop model. I like Slashdot for news and I just enjoy looking through the projects at Sourceforge.net. I've also taken to looking in Krugle.com for code pieces that I could use. I like coding for math.....so I have started looking at stuff in the Octave project.

I hope this is interesting.

Jon

Edited by JonEberger

I like coding for math.....so I have started looking at stuff in the Octave project.

Jon

Have you tried scilab? It has an IDE with an editor and a debugger and everything, which is an advantage IMO. Besides, they are running a sub-project called scicos, which is supposed to be similar to Simulink. Doesn't work at all, from what I have noticed in the three minutes I tried it, but nevertheless, you must appreciate the courage. It's quite ambitious, to say the least.

my favorites for browsing opensource projects are http://www.ohloh.net/ and http://freshmeat.net/

This OHLOH site got into my favorites. Thanks!

Another vote for Freshmeat - always nice to go through the lists and discover new OS software.

I also like Sourceforge for going through projects and seeing what's being done.

And then for Linux / Unix / OSS news and interesting bits of info, Digg has a dedicated Linux / Unix section which is always full of good stuff.