Ulteo

arctic

I know that some of you have tested Ulteo, the new distro Duval started after he left Mandriva. I wonder if the thing still exists or if it died unnoticed by everyone. Out of curiosity I took a look at their site, the latest news is from early August and it states - more or less - that absolutely nothing happens there. The last bugtracker entry is (iirc) from May 2007 and they apparently searched desperately for developers (and apparently didn't get any). Was/ is Ulteo a huge flop? :huh: To me, it looks just like that...

Even if it's alive Duval seems to make the same mistakes Mandrake had done before. No communication. The forum is very quiet. The latest post is in the topic called "The origin of your nickname". All other posts in the other topics are usually older at least with one or two weeks at best.

The most visible change is the change of the website. It was a little different the last time I saw it back in May.

The bug tracker is currently down.

I was there frequently and did some testing. But since they have assembled a "work crew" to further the project, no information has been shared. I check there occasionally, but I do not even have Ulteo installed at the moment. Lack of information is a real problem for any group. I do not think it is dead; it is just none of our business! :wall: