Arch Linux 2007.08 "Don't Panic" Released

iphitus

Personally I'm disappointed with the trends on pacman3. While it is a major leap forward, it still has a few major issues... It would be better to adopt the (apparently working) pacman3 patches from Frugalware and move ahead instead of getting in that mess and declaring war against them...

Still, Arch is the no.1 distro for me- pacman, aur and kiss is an irrestistible combo.

Personally I'm disappointed with the trends on pacman3. While it is a major leap forward, it still has a few major issues... It would be better to adopt the (apparently working) pacman3 patches from Frugalware and move ahead instead of getting in that mess and declaring war against them...

Still, Arch is the no.1 distro for me- pacman, aur and kiss is an irrestistible combo.

Many patches will be in pacman 3.1. The aim of pacman 3 was to stabilise libalpm, fix up the bugs, and ensure it was working a lot better. pacman 3.1, already has, and will have many of the feature requests closed off and added. Pretty sure a 3.1 release was planned "soon" but you're free to grab it from cvs.

James