Not the usual problems with 9.1, but...

Deke

9.1 upgraded perfectly, the only things that didn't work were things that hadn't worked with 9.0, which my pooter thought was a pig! Except...

One of the things that wouldn't work was the soundcard (Soundblaster live). On my original 8.1 games worked fine, but I couldn't play CDs or get a sound out of the internet. I upgraded to 9.0 and The Sims (The only game I tried) still worked, but without the sound. Since this was just one of a myriad of problems I encountered I didn't pay it much specific notice. I still hadn't got it right by the time 9.1 came out, so I bought a cheap-disc version to see what would happen.

It worked like a dream. My only complaint is that I can't set up my modem and my ADSL and click between them. Oh and...

The Sims doesn't work at all. I still can't get sound off the internet. I still can't play CDs.

So just as an experiment I tried everything all over again. 8.1, upgrade to 9, upgrade to 9.1. Exactly the same thing happened.

Does anyone know if Mandrake has problems with Sound Blaster Live? :?

Yeah. Unlikely, I know. But what else do you suggest?

Don't do an upgrade, do a full install-that's the first thing I would suggest, even tho it sounds like a pain. Upgrades have their own set of isssues, it seems Mandrake hasn't gotten that "feature" working quite right-although it worked fine for me, others complain of issues.

WineX doesn't seem to work right in 9.1, there was an explanation somewhere but I can't remember what exactly it is (or where). WineX is what runs "The Sims", as it's not a native linux game.

Can't help you one the modem/ADSL side of things, as I have no knowledge in that area.