Beryl-core missing from repositories

darkstar

Hi,

Following several packages upgrades I do not find beryl-core to be available, anymore.

This forces me to use compiz(-fusion) as standard desktop eyecandy manager.

Despite its currently poor performance (if compared to standard beryl) I keep getting a segmentation fault when trying to run gset-compiz, thus ending up having a worthless manager.

I’d like to go back and reinstall beryl but it seems impossible due to missing of the core package fro my repositories (all that are available thru easyurpmi).

Can anyone give a good hint? I kinda miss my ol’looking beryl-powered environment.

Thanks

I checked on rpm.pbone.net and find a beryl-core for Mandriva 2007.1 - not sure which version you are running if 2007.0. It exists in the contrib repo, so presuming you have this added:

urpmq --list-media

will give a list of what you've added. Also, ensure that the repo is enabled and not disabled. You can do this within MCC and the install software section - not in Mandy now to tell you where exactly, but it's definitely there.

Guest yaayaa

Hello, I was like you, looking for beryl and forced to use compiz-fusion. But Compiz-fusion is great and in the backports repositories since yesterday. I advice you to do "urpmi.update -a" and "urpmi ccsm compiz-fusion emerald ....". It is quite stable and for me as fast as the former beryl.

Thanks, I'll do.

I have spring 2007.1 and latest complete repostitories enabled (upgraded yesterday) built from easyurpmi.

I tried even removing all packages from both compiz and beryl (including emerald, gset-compiz and the alike to allow a 'fresh' install thru drak3d. But it didn't work....

Beryl-core is only available in the 0.2.0 branch, not in 0.5.2..

I checked on rpm.pbone.net and find a beryl-core for Mandriva 2007.1 - not sure which version you are running if 2007.0. It exists in the contrib repo, so presuming you have this added:

urpmq --list-media

will give a list of what you've added. Also, ensure that the repo is enabled and not disabled. You can do this within MCC and the install software section - not in Mandy now to tell you where exactly, but it's definitely there.

I am not so sure about its performance (speed wise). Beryl was flawlessly doing its job for mr.

In addition to the above I keep having a segmentation fault when invoking gsetcompiz, therefore I can't even configure it :wall:

Once home I'll give it a try again.

Thanks!

Hello, I was like you, looking for beryl and forced to use compiz-fusion. But Compiz-fusion is great and in the backports repositories since yesterday. I advice you to do "urpmi.update -a" and "urpmi ccsm compiz-fusion emerald ....". It is quite stable and for me as fast as the former beryl.

Guest yaayaa
I am not so sure about its performance (speed wise). Beryl was flawlessly doing its job for mr.

In addition to the above I keep having a segmentation fault when invoking gsetcompiz, therefore I can't even configure it :wall:

Once home I'll give it a try again.

Thanks!

Just in case:

I had to modify my /etc/sysconfig/compositing-wm file:

COMPOSITING_WM_START=yes

COMPOSITING_WM=compiz

COMPOSITING_WM_ARGS="ccp"

COMPOSITING_WINDOW_DECORATOR="emerald --replace"

And I use ccsm (not gsetcompiz) as a replacement for beryl-manager.

Besides, I'm a kde user.

I hope it will work for you.