help installing zone minder

nickbg

Thanks Greg for that - I was just being dumb !!

Got that sorted but now seem to have a problem finding something called Perl(X10::ActiveHome)

Where do you guys find all these rpms i just can't be very good at searching !

Any help would be much appreciated

Cheers

Nick

• 6 months later...

@Nick

Probably too late for this update but I also had the same problem some weeks ago playing with the Mandriva One CD 2008.0 and found this link in the ZoneMinder wikki site and worked almost as it's stated there, so I will just write some remarks to leave a precedent for you and/or for future readers.

1. To be able to use ZoneMinder in Mandriva 2008.0 (works for KDE and for GNOME; at least I made it work in both destops separately installed) you need to have the PLF repos enabled, otherwise you can forget it.

2. In the i"Install the RPMs" section, after you try to install the "zm-1.23.1-4mdv2008.0.i586.rpm" package, urpmi will bring some dependency options with 4 packages, some like this:

root@localhost zoneminder]# urpmi zm-1.23.0-2mdv2008.0.i586.rpm
In order to satisfy the 'apache' dependency, one of the following packages is needed:
1- apache-mpm-prefork-2.2.6-8.1mdv2008.0.i586: Implements a non-threaded, pre-forking web server (stable) (para instalar)
2- apache-mpm-event-2.2.6-8.1mdv2008.0.i586: Implements a hybrid multi-threaded multi-process web server (experimental) (para instalar)
3- apache-mpm-worker-2.2.6-8.1mdv2008.0.i586: Implements a hybrid multi-threaded multi-process web server (experimental) (para instalar)
4- apache-mpm-itk-2.2.6-8.1mdv2008.0.i586: Implements a non-threaded, pre-forking web server (experimental) (para instalar)
¿Qué elige? (1-4)

I did not select any and pressed <Enter> (probabily the number One was selected, I'm not sure for this), which brought me a new dialog:

In order to satisfy the 'php' dependency, one of the following packages is needed:
1- apache-mod_php-5.2.4-2mdv2008.0.i586: The PHP5 HTML-embedded scripting language for use with apache (para instalar)
2- php-fcgi-5.2.4-2mdv2008.0.i586: PHP5 CGI interface with FastCGI support (para instalar)
3- php-cli-5.2.4-2mdv2008.0.i586: PHP5 CLI interface (para instalar)
4- php-cgi-5.2.4-2mdv2008.0.i586: PHP5 CGI interface (para instalar)

and here I selected the number ONE and brought me a new dialog with a dependency satisfaction thing which I accepted... and that was all

Hope this will help you or some newcomers in the future

Kind Regards

EDIT: The ZoneMinder HowTo has already been updated.

Edited by LuisC-SM