kernel-tmb-desktop (utf8 error)

scoonma

Hi John & all,

sorry I didn't notice your posting before (right in this moment I tried to answer it went away). So I can give but only few advice on this: I had the same issue (utf8 error plus character input accepted, but invisible) after switching to the cooker. I also chose the new kernel (2.6.22-3 at that time). However, the error was hard to replicate, and even simply disappeared sometimes after simply logging out and logging in again. Now cooker seems more stable after all, and that problem has gone. I've also upgraded an recompiled to kernel version 2.6.22-5 with my personal adjustments.

Greetings,

scoonma

Thanks Scoonma.

What you described is exactly what I described so I now feel comfortable in knowing that it was a problem experienced exactly by someone else and not just something that had necessarily from some actions on my part.

Because I got no responses and because it wasn't really important to me other a way to learn a little more when I got the error messages I asked mods or admins to delete the post.

Actually I did learn a few things, odd things but more experience never the less.

I am much less fearful of the system even though I now days have very little fear or intimidation of my favorite Mandriva.

Thanks for your interest and reply just the same. Cheers. John.

Edited by AussieJohn