proof of concept! but now my installed image grows

mindwave

[root@localhost mindwavex]# du -s /home/mindwavex

2.4G /home/mindwavex

That is really huge. You need to figure out what part of that you really need.

du --max-depth=1 /home/midwavex

would help show where all that stuff is being stored.

Note that you may have a bunch of junk in /home/mindwavex/tmp

Also do du -s /*

well see when the original issue started. where the image jumped fom 3.1 to 4.4 gb there were no old iso's. It was only after I posted the original that I tried another master and didnt delete it,

But you do not know what you had then and furthermore, when you ask for help you give contradictory answers. That makes it very very hard to help you.

Your /home directoy contains 2.5G of stuff. That is a HUGE home directly.

What I would guess is that when you erased stuff, it ended up in your unemptied wastebacket in /home/midwavex/tmp.

However to see what is going on we need to see what the size of the directories are in your home directory.

du --max-depth=1 /home/mindwavex

will tell you what the size is of each of the subdirectories. Find the big ones. Erase what should not be there. Get your home directory down to a few MB, not GB.

Also what is the output of df?

actually the "conflicting" statements were spread out over several sessions and attempts.

I scrapped that install and started over, this time w/o evolution or vbox, and everything seems to be working fine.

I will add vbox next, but i think maybe evolution brings too much gnome with it for my tastes, and thats probably what was throeing me off.

right niw, i'm sitting at a nice comfortable 2.1GB (before vbox) so i'll let you know what vbox adds.

thanks for your input though

j

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.