Pantone Huey is now supported under Linux, maybe

VeeDubb

I've discovered a linux project to make it possible to adjust your desktop colors using a pantone huey, that is FAR simpler than trying to use one of the higher end colorimiters and Argyll. (not to mention cheaper since a huey is about 1/3rd the cost of a colorimiter that will work with Argyll or lprof)

It's available here- http://sourceforge.net/projects/mcalib

I'm hoping that somebody out there has access to a huey so they can test this before I run out and buy one.

Some notes on testing this:

You'll need 'scons' to compile/install the program which is available at www.scons.org

If you've already used Argyll, lprof or a Windows application to generate an icc profile for your monitor, you can remove the profile with the following command

xcalib -clear

Don't worry, it won't have any effect on what you've done to make the profile load automatically. Once X restarts, it will reload your profile.

If you're running Monica, Nvidia-Settings or manually entering gamma corrections using xgamma, be sure you reset all those values first.

In addition to scons, you'll also need xgamma. Almost every distro out there comes with xgamma, but for some reason, mandriva 2007 didn't install it by default for me. Don't worry, if 'xgamma' doesn't return current gamma values from the command line, you can install xgamma from the MCC. If you're using a different distro, it's almost certainly there already.

Let me know if it functions at all, and how well you think it works if it does.

"It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from there."

[moved from Software by spinynorman]