Mandriva Linux 2008 Beta 1 available!

dexter11

ffi: that's not the general state of Cooker right now. I run Cooker permanently and my keyboard, NVIDIA driver, USB storage, Flash, and all GTK+ apps are working fine. (Don't have a scanner, haven't tried KDE4 yet). Something got broken in your install, you might want to reinstall it.

nVidia and USB magically fixed themselves but my usb keyboard (i just popped an old ps/2 keyboard and it works fine) is still borked and also some, like flash and vuze(=azureus 3.0) but not all, gtk-apps, there is even a mention in the kdebase changelog that a workaround has been made to get flash to work with the new gtk but other apps are also affected by the new gtk, flash now works with konqueror and firefox but not opera

Edited by ffi

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nVidia and USB magically fixed themselves but my usb keyboard (i just popped an old ps/2 keyboard and it works fine) is still borked and also some, like flash and vuze(=azureus 3.0) but not all, gtk-apps, there is even a mention in the kdebase changelog that a workaround has been made to get flash to work with the new gtk but other apps are also affected by the new gtk, flash now works with konqueror and firefox but not opera

Someone please tell me how on earth mandriva screws up usb keyboard support... it'd take a *ridiculously* broken installation to mess that up, something like that just simply shouldnt happen.

The keyboard works partially but keys but only the part on the left side (ie the regular keys) not the cursor keys, the numeric keypad nor the block with del and insert etc. maybe this can point someone in the direction...

edit: the keyboard works under console just not under X

Edited by ffi

edit this is an example from xev both are from presing delete both keyboards are plugged in:

KeyPress event, serial 30, synthetic NO, window 0x1400001,

root 0x1a5, subw 0x0, time 1764946434, (101,91), root:(104,135),

state 0x10, keycode 119 (keysym 0x0, NoSymbol), same_screen YES,

XLookupString gives 0 bytes:

XmbLookupString gives 0 bytes:

XFilterEvent returns: False

KeyRelease event, serial 30, synthetic NO, window 0x1400001,

root 0x1a5, subw 0x0, time 1764946530, (101,91), root:(104,135),

state 0x10, keycode 119 (keysym 0x0, NoSymbol), same_screen YES,

XLookupString gives 0 bytes:

KeyPress event, serial 30, synthetic NO, window 0x1400001,

root 0x1a5, subw 0x0, time 1764953527, (101,91), root:(104,135),

state 0x10, keycode 107 (keysym 0xffff, Delete), same_screen YES,

XLookupString gives 1 bytes: (7f) ""

XmbLookupString gives 1 bytes: (7f) ""

KeyRelease event, serial 30, synthetic NO, window 0x1400001,

root 0x1a5, subw 0x0, time 1764953668, (101,91), root:(104,135),

state 0x10, keycode 107 (keysym 0xffff, Delete), same_screen YES,

XLookupString gives 1 bytes: (7f) ""

107 seems to be the correct keycode (that's what my delete key gives, anyway). Is the one that gives 119 the one that doesn't work?

Yeah, and in Ubuntu 107 is also given (this is just one example but many keys are messed) but I am hoping an update will magically fix it, don't have time right now to go bug-hunting :sad:

I tried that already, I tried many different lay-outs and I also tied deleting xorg.conf. On a releted note lspcidrake, mousedrake and harddrake seg/fault since wednesday, don´t know if this has been fixed, I won´t be home till thuesday to check (and maybe fill out a bug/report)

Is there a guesstimate/release schedule for Mandriva2008, and could you kindly point me in that direction. I been looking on the Mandriva website, but I can never find anything there, well that's a exaggeration, but it is very unintuitive, at least for me.

Thanks

adamw, is there going to be an early seeders program for the 2008 release, I know the last one was a bit of a, well, not the best, but will there be?

I have missed out on the last couple, by the time I found out, it was to late, it was closed. How can I be sure not to miss out this time around, if there is to be one, without being a regular visitor of the official forums? Any chance of an Email mail out to club members, alerting them to the fact that Mandriva is now accepting submissions for early seeders or something?