install shake

Guest CJNINE

Guest CJNINE

i'm trying to install shake 4 onto mandriva 2007 free i have the shake 4 folder under /home/username within the shake folder i have the license. dat file which is all good but i can't execute the shake.exe file everytime i try to execute it with the program wine it comes up with an error saying "bad EXE format for" that's all it says

so if someone can please let me know what to do i appreciate it thanks

[moved from Software by spinynorman - welcome aboard :)]

Guest CJNINE

i can't use windows shake 4 is only for linux or a mac and i don't have a mac nor can i buy one there for there has to be a way to open these .exe files in linux and install shake 4 on linux

Shake is a Mac only application. I'm not sure how you would get it to run in Linux. Probably not possible since it relies on OS X' cocoa environment.

But what puzzles me is that you have exe files. .exe is the Windows executable file format. You can run them using WINE (and some luck) - but Shake shouldn't have them.

Shake is a Mac only application. I'm not sure how you would get it to run in Linux. Probably not possible since it relies on OS X' cocoa environment.

"Shake for Linux is available through Apple Pro Resellers for $4999." See: http://www.apple.com/shake/

But what puzzles me is that you have exe files. .exe is the Windows executable file format. You can run them using WINE (and some luck) - but Shake shouldn't have them.

CJNINE is there a trial version for Shake for Linux?

If it is actually a linux binary, the .exe suffix should pose no problem. It may contain a self-extracting script (okay, not exactly that, but you know what I mean).

@cjnine: You should be able to launch the exe in a terminal, i.e. by typing:

"./shake.exe"

./ denominates the current directory and is mandatory if you want to execute a program from the folder you're in at the moment.

HTH,

scoonma

I didn't, Apple did if it's a typo. Look at the page I linked, scroll down, on the right side there's a box called "Buy shake". It maybe just a very expensive software.

Yeah, the Apple site says 4999 - but I know the Mac version is around $500, so it must be a typo on Apple's side.