Show off your Desktop - August 2007

spinynorman

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

I though we might as well videos of our desktops (3d) so here is mine, rename the file as a .avi and visualise at low size (half or quarter size of screen)

Stef

Hi,

Is this download working or not? MUB would not let me upload the .avi so I changed it to .txt. To play I think one just needs to remove the .txt extension and then put the avi back. Then Playing it with kaffeine should be ok.

Tell me if it does not work please!

Stef

Hi,

Is this download working or not? MUB would not let me upload the .avi so I changed it to .txt. To play I think one just needs to remove the .txt extension and then put the avi back. Then Playing it with kaffeine should be ok.

Tell me if it does not work please!

Stef

It's working alright. Nice desktop, btw.

It's working alright. Nice desktop, btw.

OK... Now you'll have to tell me how to DL it as a file.

All I get is (i) gibberish in Moz FF when clicking the link or (ii) index.php when choosing "save link as" with RMB. If I do the latter and rename the file .avi - it will not play in WinXP Winamp or Win Media player...

How did you do it?

I'm currently confined in Win-land at work, but the same happend in my MDV 2007S (with FF).

Thanks, that did the trick... :thumbs:

Why did it not work when I DL'ed it as index.php, renamed it at that point and tried to play it? At least in WinXP it didn't work.

Well more to the point, nice looking cube there - a bit too green for my taste, but 3D (which I currently cannot run for some reason).

Well more to the point, nice looking cube there - a bit too green for my taste, but 3D (which I currently cannot run for some reason).

Hi there!

Sorry about the green, I thought it was trendy...

http://www.howtoforge.com/3d_desktop_on_mandriva_2007_spring

That is a good link to possibly repair your 3d desktop, although a lot of people find it a bit useless (just an "eye candy") I find it useful to switch (in style) between applications. It also is a good advertising tool when trying to persuade my friends to give the old penguin a try!

Stef