MCNLive Delft HD install :) check it out

vinnywright

All right I wanted to test the installer ( I'v done uthers that dident preform so well ) so I dusted off and got functioning a old no name box------------------------------------Pentium III (Katmai) 534.639MHz Processor 158MB RAM 1-?Samsung Model: ?WN321620A (2.16 GB) HD as /home 1-?Western Digital Corp.Model: ?AC13200B (3.2 GB) as / and 208836k of the 2.16 HD as swap and A ?ATI Technologies Inc-?3D Rage LT Pro AGP-133 video card.

AND it went of without a hitch the 1'st time :D used lilo for the boot loader and allmost every thing seams to work (so far) in fact im on it now posting this B) hears the top of a TOP readout

Tasks: 81 total, 1 running, 80 sleeping, 0 stopped, 0 zombie

Cpu(s): 5.6%us, 1.3%sy, 0.0%ni, 93.0%id, 0.0%wa, 0.0%hi, 0.0%si, 0.0%st

Mem: 158296k total, 155028k used, 3268k free, 464k buffers

Swap: 208836k total, 44324k used, 164512k free, 44160k cached

wile using KDE with Konqueror, Mandriva linux control center,and a Konsole all gowing at once. HOWEVER my favorit thing beryl 3D wont go :P O well I gess the low mem is geting me sence I think the video card shuld be ok ?????? SO wut ya think about 3D------------------ and your cool distro working no this antique box :D

:thumbs: VINNY :thumbs:

You could install it with 158MB RAM? Wow, I did not know this is possible. You had the swap before you started the install, right?

You won't have much luck with the ATI Rage and 3D desktop, I am afraid :P

Ok, now make your system faster.

Disable all this junk in the KDE taskbar, on the right, in particular the net monitor. First tell him not to start at all, then stop it. This will save you 20 MB RAM. Stop the flag=keyboard layout.

If you have enough room on your /, then install the kernel-legacy-2.6.17.13mdv rpm. Reboot into the _new_ kernel, if it works un-install the other one.

This will speed up your system :-)

:D ----Well yes I did use a Gparted live cd to pre partition+format (ext2) the HD's and a linux swap partition ;) then let the instaler witch had corectley identafied them mount the one as root and the uther as /home + the swap. and reformat them then instald lilo to the mbr on hda pointing to boot hdb1 ( the larger of the 2 HD's ----------------however the age of the old hardware showed it's self wile letting the packedg updater install 87 updates and it locked up when the / HD went south :wall: ?????? think it will fit on a 1.8 GB partition :unsure: :lol2: :lol2: I think Ill try it later just for gigels until I can obtane a nuther HD for it! well as I sead in this thred https://mandrivausers.org/index.php?showtopic=42949 post#3 this delft is cool -------O ya it ended up runing in ram for 3 day's + without a glitch befor the wife had to have her windows back. :lol2: as reported in the linked thred..................I'v allso got toronto & manderiva one spring around hear somware? one of these will probabley be my next instald linux sys. that is on my next box!! I'll keep my curent one on my HP (Ultimalinux 8.1) sence I'v spent over a year using tweking and geting to know it ;) and well it's fine so why mess with it but out of the 9 or so live cd's I'v got ISO's for It's MCNLive delft for me sence it will copy2ram in 512 so yyyyaaaaaaaeee Delft :D

:thumbs: VINNY :thumbs:

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.