kde keyboard shortcuts

lawsonrc

I have Mandriva 2007.1 Spring Powerpack. I am very familiar with using KDE's keyboard shortcut module to set up my own keyboard shortcuts. However, I am stumped in doing the following:

I would like to set up a keyboard shortcut for my Home folder:for example Alt+Ctrl+H. Also, of lower priority, would be setting up a keyboard shortcut to open up the file manager Konqueror.

The strange thing is that neither appear in the Mandriva's KDE start menu. If they were, then I could use the Command Shortcut tab in the KDE keyboard shortcut module; this tab allows you to set your own keyboard shortcuts for applications (I was able to set one up for Konsole this way.)

[bTW, in Gnome, they have the option to make a keyboard shortcut for the Home folder and for Terminal. Strange that KDE doesn't. But I"m primarily a KDE guy and not a Gnome guy (though I do like Gnome in Linux Mint).]

I appreciate all help.

Many thanks!

Richard L.

[moved from Software by spinynorman]

Are you looking for the command used, I am not sure?

Open the home folder is:

konqueror /home/username

Open the filemanager with the default setting is:

konqueror --profile filemanagement

You can create personal profiles within konqueror, save them and start konqueror with these profiles.

More in a terminal: konqueror --help

and:

konqueror --profiles

In kde, keyboard shortcuts are not restricted to those items appearing on the "start menu". Go into Control Center>Regional & Accessibility>Input Actions. Create a new group by hitting the "New Group" button; name it "MyGroup" or anything else you want. Select MyGroup from the list and then hit the "New Action" button select a name for your new action and select "Keyboard Shortcut" in the Action Type drop down menu. From there, it's pretty self explanatory - you create the key combination for the shortcut by ticking the Keyboard Shortcut tab and then you designate the command you want by going to the "Command/URL Settings" tab. You can go anywhere in your filesystem in that tab. If you just want to open your home directory type in /home/<username> in the field provided.