WL-138gE Wireless Card Recognition/Configuration

Orann

Recently after being unable to connect to the internet using my Older USB wireless adapter(My old thread, here I thought was getting off topic, and that I could get some more accurate help here), I've gone out and bought an ASUS WL-138gE Wireless PCI Adapter (using the BCM4318 [AirForce One 54g] 802.11g Wireless LAN Controller chipset from the Broadcom Corporation).

I assumed that Mandriva would be able to detect this, and that I would be able to simply use NDISwrapper via the network install interface to utilize the card. Unfortunately, it has gone far less smoothly, and I'm unable to connect to the wireless network at all.

The wireless card is being recognized as device "eth0", an ethernet device. I assume this is meant to be "wlan0".

This can be seen in the following screen captures:

http://explorannator.plebsquad.com/albums/...ions_screen.JPG

Concolse_showing_iwconfig.JPG

As you can see in above SS, it says I have no wireless connections, when the card itself in eth0 says it's wireless, ugh.

I assumed I may be able to solve this by installing the windows drivers for it. Here is the process I followed using the GUI:

http://explorannator.plebsquad.com/albums/...connection1.JPG

Upon selecting that option, I am asked to select firmware for the device (Which is apparently configured using the bcm43xx drivers (Which are causing me problems) already). If I select the windows firmware (.sys file) the computer locks up and refuses to start up and I have to reformat it entirely and reinstall mandriva. If I hit cancel, the following comes up:

http://explorannator.plebsquad.com/albums/...connection3.JPG

As you can see, It's attempting to use the bcm43xx drivers (Which i have not specified, this is off a clean install). This happens even after I blacklisted those drivers in /etc/modprobe.conf.

Anyway, I figured ti was probably a better idea to use the windows drivers that came with the device. Upon selecting this option, I am given this screen, having already installed bcmwl5.inf in Konsole.

http://explorannator.plebsquad.com/albums/...connection5.JPG

if I hit OK here, this is what comes up:

http://explorannator.plebsquad.com/albums/...connection7.JPG

I have tried getting the device to work graphically, by using this method, and by installing it simply in Terminal itself (Using Ndiswrapper -i drivername.inf, modprobe ndiswrapper).

I'm feeling as if it's becoming helpless. I've already bought a new network card to connect to the wireless network, and have spent the last week trying for a really ridiculous amount of time to configure it. I can't use iwconfig to connect it as a wireless device, because it detects it as ethernet.

I really cant stress enough how vital it is to be connected to the network for me. if I had the money on me, I would have no doubt turned back to windows by now out of pure convenience, but having just bought a new computer, I cannot. I do like how Mandriva runs, but it's worthless if i cant connect to the network and internet with it.

Someone, please help!

Edit: As an afterthought, it might be relevant that I'm running the 64bit Version of Mandriva.

Sorry to hear you're having so much trouble installing a wireless card. I have no experience with 64 bit but I have had a great deal of experience with wifi cards. A visit to this site Click Here

should reveal the best driver to use for your card via ndiswrapper. Of course you need to know what chipset the card uses, even though it says broadcom you may need to have a look on the chip itself as there are a good many different broadcom chips.

When setting up a network connection you need to select wlan0 as the network adapter as auto detection will come up with eth0 as default. I have set up a good few network cards using drakconf in this manner and all of them are now working, at least three at the moment.

I hope this is of some help to you.

First of all, thanks for replying;

Sorry to hear you're having so much trouble installing a wireless card. I have no experience with 64 bit but I have had a great deal of experience with wifi cards. A visit to this site Click Here

should reveal the best driver to use for your card via ndiswrapper. Of course you need to know what chipset the card uses, even though it says broadcom you may need to have a look on the chip itself as there are a good many different broadcom chips.

I found my chip in the NDISwrapper lists, here's the info:

Card: Broadcom Corporation BCM4318 AirForce One 54g 802.11g Wireless LAN Controller (rev 02)

Ndiswrapper version: 1.1-4

Chipset name: Broadcom BCM4318

PCIID: 02:03.0 (rev 02)

Windows driver location: http://biginoz.free.fr/linux/bcmwl5a.inf. Also need .sys file http://biginoz.free.fr/linux/bcmwl5.sys

Using Ubuntu 5.10 on Dell Inspiron 1300

I downloaded the sys file, but the .inf file just brings me up a page of text. I copied it into a notepad document (The computr I'm using to browse this is running windows), so what should I do with that to get it to work as a .inf?

When setting up a network connection you need to select wlan0 as the network adapter as auto detection will come up with eth0 as default. I have set up a good few network cards using drakconf in this manner and all of them are now working, at least three at the moment.

I hope this is of some help to you.

I see what you are saying here, but I dont know where to select this. In what screen/menu do I define the card as wlan0 instead of eth0?

Thanks for replying, but I still don't see how I should go about configuring the card from here. I'm sorry to be a trouble, but if you could walk me through the steps you are proposing quickly, that'd be helpful.

Hmm. Not being able to load the ndiswrapper module is a genuine problem, not a bug in the wizard.

What happens if you run this at a console, as root?

modprobe ndiswrapper

I'm wondering if bcm43xx is conflicting with it.

Edited by adamw

Hmm. Not being able to load the ndiswrapper module is a genuine problem, not a bug in the wizard.

What happens if you run this at a console, as root?

modprobe ndiswrapper

Aye, I've tried that. It runs, seemingly successfully, no errors, just another command line pops up underneath it as if I'd just hit enter. Dosen't fix the problem though.

I'm wondering if bcm43xx is conflicting with it.

Well that's what I thought for a while, but I've done everything I can think of short of deleting it in the directory itself to keep it out of my system:

• Added "Blacklist bcm43xx" to modprobe.conf
  • Created a file "Blacklist" in modprobe.d and added bcm43xx to it (just in case it wants to pretend it's Ubuntu)
  • Removed the line "Alias Eth0 bcm43xx" from modprobe.conf
  • Removed bcm43xx from, and added a blacklist commend to "module" and some other modprobe files

Is there anything I've missed? Should I actually track it down and hit it with a delete button?

Just a side note here, I had the idea that NDISWrapper might be displaying that message because the Kernel source was not installed. I figured that might be causing me some problems, so I went to track it down (Apparently it's on CD3, but I checked them all) and Lo and behold, it's not on the x86_64 cd's. Not even the stripped version.

Before I managed to get my CD's I accidentally torrented a DVD version, so I checked that, and that had the stripped version (but not the full source). What's going on there?! sebs crazy to not even put it on the CD's.

Will the stripped source work for me? I guess I'll install it anyway and will be able to tell you that. Why is the source not on the CD's or the DVD of the 64 bit version? Makes no sense to me.

P.P.S: Downloading it from one of the FTP sites it going to be a real hassle considering I broke my monthly downloads limit with the second download of Free, and now I'm running at 64k at best.

Edit/Update: Unsurprisingly, installing the stripped source code via the .RPM in the DvD iso has absolutely no effect on anything. Guess I'd better start downloading the full source...

Edited by Orann

Will you post the reply to

ndiswrapper -l

and that is -L not -I and run as root.

As an after thought please check in '/etc/ndiswrapper' and make sure you have the firmware i.e. 'bcm4318.sys' in the same directory as the driver file.

Edited by SilverSurfer60

Will you post the reply to
ndiswrapper -l

and that is -L not -I and run as root.

Certainly. While I was at it, I got all the other ndiswrapper-command based info I could for you, just in case:

[root@localhost matt]# ndiswrapper -l
Installed drivers:
bcmwl5		  driver installed, hardware present
[root@localhost matt]# ndiswrapper -v
utils version: 1.8
driver version:		1.21
vermagic:	   2.6.17-5mdv SMP mod_unload gcc-4.1
[root@localhost matt]# modprobe ndiswrapper
[root@localhost matt]#

As an after thought please check in '/etc/ndiswrapper' and make sure you have the firmware i.e. 'bcm4318.sys' in the same directory as the driver file.

/etc/ndiswrapper contains one folder, named bcmwl5 (The name of my driver), which contains various config files, the .inf file and the .sys file (So yes, the firmware is in there).

I did have the .sys file in the same directory as the .inf when I ran ndiswrapper on the driver.

Let me know If I can provide any more info, and thanks for the help.

From what I see so far everything seems in order. Now check /etc/modprobe.conf and you should have a line 'alias wlan0 ndiswrapper' if it's not there then add it at the bottom of the list. Then check '/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts' for a script 'ifcfg-wlan0', if it's not there you will need to add one. I assume at this point you know how to do that, remembering to chmod to a+x

It should contain all your connection properties as in the example below. I have blanked out certain private details.

DEVICE=wlan0
BOOTPROTO=dhcp
ONBOOT=yes
METRIC=35
MII_NOT_SUPPORTED=no
USERCTL=yes
RESOLV_MODS=no
WIRELESS_MODE=Managed
WIRELESS_ESSID=ANY
WIRELESS_ENC_KEY=xxxxxxxxxxxx
IPV6INIT=no
IPV6TO4INIT=no
DHCP_CLIENT=dhclient
DHCP_HOSTNAME=xxxxxxxxxx
NEEDHOSTNAME=no
PEERDNS=yes
PEERYP=yes
PEERNTPD=no

If all goes well you should be able to restart your network and have a favorable result with the command 'ifconfig' in the console.

Excuse me if I missed anything no doubt I will be told about it :P) and best of luck.

Edited by SilverSurfer60

Thanks for the effort in replying, I do appreciate it.

Unfortunatley, No dice with your idea. You'll probably understand it better than I do/did, so here is the result of iwconfig so you can se what I mean.

Apparently it no longer even recognizes the wireless card as eth0, and nothing shows up at all!

[root@localhost matt]# iwconfig wlan0 mode managed
Error for wireless request "Set Mode" (8B06) :
SET failed on device wlan0; No such device.
[root@localhost matt]# iwconfig
lo		no wireless extensions.

sit0	  no wireless extensions.

Cringe?

And when I looked it up in Hardware config (It is lister under ethernetcard), This is the info it had for me:

Identification
Vendor: ?Broadcom Corp.

Description: ?BCM4318 [AirForce One 54g] 802.11g Wireless LAN Controller

Media class: ?NETWORK_OTHER

Connection
Bus: ?PCI

Bus PCI #: ?1

PCI device #: ?10

PCI function #: ?0

Vendor ID: ?0x14e4

Device ID: ?0x4318

Sub vendor ID: ?0x1043

Sub device ID: ?0x100f

Misc
Module: ?bcm43xx

Ugh, there seems to be an almost never ending stream of solutions that keep doing what appears to be nothing, or making the problem worse! Argh, I don't know what to do. I appreciate the help so far, Any chance someone could pull out a clever Idea.

P.S: I installed the full source code, and it did absolutely nothing, as if it had never happened. apparently the Ndiswrapper error is not because of a lack of that. I've been looking around for solutions for a ridiculously long time now, and cant find anything that might be causing it, or any solution to it. I might try installing a newer version of NDISWrapper, does anyone know where I could find an RPM file of the latest version, or how I might install it via the tarball that is downloaded from their site?

For a 64 bit system, I compile from source. But the latest rpm seems to work just fine for me.

After removing bcm43xx and being sure it does not load, modprobing ndiswrapper should have brought the lights on. The reason they did not initially was because bcm43xx is given precedent by the system. Personally, I have never gotten it to work with any wireless device, so I use ndiswrapper.

Ndiswrapper acknowledged that the device was identified. The reason it did not activate was because of interference from bcm43xx. Without any other edits, if ndiswrapper sees the device, at that time launch Mandriva Control Center and configure it from there.

I recommend going back to the point where you had ndiswrapper loaded and you then removed bcm43xx.

So, 1) remove your edits in oeder to start over.

2) Assure that bcm43xx is not loading.

3) Modprobe ndiswrapper (to be sure it is loaded.)

4) Associate ndiswrapper with the windows driver.

5) Open Mandriva Control Center and configure your wireless.

I have successfully used ndiswrapper following these steps many times on a vast variety of systems.

if you still have problems, running 'dmesg' after 'modprobe ndiswrapper' may be illuminating (it will give you a huge slug of kernel messages, the last few of which should relate to the loading of ndiswrapper and may contain useful error messages).

if you still have problems, running 'dmesg' after 'modprobe ndiswrapper' may be illuminating (it will give you a huge slug of kernel messages, the last few of which should relate to the loading of ndiswrapper and may contain useful error messages).

Thanks guys for your help, but I think this command may have just pointed out a very ignorant and stupid mistake I have made. Running the 64 bit version of Mandriva, I've apparently been trying to use a 32 bit driver (This command shows this). I'm now downloading a 64 bit driver and an updated version of Ndiswrapper, and I hope it should all work from there.

After doing that, I think i'll use Ixthursdan's method to try and get it working. Just in case What I have done hasn't done the trick, what should I do to ensure that bcm43xx never, EVER returns? So far I've blacklisted it 4 times in various locations and renamed the folder it's in. Anything else I can do? How can I check?

I'll get back you you all soon re; how it goes.

Ugh.

Nope, again with the whole "not-working" deal.

:wall:

I had a lot of trouble tracking down 64bit Windows drivers for my card (If anyone could help me in this respect, that would be great), though I eventually found this site which had drivers that supposedly worked, so I tried them out. They installed correctly, but when I tried to use them with Ndiswrapper via the standard GUI, I got exactly the same error.

adamw, below is the output of the command you asked for, after I removed the 32bit drivers. I cant seem to see any ndiswrapper entries, oddly enough:

[root@localhost matt]# modprobe ndiswrapper
[root@localhost matt]# dmesg
Bootdata ok (command line is BOOT_IMAGE=linux root=801 resume=/dev/sda5 splash=silent)
Linux version 2.6.17-5mdv (rtp@ramanujan.mandriva.com) (gcc version 4.1.1 20060724 (prerelease) (4.1.1-3mdk)) #1 SMP Wed Sep 13 14:28:02 EDT 2006
BIOS-provided physical RAM map:
BIOS-e820: 0000000000000000 - 000000000009fc00 (usable)
BIOS-e820: 000000000009fc00 - 00000000000a0000 (reserved)
BIOS-e820: 00000000000e0000 - 0000000000100000 (reserved)
BIOS-e820: 0000000000100000 - 000000007ffc0000 (usable)
BIOS-e820: 000000007ffc0000 - 000000007ffce000 (ACPI data)
BIOS-e820: 000000007ffce000 - 000000007fff0000 (ACPI NVS)
BIOS-e820: 000000007fff0000 - 0000000080000000 (reserved)
BIOS-e820: 00000000fec00000 - 00000000fec01000 (reserved)
BIOS-e820: 00000000fee00000 - 00000000fef00000 (reserved)
BIOS-e820: 00000000ff780000 - 0000000100000000 (reserved)
DMI 2.3 present.
ACPI: RSDP (v000 ACPIAM								) @ 0x00000000000fba80
ACPI: RSDT (v001 A M I  OEMRSDT  0x08000621 MSFT 0x00000097) @ 0x000000007ffc0000
ACPI: FADT (v002 A M I  OEMFACP  0x08000621 MSFT 0x00000097) @ 0x000000007ffc0200
ACPI: MADT (v001 A M I  OEMAPIC  0x08000621 MSFT 0x00000097) @ 0x000000007ffc0390
ACPI: MCFG (v001 A M I  OEMMCFG  0x08000621 MSFT 0x00000097) @ 0x000000007ffc0400
ACPI: OEMB (v001 A M I  AMI_OEM  0x08000621 MSFT 0x00000097) @ 0x000000007ffce040
ACPI: SSDT (v001 A M I  POWERNOW 0x00000001 AMD  0x00000001) @ 0x000000007ffc5460
ACPI: DSDT (v001  A0626 A0626000 0x00000000 INTL 0x02002026) @ 0x0000000000000000
Scanning NUMA topology in Northbridge 24
Number of nodes 1
Node 0 MemBase 0000000000000000 Limit 000000007ffc0000
NUMA: Using 63 for the hash shift.
Using node hash shift of 63
Bootmem setup node 0 0000000000000000-000000007ffc0000
On node 0 totalpages: 515696
 DMA zone: 2679 pages, LIFO batch:0
 DMA32 zone: 513017 pages, LIFO batch:31
Nvidia board detected. Ignoring ACPI timer override.
ACPI: PM-Timer IO Port: 0x508
ACPI: Local APIC address 0xfee00000
ACPI: LAPIC (acpi_id[0x01] lapic_id[0x00] enabled)
Processor #0 15:3 APIC version 16
ACPI: LAPIC (acpi_id[0x02] lapic_id[0x01] enabled)
Processor #1 15:3 APIC version 16
ACPI: IOAPIC (id[0x02] address[0xfec00000] gsi_base[0])
IOAPIC[0]: apic_id 2, version 17, address 0xfec00000, GSI 0-23
ACPI: INT_SRC_OVR (bus 0 bus_irq 0 global_irq 0 dfl dfl)
ACPI: INT_SRC_OVR (bus 0 bus_irq 9 global_irq 9 high level)
ACPI: INT_SRC_OVR (bus 0 bus_irq 14 global_irq 14 high edge)
ACPI: INT_SRC_OVR (bus 0 bus_irq 15 global_irq 15 high edge)
ACPI: IRQ0 used by override.
ACPI: IRQ9 used by override.
ACPI: IRQ14 used by override.
ACPI: IRQ15 used by override.
Setting APIC routing to physical flat
Using ACPI (MADT) for SMP configuration information
Allocating PCI resources starting at 88000000 (gap: 80000000:7ec00000)
Checking aperture...
CPU 0: aperture @ f914000000 size 32 MB
Aperture from northbridge cpu 0 too small (32 MB)
No AGP bridge found
SMP: Allowing 2 CPUs, 0 hotplug CPUs
Built 1 zonelists
Kernel command line: BOOT_IMAGE=linux root=801 resume=/dev/sda5 splash=silent
bootsplash: silent mode.
Initializing CPU#0
PID hash table entries: 4096 (order: 12, 32768 bytes)
Disabling vsyscall due to use of PM timer
time.c: Using 3.579545 MHz WALL PM GTOD PM timer.
time.c: Detected 2812.818 MHz processor.
Console: colour dummy device 80x25
Dentry cache hash table entries: 262144 (order: 9, 2097152 bytes)
Inode-cache hash table entries: 131072 (order: 8, 1048576 bytes)
Memory: 2059528k/2096896k available (2696k kernel code, 36980k reserved, 990k data, 220k init)
Calibrating delay using timer specific routine.. 5632.12 BogoMIPS (lpj=11264241)
Mount-cache hash table entries: 256
CPU: L1 I Cache: 64K (64 bytes/line), D cache 64K (64 bytes/line)
CPU: L2 Cache: 1024K (64 bytes/line)
CPU 0/0(2) -> Node 0 -> Core 0
SMP alternatives: switching to UP code
checking if image is initramfs... it is
Freeing initrd memory: 463k freed
ACPI: Looking for DSDT in initramfs... error, file /DSDT.aml not found.
Using local APIC timer interrupts.
result 12557204
Detected 12.557 MHz APIC timer.
SMP alternatives: switching to SMP code
Booting processor 1/2 APIC 0x1
Initializing CPU#1
Calibrating delay using timer specific routine.. 5625.92 BogoMIPS (lpj=11251852)
CPU: L1 I Cache: 64K (64 bytes/line), D cache 64K (64 bytes/line)
CPU: L2 Cache: 1024K (64 bytes/line)
CPU 1/1(2) -> Node 0 -> Core 1
AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5600+ stepping 03
CPU 1: Syncing TSC to CPU 0.
CPU 1: synchronized TSC with CPU 0 (last diff 1 cycles, maxerr 681 cycles)
Brought up 2 CPUs
testing NMI watchdog ... OK.
migration_cost=304
NET: Registered protocol family 16
ACPI: bus type pci registered
PCI: BIOS Bug: MCFG area at e0000000 is not E820-reserved
PCI: Not using MMCONFIG.
PCI: Using configuration type 1
ACPI: Subsystem revision 20060127
ACPI: Interpreter enabled
ACPI: Using IOAPIC for interrupt routing
ACPI: PCI Root Bridge [PCI0] (0000:00)
PCI: Probing PCI hardware (bus 00)
PCI: Transparent bridge - 0000:00:04.0
Boot video device is 0000:02:00.0
ACPI: PCI Interrupt Routing Table [\_SB_.PCI0._PRT]
ACPI: PCI Interrupt Routing Table [\_SB_.PCI0.P0P1._PRT]
ACPI: PCI Interrupt Routing Table [\_SB_.PCI0.P0P2._PRT]
ACPI: PCI Interrupt Routing Table [\_SB_.PCI0.BR11._PRT]
ACPI: PCI Interrupt Routing Table [\_SB_.PCI0.BR12._PRT]
ACPI: PCI Interrupt Link [LNKA] (IRQs 16 17 18 19) *0, disabled.
ACPI: PCI Interrupt Link [LNKB] (IRQs 16 17 18 19) *0, disabled.
ACPI: PCI Interrupt Link [LNKC] (IRQs 16 17 18 19) *11
ACPI: PCI Interrupt Link [LNKD] (IRQs 16 17 18 19) *0, disabled.
ACPI: PCI Interrupt Link [LNEA] (IRQs 16 17 18 19) *0, disabled.
ACPI: PCI Interrupt Link [LNEB] (IRQs 16 17 18 19) *0, disabled.
ACPI: PCI Interrupt Link [LNEC] (IRQs 16 17 18 19) *0, disabled.
ACPI: PCI Interrupt Link [LNED] (IRQs 16 17 18 19) *11
ACPI: PCI Interrupt Link [LUB0] (IRQs 20 21 22 23) *11
ACPI: PCI Interrupt Link [LUB2] (IRQs 20 21 22 23) *10
ACPI: PCI Interrupt Link [LMAC] (IRQs 20 21 22 23) *11
ACPI: PCI Interrupt Link [LAZA] (IRQs 20 21 22 23) *11
ACPI: PCI Interrupt Link [LACI] (IRQs 20 21 22 23) *0, disabled.
ACPI: PCI Interrupt Link [LMC9] (IRQs 20 21 22 23) *0, disabled.
ACPI: PCI Interrupt Link [LSMB] (IRQs 20 21 22 23) *10
ACPI: PCI Interrupt Link [LPMU] (IRQs 20 21 22 23) *0, disabled.
ACPI: PCI Interrupt Link [LSA0] (IRQs 20 21 22 23) *15
ACPI: PCI Interrupt Link [LSA1] (IRQs 20 21 22 23) *5
ACPI: PCI Interrupt Link [LATA] (IRQs 20 21 22 23) *0, disabled.
PCI: Using ACPI for IRQ routing
PCI: If a device doesn't work, try "pci=routeirq".  If it helps, post a report
PCI-DMA: Disabling IOMMU.
PCI: Bridge: 0000:00:04.0
 IO window: disabled.
 MEM window: dbf00000-dbffffff
 PREFETCH window: disabled.
PCI: Bridge: 0000:00:09.0
 IO window: e000-efff
 MEM window: dc000000-dfffffff
 PREFETCH window: c0000000-cfffffff
PCI: Bridge: 0000:00:0b.0
 MEM window: disabled.
PCI: Bridge: 0000:00:0c.0
 MEM window: disabled.
PCI: Setting latency timer of device 0000:00:04.0 to 64
PCI: Setting latency timer of device 0000:00:09.0 to 64
PCI: Setting latency timer of device 0000:00:0b.0 to 64
PCI: Setting latency timer of device 0000:00:0c.0 to 64
NET: Registered protocol family 2
IP route cache hash table entries: 65536 (order: 7, 524288 bytes)
TCP established hash table entries: 262144 (order: 10, 4194304 bytes)
TCP bind hash table entries: 65536 (order: 8, 1048576 bytes)
TCP: Hash tables configured (established 262144 bind 65536)
TCP reno registered
IA32 emulation $Id: sys_ia32.c,v 1.32 2002/03/24 13:02:28 ak Exp $
audit: initializing netlink socket (disabled)
audit(1184847540.584:1): initialized
Total HugeTLB memory allocated, 0
VFS: Disk quotas dquot_6.5.1
Dquot-cache hash table entries: 512 (order 0, 4096 bytes)
Initializing Cryptographic API
io scheduler noop registered
io scheduler anticipatory registered (default)
io scheduler deadline registered
io scheduler cfq registered
PCI: Setting latency timer of device 0000:00:09.0 to 64
pcie_portdrv_probe->Dev[03e8:10de] has invalid IRQ. Check vendor BIOS
assign_interrupt_mode Found MSI capability
Allocate Port Service[0000:00:09.0:pcie00]
PCI: Setting latency timer of device 0000:00:0b.0 to 64
pcie_portdrv_probe->Dev[03e9:10de] has invalid IRQ. Check vendor BIOS
Allocate Port Service[0000:00:0b.0:pcie00]
PCI: Setting latency timer of device 0000:00:0c.0 to 64
pcie_portdrv_probe->Dev[03e9:10de] has invalid IRQ. Check vendor BIOS
Allocate Port Service[0000:00:0c.0:pcie00]
vesafb: framebuffer at 0xdd000000, mapped to 0xffffc20000080000, using 3750k, total 14336k
vesafb: mode is 800x600x16, linelength=1600, pages=2
vesafb: scrolling: redraw
vesafb: Truecolor: size=0:5:6:5, shift=0:11:5:0
bootsplash 3.1.6-2004/03/31: looking for picture...<6> silentjpeg size 124058 bytes,<6>...found (800x600, 124010 bytes, v3).
Console: switching to colour frame buffer device 93x31
fb0: VESA VGA frame buffer device
Real Time Clock Driver v1.12ac
Linux agpgart interface v0.101 (c) Dave Jones
Serial: 8250/16550 driver $Revision: 1.90 $ 4 ports, IRQ sharing enabled
serial8250: ttyS0 at I/O 0x3f8 (irq = 4) is a 16550A
RAMDISK driver initialized: 16 RAM disks of 32000K size 1024 blocksize
Uniform Multi-Platform E-IDE driver Revision: 7.00alpha2
ide: Assuming 33MHz system bus speed for PIO modes; override with idebus=xx
serio: i8042 AUX port at 0x60,0x64 irq 12
serio: i8042 KBD port at 0x60,0x64 irq 1
mice: PS/2 mouse device common for all mice
md: md driver 0.90.3 MAX_MD_DEVS=256, MD_SB_DISKS=27
md: bitmap version 4.39
TCP bic registered
NET: Registered protocol family 1
ACPI wakeup devices:
PS2K PS2M USB0 USB2 P0P1 HDAC P0P2 BR11 NMAC NSMB PWRB
ACPI: (supports S0 S1 S3 S4 S5)
BIOS EDD facility v0.16 2004-Jun-25, 1 devices found
Freeing unused kernel memory: 220k freed
SCSI subsystem initialized
libata version 1.20 loaded.
sata_nv 0000:00:08.0: version 0.8
ACPI: PCI Interrupt Link [LSA0] enabled at IRQ 23
GSI 16 sharing vector 0xD1 and IRQ 16
ACPI: PCI Interrupt 0000:00:08.0[A] -> Link [LSA0] -> GSI 23 (level, low) -> IRQ 209
PCI: Setting latency timer of device 0000:00:08.0 to 64
ata1: SATA max UDMA/133 cmd 0xD400 ctl 0xD082 bmdma 0xC880 irq 209
ata2: SATA max UDMA/133 cmd 0xD000 ctl 0xCC02 bmdma 0xC888 irq 209
input: AT Translated Set 2 keyboard as /class/input/input0
ata1: SATA link up 3.0 Gbps (SStatus 123)
ata1: dev 0 cfg 49:2f00 82:7069 83:7c61 84:4023 85:7069 86:3c41 87:4023 88:203f
ata1: dev 0 ATA-7, max UDMA/100, 488397168 sectors: LBA48
ata1: dev 0 configured for UDMA/100
scsi0 : sata_nv
ata2: SATA link up 1.5 Gbps (SStatus 113)
input: ImPS/2 Generic Wheel Mouse as /class/input/input1
ata2: dev 0 cfg 49:0f00 82:0210 83:5000 84:4000 85:0210 86:1000 87:4000 88:203f
ata2: dev 0 ATAPI, max UDMA/100
ata2: dev 0 configured for UDMA/100
scsi1 : sata_nv
 Vendor: ATA	   Model: WDC WD2500JS-60N  Rev: 10.0
 Type:   Direct-Access					  ANSI SCSI revision: 05
 Vendor: SATA	  Model: DVDRW 18X18X12X   Rev: JA31
 Type:   CD-ROM							 ANSI SCSI revision: 05
ACPI: PCI Interrupt Link [LSA1] enabled at IRQ 22
GSI 17 sharing vector 0xD9 and IRQ 17
ACPI: PCI Interrupt 0000:00:08.1[B] -> Link [LSA1] -> GSI 22 (level, low) -> IRQ 217
PCI: Setting latency timer of device 0000:00:08.1 to 64
ata3: SATA max UDMA/133 cmd 0xC800 ctl 0xC482 bmdma 0xC000 irq 217
ata4: SATA max UDMA/133 cmd 0xC400 ctl 0xC082 bmdma 0xC008 irq 217
ata3: SATA link down (SStatus 0)
scsi2 : sata_nv
ata4: SATA link down (SStatus 0)
scsi3 : sata_nv
SCSI device sda: 488397168 512-byte hdwr sectors (250059 MB)
sda: Write Protect is off
sda: Mode Sense: 00 3a 00 00
SCSI device sda: drive cache: write back
SCSI device sda: 488397168 512-byte hdwr sectors (250059 MB)
sda: Write Protect is off
sda: Mode Sense: 00 3a 00 00
SCSI device sda: drive cache: write back
sda: sda1 sda2 < sda5 sda6 >
sd 0:0:0:0: Attached scsi disk sda
kjournald starting.  Commit interval 5 seconds
EXT3-fs: mounted filesystem with ordered data mode.
ts: Compaq touchscreen protocol output
usbcore: registered new driver usbfs
usbcore: registered new driver hub
ohci_hcd: 2005 April 22 USB 1.1 'Open' Host Controller (OHCI) Driver (PCI)
ACPI: PCI Interrupt Link [LUB0] enabled at IRQ 21
GSI 18 sharing vector 0xE1 and IRQ 18
ACPI: PCI Interrupt 0000:00:02.0[A] -> Link [LUB0] -> GSI 21 (level, low) -> IRQ 225
PCI: Setting latency timer of device 0000:00:02.0 to 64
ohci_hcd 0000:00:02.0: OHCI Host Controller
ohci_hcd 0000:00:02.0: new USB bus registered, assigned bus number 1
ohci_hcd 0000:00:02.0: irq 225, io mem 0xdbeff000
usb usb1: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice
hub 1-0:1.0: USB hub found
hub 1-0:1.0: 10 ports detected
ACPI: PCI Interrupt Link [LUB2] enabled at IRQ 20
GSI 19 sharing vector 0xE9 and IRQ 19
ACPI: PCI Interrupt 0000:00:02.1[B] -> Link [LUB2] -> GSI 20 (level, low) -> IRQ 233
PCI: Setting latency timer of device 0000:00:02.1 to 64
ehci_hcd 0000:00:02.1: EHCI Host Controller
ehci_hcd 0000:00:02.1: new USB bus registered, assigned bus number 2
ehci_hcd 0000:00:02.1: debug port 1
PCI: cache line size of 64 is not supported by device 0000:00:02.1
ehci_hcd 0000:00:02.1: irq 233, io mem 0xdbefec00
ehci_hcd 0000:00:02.1: USB 2.0 started, EHCI 1.00, driver 10 Dec 2004
usb usb2: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice
hub 2-0:1.0: USB hub found
hub 2-0:1.0: 10 ports detected
sr0: scsi3-mmc drive: 48x/48x writer dvd-ram cd/rw xa/form2 cdda tray
Uniform CD-ROM driver Revision: 3.20
sr 1:0:0:0: Attached scsi CD-ROM sr0
usb 2-10: new high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 2
usb 2-10: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice
hub 2-10:1.0: USB hub found
hub 2-10:1.0: 1 port detected
usb 2-10.1: new high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 3
usb 2-10.1: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice
Initializing USB Mass Storage driver...
scsi4 : SCSI emulation for USB Mass Storage devices
usb-storage: device found at 3
usbcore: registered new driver usb-storage
USB Mass Storage support registered.
usb-storage: waiting for device to settle before scanning
ndiswrapper version 1.21 loaded (preempt=no,smp=yes)
ndiswrapper (check_nt_hdr:149): kernel is 64-bit, but Windows driver is not 64-bit;bad magic: 010B
ndiswrapper (load_sys_files:215): couldn't prepare driver 'bcmwl5'
ndiswrapper (load_wrap_driver:113): loadndiswrapper failed (65280); check system log for messages from 'loadndisdriver'
powernow-k8: Found 2 AMD Athlon 64 / Opteron processors (version 1.60.2)
powernow-k8:	0 : fid 0x14 (2800 MHz), vid 0x8 (1350 mV)
powernow-k8:	1 : fid 0x12 (2600 MHz), vid 0xa (1300 mV)
powernow-k8:	2 : fid 0x10 (2400 MHz), vid 0xc (1250 mV)
powernow-k8:	3 : fid 0xe (2200 MHz), vid 0xe (1200 mV)
powernow-k8:	4 : fid 0xc (2000 MHz), vid 0x10 (1150 mV)
powernow-k8:	5 : fid 0xa (1800 MHz), vid 0x10 (1150 mV)
powernow-k8:	6 : fid 0x2 (1000 MHz), vid 0x12 (1100 mV)
cpu_init done, current fid 0x14, vid 0x8
device-mapper: 4.6.0-ioctl (2006-02-17) initialised: dm-devel@redhat.com
EXT3 FS on sda1, internal journal
 Vendor: USB 2.0   Model: Flash Disk		Rev: 1.00
 Type:   Direct-Access					  ANSI SCSI revision: 00
SCSI device sdb: 126976 512-byte hdwr sectors (65 MB)
sdb: Write Protect is off
sdb: Mode Sense: 00 26 00 00
sdb: assuming drive cache: write through
SCSI device sdb: 126976 512-byte hdwr sectors (65 MB)
sdb: Write Protect is off
sdb: Mode Sense: 00 26 00 00
sdb: assuming drive cache: write through
sdb: sdb1
sd 4:0:0:0: Attached scsi removable disk sdb
usb-storage: device scan complete
sd 0:0:0:0: Attached scsi generic sg0 type 0
sr 1:0:0:0: Attached scsi generic sg1 type 5
sd 4:0:0:0: Attached scsi generic sg2 type 0
Adding 4088500k swap on /dev/sda5.  Priority:-1 extents:1 across:4088500k
kjournald starting.  Commit interval 5 seconds
EXT3 FS on sda6, internal journal
EXT3-fs: mounted filesystem with ordered data mode.
loop: loaded (max 8 devices, max 1 partitions per device)
bootsplash 3.1.6-2004/03/31: looking for picture...<6> silentjpeg size 124058 bytes,<6>...found (800x600, 124010 bytes, v3).
bootsplash: status on console 0 changed to on
ACPI: Power Button (FF) [PWRF]
ACPI: Power Button (CM) [PWRB]
NET: Registered protocol family 17
NET: Registered protocol family 10
lo: Disabled Privacy Extensions
IPv6 over IPv4 tunneling driver
bootsplash 3.1.6-2004/03/31: looking for picture...<6>...found (800x600, 12533 bytes, v3).
bootsplash: status on console 0 changed to on
bootsplash 3.1.6-2004/03/31: looking for picture...<6>...found (800x600, 12533 bytes, v3).
bootsplash: status on console 1 changed to on
bootsplash: status on console 2 changed to on
bootsplash: status on console 3 changed to on
bootsplash: status on console 4 changed to on
bootsplash: status on console 5 changed to on

As you can probably notice, I ran it just after booting.

Ndiswrapper -l shows the new driver as installed, with hardware present.

When I try and run the new network wizard, I run into the same error (though I seem to have effectively killed off bcm43xx, It only asks for an ndiswrapper driver now). How might I co about installing a new version of ndiswrapper? I cant seem to compile ti from source (I don't really know how) and the rpm I downloaded of it would not work. can anyone link me a good one, or instruct me on installing it from the tarball?

P.S: sorry about the massive code block, the spoiler function does not seem to work for me.